Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i like how the legendary cloak was done in this expansion. why make something like that and just automatically exclude most of the people who play the game? it was a long quest, it took some time and effort.

i would propose to blizzard that in the next expansion when they have a quest like this, you can avoid the mass qq'ing by simply changing the name of the item from orange color to purple color. oh yea, please dont call it legendary, just call it epic. most of the players who have the cloak could care less what color the name is or if its 'epic' or 'legendary'.

oh and yea, please make something that only 1 person on the server will ever be able to get so people can fight over being a rockstar.
    Last edited by Canderous1; 2013-10-04 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I feel obligated to say "now this is really nonsense" again lol. Have you done normal mode raids? In LFR the mechanics are almost non-existant, and you can /afk if you want to. That's why a lot of people refer to it as a "welfare legendary". Guys that do 30k dps, can get this legendary, as long as they just do LFR for the week. Is the grind long? Definitely, but doesn't change the fact that it lacked challenge.
    I fail to grasp why it bothers you that someone else can get something? good for them I say. it's not like my game enjoyment diminishes with every legendary cloak on my server.

Deleted
    A simpel solution really : get rid of legendaries they breake the game in PVP/PVE they cause QQ they cause guild drama for what a damn pixel i mean really they do more bad than good for the game. Just so some can feel Special.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I only leveled my hunter in 5.4 and even if people have similar ilvl gear overall, the legendary cloak gives them huge DPS boost. I seem to 'underperform' just due to the fact I don't have the legendary. It skews the 'expectations' more than a bit.
    Yeah, because in the past legendaries weren't giving a possibility to outperform people without legendaries.
    Oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by baline View Post
    A simpel solution really : get rid of legendaries they breake the game in PVP/PVE they cause QQ they cause guild drama for what a damn pixel i mean really they do more bad than good for the game. Just so some can feel Special.
    Sure. Let's just strip game of all things you don't have and can't be afforded to bother to get. Let's get rid of high-end raiding, it causes drama. Let's get rid of ranked pvp, it causes drama. In the end we'll have a game of equal clones afking together in Stormwing, obviously the best game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Now I know a lot of people prefer the old model of legendary's, and some who enjoy the new approach. Well how about the best of both worlds. Have an expansion long questline ending with a legendary, and a legendary for a specific class. You could even call it something else. A higher tier than legendary.
    legendaries should be legendary again. that means not everyone on the server should get one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea I can agree with that. I can not think of a name but a new grade of gear beyond legendary would be a good idea imo.
    The current grade beyond legendary is Artifact
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Sure. Let's just strip game of all things you don't have and can't be afforded to bother to get. Let's get rid of high-end raiding, it causes drama. Let's get rid of ranked pvp, it causes drama. In the end we'll have a game of equal clones afking together in Stormwing, obviously the best game ever.
    so you saying if there isnt a legendary there isnt anything to do or without it all mmo`s would be the same!? thats a weird statement
    my point was i think legendaries do more negative things than positive regardless of who there can get it.

The legendary items should be different in terms of Ilevel.

The way for it to see this is how you complete say a particular task. So say the lei shen and sha of fear sections where you need to kill them? If you kill them in LFR only then when it came to 5.4 you get the LFR version of the legendary (so the proc is the same but the ilevel is lower than a heroic version).

If you killed both bosses in Normal you can get the normal version which has a higher ilevel than the LFR cloak. Same thing if you did heroic Leis shen and sha, you could get the Heroic ilevel version of the cloak.

Thats the only change I would make. That way players doing the 3 levels of content (now 4 going forward) could get a cloak thats legendary but be rewarded differently depending on what mode they did it in.

I certainly would not complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    legendaries should be legendary again. that means not everyone on the server should get one.
    Yeah right make it so only one per server can get it - this way at least some guilds will transfer to low pop servers and make blizzard even more money....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Did you read what I said or just kneejerk to post your two cents with a pointless factoid not being challenged? I said they'll never make it "heroic ontent only" as it should be. Key words "never" and "should". Im quite well aware than legendaries in the past have been obtainable through normal content and now can be obtained from the cesspit that is LFR. They SHOULD have only been obtainable from heroic content since the inception of heroic content in wrath.
    You know what - the game is better by you unsubing and making the next legendary the same way as it is now because that way
    MORE players are pleased compared to your one ego....

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    And your response didn't even register on my reading comprehension detector.
    Oh rubbish, you don't have to do a single bloody thing that requires any challenge at all. Stop patting yourself on the back. At least the Shadowmourne quest required testing mettle. 3 man a bloody elite in Krasarang and do some BGs, grind valor. So hard. Funny your bullshit meter doesn't work when you spew it.
    Great, anymore proofs to show off you DONT have the cloak? ^^

Really, if you just do PvE for a few months, almost nothing is stopping you from getting the legendary unless you go out of your way to not get it.
    Same as in Vanilla then.... except this time everyone can get it instead of some egomanic who after getting wanders of to another guild....
    lol.... getting a legendary cloak from LFR is not the same as getting the legendaries in the past. One possessed some level of challenge, the other does not.
    Yep and its the first one - getting some random drop from Illidan bears zero challenge compare to the cloak.
    Killing Illidan now, is easy. Killing it back then, while some will debate it, was definitely more challenging than the current questline.
    No it wasnt - you could die while fighting Illidan and still get your glaives - you cant die and archive the goal on SINGLE PLAYER quests....Seriously bro get your pink glasses tilled with nostalgica off please....

Quote Originally Posted by Treghell View Post
    Problem in lfr cloack is that you dont deserve it, when comparing to hc players who spend shitloads of more time in game. This is same in everyday life, those who spent more time on hobbies, school, work (depends) will get more of it.
    Right - go back to your hole little hurt special snowflake - its lfr people who have worked harder for the cloaks as the better your ilevel the easier ie the fight against wrathion is.... want a challenge? do the questline with lfr only!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    The current grade beyond legendary is Artifact
    Artifacts are not available to players, therefore it is safe the say there is no grade beyond legendary, as it is highly improbable that a player will ever get one again

Deleted
    legendaries should be heroic only, no point in giving it to a normal/flex/lfr raiders, they won't even get a chance to properly use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    I remember there being artifact items. Only for GMs if I remember well. It could make a nice addition to the game. I like your idea OP.
    they turned into Heirlooms

Quote Originally Posted by baline View Post
    so you saying if there isnt a legendary there isnt anything to do or without it all mmo`s would be the same!? thats a weird statement
    my point was i think legendaries do more negative things than positive regardless of who there can get it.
    You could find same point of view for every aspect of the game from some players who don't enjoy something. That's not the reason to delete content other people are enjoying. It IS a fun to obtain a Legendary item. I'd love it to have different ilvl based on the level of content it was gained, though.

Deleted
    I'd like hard solo content that gave you a legendary. Solo content a bit harder than Warlock Green fire, that requires you to know not only your class, but each spec. The Paladin one could have a DPS race section, a healing section, a tanking section, ect. All of them would be intertwined with lore characters so the quest line seems personal. Druids could work with Malfurion, Shamans with Thrall, Paladins with Tirion... Each step of the chain can only be progressed by killing the end boss of that tier on Flex, Normal, or Heroic.
    Assuming the same patch release cycle as MoP, You start in 6.0, do a bit of the quest, kill the boss of that tier, 6.1 introduces a lot more solo content, 6.2 a little bit more, kill the end boss, 6.3, a lot more legendary solo content, 6.4, do a final scenario solo that is hard as hell to complete with current gear and complex, that rewards you with the legendary.
    Depending on what difficulty you killed the boss, the stats on the legendary would change. Doing a Flex kill on 6.0 end boss and 6.2 end boss gives you a flex level legendary in 6.4. It can be upgraded by killing the boss on normal afterwards.
    This combines a long quest, solo content, and having to kill bosses to get it. It's different for each class, so alts can have an enjoyable expereince too. I think it works decently, and we might even get some new lore out of it!

>wana make an alt? NO PROBLEM, just grind LFR for 4 months to get your required legendaries!

Worst thing mop has ever introduced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    they turned into Heirlooms
    Actually Artefact and Heirloom are two different item qualities, they just share a colour.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

You yourself pointed out the problem. There is still a challenge in normal mode raiding because you have to progress to the point where you can do something like kill Kil'jaeden for the bow, which despite some will say here, was a very very difficult fight. In LFR there is no progression because you can beat everything the first night it is out, often while doing no research into the actual fights. The grind is very long, I totally agree, but the lack of challenge made it very simple, as long as you do the grind, in my opinion.
    I get what you're saying, and in some way I agree with you that defeating a certain boss is a challenge, but the legendary bow is one of the least legendary weapons in my eyes, as it's just a drop next to the epics KJ drops, just with a smaller chance. It's legendary on the first kill, but after its just RNG. Also, a legendary obtained by defeating the last boss of an expansion does only give you 'that special snowflake feeling' since you don't really need it anymore after....

Same goes for the glaives in a way, except that those legendarys really shine when you have both, and the instances had to be unlocked at first. Still also just RNG as far as those legendary's concerned.

Also, as I said, I'd be perfectly fine with legendary's dropping of bosses, since well, I don't care that much, but in terms of challenge I just agree with you to dissagree, since the challenge in the cloak is the time you have to invest (ready, to not get behind), and the challenge in former legendary's has just been progression (a few weeks time investment).

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    I fail to grasp why it bothers you that someone else can get something? good for them I say. it's not like my game enjoyment diminishes with every legendary cloak on my server.

Um... because in a game where items progress your character, giving the best item in the game to people that are playing poorly seems weird. Seems like it would make more sense to give them a really nice epic.... but a legendary? That is very silly lol. That's like on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" if they gave the million bucks to everyone, even the people that got the first question wrong lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Same as in Vanilla then.... except this time everyone can get it instead of some egomanic who after getting wanders of to another guild....
    Yep and its the first one - getting some random drop from Illidan bears zero challenge compare to the cloak.
    No it wasnt - you could die while fighting Illidan and still get your glaives - you cant die and archive the goal on SINGLE PLAYER quests....Seriously bro get your pink glasses tilled with nostalgica off please....

Right - go back to your hole little hurt special snowflake - its lfr people who have worked harder for the cloaks as the better your ilevel the easier ie the fight against wrathion is.... want a challenge? do the questline with lfr only!

You must not have played vanilla lol.... LFR wasn't around back then. And getting through MC when it originally came out was much more challenging then anything in LFR. Keep in mind some of the boss mechanics, while not hard now, back then were much more challenging. Ragnaros hitting someone for 6k, when most players had 3 to 4k for example. Ditto with Illidan, the point is you had to put in a lot of work AND skillful play to get to that point. With the current legendary, you can just show up, and afk LFR. If you never did a normal raid before, I can see how you'd come to this conclusion, but trust me when I say regular raids are VERY different from what you see in LFR. And who doesn't one shot the single player quests? lol..... I think these are some of the worst arguments I've ever seen here and that is saying a lot.

Exactly lol. The guy will probably respond with "well you could just get warglaives if you killed Illidan" or something, ignoring the fact that going through Kara, Gruul's Lair, Tempest Keep, SSC, and then through Black Temple, all the way to Illidan was about 10 times more difficult then the current legendary. His bullshit detector is at max level every time he logs in and posts lol.
    Yep you state the truth

Because you stayed through an entire expansion, you think you deserve a legendary? Lol

Most people saying that probably didn't level to 60 in vanilla, 70 in bc and even 80 in wotlk
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

The arguments here are completely ignoring the solution I presented. Which it seems would please both point of views.
    Stonecloak, this is what the Legendary Cloak is, it's a mix of the two.
    1. Runestones = RNG
    2. QUest= collect runestones!
    yeh ;P