Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Since the healers are soaking orbs, I have to solo heal the raid when my partner leaves to do the test. What is the difference between popping HotW at the end and popping NV at the end? NV lasts for 30 seconds, provides more burst than HotW, and allows you to damage the boss. I seriously doubt u'll be damaging the boss with HotW.
    HotW lasts 50% longer, provides a bonus even when it's not active, and affects all your heals (including WG, shroom bloom and Tranquility). Which cooldown provides the most healing is going to depend on your spell breakdown for the fight. While NV grants +40% to rejuvenation, it's only +12% to AoE heals. HotW in comparison grants ~31% more healing for everything. Taking into account the much longer duration, HotW is going to provide significantly more "oomph" per activation.

In the end it comes down to whether you want the higher uptime of NV or the bigger impact per activation of HotW.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

back to DoC as a healing option... it is indeed lackluster for progression. it is a fun toy, and works in fights that you need 2.5 healers, OR when you have boomkin to be the third healer. it allows you to do decent (not great, not bad) healing with secondary stats that are not native to resto gear. but in most cases, just drop the third healer and tell your raid to use personal CD's and the extra dps will more than make up for the DoC druid.
    Please note, i am a fan of DoC for the few cases that it is good, but the in general, if you take a speced/geared/reforged resto druid w/o DoC, and just have them take the DoC talent => that is a MAJOR healing loss for a medium dps (50-70k) gain.