Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytip View Post
    I remember the exact same things happening in tot lfr when it came out. It'll get better.
    But dont you get it, they suffer from an extreme case of rose tinted glasses. ToT LFR was a delightful as a cool breeze over a hill as far as they are concerned and the new raid is a thunderstorm going as far as their patience will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me over 5 hours to get into the 2nd wing this week after reset and be put at the first boss of the 2nd wing...its beyond stupid it takes dps that long to get a fresh run and not placed at 3rd or last boss of the wing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's probably me griefing people in there by pulling extra trash and wiping the raid 1o times for determ buff lol. God do I love LFR. it should stay.

LFR is inherently flawed. People leaving after a certain point will most likely cause their substitutes to have to join another LFR to do the stuff before they joined. Because Valor points are almost useless at the moment (well except you are a loot-lucky bastard, in this case you may burn in hell :P) there is almost no incentive to endure a run to the end after you've been to a boss, you won't get anything from. This causes them to leave again early, which causes delays for other people, which in turn may them cause to leave early and the whole fucking thing keeps snowballing. This is of cource negated if people only need the later bosses, but this early into a patch we can assume this to be not the case most of the time. Having the last 2 bosses of a wing being actually somewhat true to the required tactic doesn't really help, especially considering what people call themself tanks these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    If this is how LFR is after Flex is introduced, I want it removed from the game. It's a waste of resources.
    I want to win the Euromillions lotto Jackpot on a 16 week roll over. Guess we are both shit out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    tanking is thankless
    Well, yeah. Everything is thankless. I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    ----when LFR is challenging people complain that they are wiping too much
    ----when LFR is too easy it's "free" loot and should be removed

...what?
    The problem is LFR is just bad. It HAS to be easy because nobody wants to wipe even once. That's why LFR is so bad right now. It's designed for people with little time. People with little time can't afford to wipe. But then it becomes an easy loot fest if you never wipe.
    Honestly I think they need to remove LFR and make flex easier. Not as easy as LFR is now but easy enough to where it doesn't feel like a negative to bring extra players who aren't as good.

Deleted
    Most raiders will be doing flex with guild, and will not want to join lfr, so you will lose the pool of experienced tanks/healers with knowledge of the fights

First of all, let me get to this point first.

1.) Has anyone else seen an INCREASE in chance of joining an lfr ALREADY IN PROGRESS? I don't WANT THAT. I want a FRESH RUN.

My main point.

2.) I am sitting in an LFR, an LFR that was already in progress btw, and we get to the trash for the Korkron Shaman boss. Two of the tanks leave. I am now waiting with 20+ other people for new tanks. 10 Mins pass - nothing.

20 mins pass - nothing.

People start to leave.

I am now sitting in an LFR with 3 people, still in queue, 30 min later.

If this is how LFR is after Flex is introduced, I want it removed from the game. It's a waste of resources.

1) new LFR = lots of churn = lots of spots open in the middle

2) pugs are brutal on tanks, nothing new

take a month off if you want smooth LFRs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    The problem is LFR is just bad. It HAS to be easy because nobody wants to wipe even once. That's why LFR is so bad right now. It's designed for people with little time. People with little time can't afford to wipe. But then it becomes an easy loot fest if you never wipe.
    Honestly I think they need to remove LFR and make flex easier. Not as easy as LFR is now but easy enough to where it doesn't feel like a negative to bring extra players who aren't as good.
    It will always feel negative to bring players who aren't as good because it is a negative. Making it easier just makes it more likely it won't matter, but no one wants to bring dead weight from trade chat. LFR is great for people that don't have friends raiding and they can hit a button and join. Wiping now will level out as people learn the fights and outgear the content.

Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    1) new LFR = lots of churn = lots of spots open in the middle

2) pugs are brutal on tanks, nothing new

take a month off if you want smooth LFRs

- - - Updated - - -

It will always feel negative to bring players who aren't as good because it is a negative. Making it easier just makes it more likely it won't matter, but no one wants to bring dead weight from trade chat. LFR is great for people that don't have friends raiding and they can hit a button and join. Wiping now will level out as people learn the fights and outgear the content.
    I feel like the fix for this is just to have the health and damage scale slightly over 10 man bosses. So less scaling than now, but some scaling. Keep the mechanics the same for 10 man to and never scale up, such as only 2 prisons like in 10man sha of pride even with 25 people in flex.

So unless the guy is literally a deadweight, (60k DPS isnt a deadweight, but anything lower should be negatively rewarded), it should be positive or at the very least only slightly harder to bring in more people who arent as skilled.

1.) Has anyone else seen an INCREASE in chance of joining an lfr ALREADY IN PROGRESS? I don't WANT THAT. I want a FRESH RUN.

My main point.

2.) I am sitting in an LFR, an LFR that was already in progress btw, and we get to the trash for the Korkron Shaman boss. Two of the tanks leave. I am now waiting with 20+ other people for new tanks. 10 Mins pass - nothing.

20 mins pass - nothing.

People start to leave.

Stop using the "It's a waste of resources" argument. This is a passive/aggressive way of being a control freak. You don't worry about the resources. That's for blizz to worry about. Not you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    LFR is inherently flawed.
    Even if it was perfect the people who use it aren't so that's not much of an argument really and wouldn't solve any of the problems associated with it. Most LFR threads at some level are about "why do I have to play with these people, jeez?" Which means that whoever is making that argument should simply stay out of random groups. You say that "LFR is inherently flawed" and the rest of your post complains about the behavior of people who run it.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-29 at 12:56 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Which means that whoever is making that argument should simply stay out of random groups.
    Yes, moving to Flex seems to be the solution, at least for the coming expansion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Could always get LFR done on 11 characters the first week, there is no way there is enough time for me to do that with the mess the current LFRs are in, joining an LFR in progress and tanks ( sometimes both at the same time ) leaving has never been as prevalent as it is now.
    If you are running one or two characters and que early Tuesday you will not see a problem, but you cant get many more than that in before the quality of the groups drops drastically, first weeks have always been rough but you could count on a consistency to the groups for the entire week in a new wing.

Deleted
    The first seven times I went LFR, I entered after the Protectors. Seven times. That is ridiculous.

But on the other hand, you can't just put a "only put me in a fresh raid" option, because that would be the doom of every LFR that loses a tank or a healer. They'd never fill up ever again.

So it's back to queueing up, leaving when it's not fresh, waiting and starting from the beginning. Fun.

LFR is so bad right now and its only going to get worse not better as the weeks go by.
    As a player with far too many 90s, LFR was the perfect answer to gearing all my characters nicely and seeing content, the arrival of flex has destroyed LFR.
    I guess its back to square one, be a raider or watch the content on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Doing LFR on any other day than wednesday ,thursday or friday is hell -.- Joined 2nd wing of soo today as i wanted to complete my vision of time i joined at at 12:45...we killed nazgrim at 4:05 >.< It was the worst lfr I've ever been in... i don't think i will run the second wing ever again...

Start
    http://i.imgur.com/2IjDmoj.jpg

middle
    http://i.imgur.com/yDQmDJg.jpg

end
    http://i.imgur.com/CANHqJU.jpg

I didn't mind the wiping too much it was having to re-queue for 30min after each wipe -.-
    Kinda OT here but the fact that a healer with no ui and no keybinds is topping healing by a significantly large margin answer alot about lfr.. I can now kill myself coz ive officialy seen everything. (not a stab at you m8 but fuck me i couldnt do it i even have a and d bound O_o)

My main point.

20 mins pass - nothing.

People start to leave.

It's new so people are leaving after a wipe or a few wipes. It being new is also why so many wipes are going on. I perfer Flex myself now, But LFR is like this every new tier, so I don't know what to tell ya.

It's kind of stupid that you don't like something so you want it removed from the game.

That said, I think LFR is in a sad state. It is a ghetto. Now with the nicer residents all having moved on to Flex or wherever else, I can't see it getting better. Too many apathetic, bad, and/or afk players for it to be worth it. I was going to gear up my alt and complete his legendary quest line, but it's too much of a hassle.

Anyone who says lfr is always like this with a new tier hasn't touched the new wings since flex was introduced, and if you have you did it on Tuesday.