Solo'ing old raids at the appropriate level

Does anyone else tried this out? I rolled a 60 paladin to solo MC and it's by far some of the most fun I've had in the game. Currently at 4/9, I'm hoping to be 5/9 soon though. If so, let us hear about it, I'm curious as to what other raids we can solo at the appropriate level.

Hmmm this is quite interesting. What rules are you setting up for this, if any? For example are you only using vanilla loot for vanilla raids, or are you getting BC greens/blues to buff you greatly?
    I think you've given me a desire to level an alt here

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    this could be a lot of fun.. may have to roll an alt on an another server to give this a try.

You are astonished that we can solo raids at approriate level with a 10 decade refined toolkit when all we used to do was auto attack?

YOU DONT SAY!

I don't think anyone is astonished really. It seems more like something we haven't thought of and as such find an interest in.
    It's like finding out your favourite toy also has another button on the back that makes it do something cool. Nothing amazing, but simply new to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anolith View Post
    I don't think anyone is astonished really. It seems more like something we haven't thought of and as such find an interest in.
    It's like finding out your favourite toy also has another button on the back that makes it do something cool. Nothing amazing, but simply new to you.
    I agree with this. It does sound interesting to try and do. Depending on your own rules (gear, enchants, etc) you might have to struggle a little to accomplish something like this, and may give a new perspective on doing things outside of the box. Blowing through it probably won't be an option in many cases.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to know what the OP's rules are, Because there is a whole world of difference in how strong a lvl 60 is now to then anyway, But if you add newer gear and enchants etc then it becomes trivial, But it sounds fun nonetheless ^^

Ok, there is just one rule, you must never have help from anyone, whether they are a higher level or just the same level. That means you have to be clever with dodging certain packs of trash, whether it involves invisbility pots, the gnomish cloaking device, or running past them to evade. I do use all possible gems and enchants that are available, as well as flasks, and in the case of Molten core, fire resist gear - which still works, despite what blizzard has said at times, but I'm not positive that all of the pieces work, such as outland greens that have fire resist. A pvp trinket is necessary, even some heirlooms (the haste is very strong for active mitigation). There's many items out there, some I won't mention for those that want to try it, that can make a MASSIVE difference.

That being said, for some that think the gems and enchants make it too easy, I'd suggest you try it out lol. Either way I can assure you that you will have a lot of fun. If you're looking for a challenge, Golemagg, Major Domo, and Ragg in particular hit VERY VERY hard, I typically die within 20 to 30 seconds from too much damage. I have yet to down Gehennas or Garr, but I've come pretty close with Garr and I've got a strat I'm working on for Gehennas that will take some time lol.

- - - Updated - - -

One more rule, although this is mainly just because it'd take too much time, I never get buffs from any other classes.