Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Could I get a Legendary during Cata? No, raiding as the wrong class, a Paladin.
    Could I get a Legendary during Wrath? I didn't raid during Wrath.
    Could I get a Legendary during TBC? No, raiding as the wrong class, a Priest.
    Could I get a Legendary during Vanilla? Yes! Oh wait, no, even though I raided Naxx 40 (as a priest) from the day it was released until 2 weeks before TBC we only go enough shards to make 1 staff.

I'm happy that after all this time I was able to get a Legendary that didn't require me to be raiding as a certain class or get a really really low drop item.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    This legendary is so fucking retarded. I didn't expect this. The idea of the quest line is great, but i have never seen so many people with a legendary this early in a new patch. Sure you saw alot of shadowmournes or alot of Valkyrs at the end of wotlk, but not 3 weeks into 3.3 or 3.1..
    You're comparing apples to oranges in a completely obtuse manner. It would be impossible to see Shadowmourne or Val'anyr at the start of the patch it was introduced, because of the RNG/quests involved. Much like it would have been impossible to see the legendary cloaks prior to 5.4... due to the RNG/quests involved.

Oh rubbish, you don't have to do a single bloody thing that requires any challenge at all. Stop patting yourself on the back. At least the Shadowmourne quest required testing mettle. 3 man a bloody elite in Krasarang and do some BGs, grind valor. So hard. Funny your bullshit meter doesn't work when you spew it.
    Funny how raids in xpacs past required all these extreme tests of skill and intelligence in order to obtain legendaries. I remember being in guilds that carried quite a few people, and pretty much every melee in our ICC group had the pre-cursor to Shadowmourne. Val'anyr was more rare, in part due to the short time between Uld and ToC. And what rogue didn't have the daggers in Cata? How many casters had Dragonwrath, especially in 25-man? Legendaries have not been rare since BC, they are just super-epics with a proc.

And getting through MC when it originally came out was much more challenging then anything in LFR. Keep in mind some of the boss mechanics, while not hard now, back then were much more challenging. Ragnaros hitting someone for 6k, when most players had 3 to 4k for example.
    FR gear would help with that 6k shot. MC is probably comparable to LFR, since in both raids you have a bunch of people sleeping through fights.

Um... because in a game where items progress your character, giving the best item in the game to people that are playing poorly seems weird. Seems like it would make more sense to give them a really nice epic.... but a legendary? That is very silly lol.
    Obviously you've never been in a guild with a loot council, because this is not a new thing. But aside from that, who cares? If literally everyone in the game was given the cloak upon login, it wouldn't affect my ability to have fun playing at all.
    Last edited by Jimson; 2013-10-04 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    MC is probably comparable to LFR, since in both raids you have a bunch of people sleeping through fights.

Obviously you've never been in a guild with a loot council, because this is not a new thing. But aside from that, who cares? If literally everyone in the game was given the cloak upon login, it wouldn't affect my ability to have fun playing at all.
    We've seen the cries for nerfs on LFR Nazgrim lol, which has a phase where you simply stop attacking. If Ragnaros in his vanilla form was in LFR, you'd probably see nobody down it lol. I think you'd agree even getting a FR set was probably more of a challenge than what is in LFR. Plus keep in mind, in vanilla, there was no guarantee that everyone would get a legendary as long as they played through two tiers of content, unlike today.

As for guilds not passing you loot properly, I've been in them and if I felt they were using poor judgement, I'd quit, which I've done many times over. Devaluing a legendary just so people get a self esteem boost seems like a silly thing, do you think people should've gotten frostmourne if they played the whole wotlk expansion, just because they stuck around?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Legendary quests should never have been doable in LFR. Im hoping with flex around now if they decide to follow a similar path next expansion it will only be Flex/normal/heroic since they'll never make it be "heroic content only" as legendaries should be.
    Why?

Look at every legendary quest line. With the exception of the final boss, or tossing the hammer in Yogg's mouth (lolwut?), the majority of the quest time has been: Gather X of Y. How... in any way shape or form does a tedious grind indicate legendary?

And if it does... why does grinding out bosses on a lesser difficulty not count? You're still grinding. Is it because of the lesser difficulty? Then you should be opposed to acquiring legendaries from previous expansions since the content isn't difficult anymore.

So what, then, should legendaries be removed when the new expansion comes out?

Your idea of what makes something legendary is skewed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries in LFR was asking for trouble, and on top of that everyone could get one - making them a requirement for later on.

I was playing my alt ret paladin

1. melee sucks (40yard turret is umm...probably easier bros...)
    2. ret sucks (yikes!)
    3. no cape/meta (pfft 20-25% down the drain)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Now I know a lot of people prefer the old model of legendary's, and some who enjoy the new approach. Well how about the best of both worlds. Have an expansion long questline ending with a legendary, and a legendary for a specific class. You could even call it something else. A higher tier than legendary.
    Specific class legendary were dumb.

I played Enh shaman. Wrath and Cataclysm sucked. Wait, so did BC.

I doubt there would be this much QQ about the legendary if it was a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Why?

Look at every legendary quest line. With the exception of the final boss, or tossing the hammer in Yogg's mouth (lolwut?), the majority of the quest time has been: Gather X of Y. How... in any way shape or form does a tedious grind indicate legendary?

And if it does... why does grinding out bosses on a lesser difficulty not count? You're still grinding. Is it because of the lesser difficulty? Then you should be opposed to acquiring legendaries from previous expansions since the content isn't difficult anymore.

So what, then, should legendaries be removed when the new expansion comes out?

Your idea of what makes something legendary is skewed.

Why? Because LFR lacks any sort of challenge, whereas with previous legendaries there was a reasonable amount of challenge mixed in with a long tedious grind. As it stands now, if you played through the first two tiers of content for a couple of months, there should be no reason why you *don't* have the legendary lol.... which is weird when you think about it. Why should the game hand out legendaries to people that just played for a few consecutive months? And yes, past legendaries like thunderfury are a joke to get now too, but the difference is, this legendary was a joke to get on the day of it's release.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    We've seen the cries for nerfs on LFR Nazgrim lol, which has a phase where you simply stop attacking. If Ragnaros in his vanilla form was in LFR, you'd probably see nobody down it lol. I think you'd agree even getting a FR set was probably more of a challenge than what is in LFR. Plus keep in mind, in vanilla, there was no guarantee that everyone would get a legendary as long as they played through two tiers of content, unlike today.

As for guilds not passing you loot properly, I've been in them and if I felt they were using poor judgement, I'd quit, which I've done many times over. Devaluing a legendary just so people get a self esteem boost seems like a silly thing, do you think people should've gotten frostmourne if they played the whole wotlk expansion, just because they stuck around?
    Rag in his vanilla form wouldn't be in a Vanilla LFR, just like bosses today are different in LFR than in normal modes. I was against the changes to Nazgrim, because I don't think LFR should cater to people who can't bother to follow a basic mechanic, but it is what it is.

I'd have no problem with people getting Frostmourne the same way the cloaks were rewarded. Why should I? My level of fun in WoW is not dependent on my gear level measured against everyone else's.

this legendary was a joke to get on the day of it's release.
    This is like saying Dragonwrath was a joke because the final quest just required you to talk to someone. If you completely ignore the the quests and tasks leading up to the legendary cloak quest, then yes, killing the Celestials and gathering 5k coins was pretty easy.
    Last edited by Jimson; 2013-10-04 at 05:16 PM.

I don't think those ppl doing 30k in lfr will ever get their hands on legendary cloak. they can't even get past the solo scenarios. And, if they can pass them, i think they have learned their class by then. So no point making legendary through LFR as "lolwut?"

Deleted
    everyone pays the subscription, so everyone should be able to get the cloak (even through LFR). money talks and who cares for some fringe groups that want that legendary only for HC content so they can brag harder

Artifact > legendary. I don't recall ever seeing one in game.

IT DOES NOT HARM ME THAT PEOPLE CAN GET A LEGENDARY CLOAK VIA LFR. I rand normal and (eventually) heroic modes, and it's just fine. Why are people so shaken, so harmed, so violated by people getting epics and legendary items? I will probably never understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Minax View Post
    everyone pays the subscription, so everyone should be able to get the cloak (even through LFR). money talks and who cares for some fringe groups that want that legendary only for HC content so they can brag harder
    No

That's like saying everyone should be able to make over a million dollars. That's not how the world works

You do realize most people didn't brag about getting a legendary right?
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Artifact > legendary. I don't recall ever seeing one in game.

IT DOES NOT HARM ME THAT PEOPLE CAN GET A LEGENDARY CLOAK VIA LFR. I rand normal and (eventually) heroic modes, and it's just fine. Why are people so shaken, so harmed, so violated by people getting epics and legendary items? I will probably never understand that.
    It irritates them that something that they deem private for them has become public And, these ppl haz loads free time as well well for their grumpiness :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    No

That's like saying everyone should be able to make over a million dollars. That's not how the world works

I don't recall any ppl since cata bragging about legendaries. Why would they? its not like they did something extraordinary and thus got rewarded. its just that for every legendary it tells u that the wearer is blessed by RNG Gods, thats all. Their is no bragging right in this game unless u r top ranked in the world. in that case u would have a bragging right.

They've made it that if you get a legendary it's because you have more spare time than others (even if it doesn't take much to begin with). Why not reduce the time it takes but also have an event that must be completed in order to get the item? Hexos, Green fire etc type stuff, but harder and with a scaled down item level. It's LEG-EN-DA-RY, why should it be easy to get? Why not just call it epic? It shouldn't be just about time or luck, there should be an element of skill involved. In the past, that element of skill was actually killing the bosses to get the items, or looting it from the final boss of the tier (low drop chance though), now there is literally nothing due to being able to do it on LFR (Hell, shouldn't even be available on normal imo, heroic only (and for the record, the cloak is the first legendary i've ever laid eyes on, and it's also one of the items i've given the least amount of shit about)).

Idk, I just feel like it's just gonna be another boring grind that I have to do in order to remain competitive, rather than something that i 'can' do that will boost my performance a lot, but it won't be something that i'll be able to just casually get - Not everyone should be able to get it, and having it should mean that you're a skilled player.

Sometimes when reading threads on this forum I fill with joy when I remember that Blizzard actually runs things and decides things and the players do not

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    I don't recall any ppl since cata bragging about legendaries. Why would they? its not like they did something extraordinary and thus got rewarded. its just that for every legendary it tells u that the wearer is blessed by RNG Gods, thats all. Their is no bragging right in this game unless u r top ranked in the world. in that case u would have a bragging right.
    and I quote

Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    "Exactly lol. The guy will probably respond with "well you could just get warglaives if you killed Illidan" or something, ignoring the fact that going through Kara, Gruul's Lair, Tempest Keep, SSC, and then through Black Temple, all the way to Illidan was about 10 times more difficult then the current legendary. His bullshit detector is at max level every time he logs in and posts lol."
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    No

Yes actually it is. Everyone on this planet can and should make over a million dollars. They just have to put in the effort to get there. Same as putting in the effort to get a legendary.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Yes actually it is. Everyone on this planet can and should make over a million dollars. They just have to put in the effort to get there. Same as putting in the effort to get a legendary.
    Someone's gotta do them dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Sounds like some butthurt sillies are mad I got a cloak from LFR. I earned it fair and square with the system available. Why would I want to lose that system? Why should someone else get something I don't? They aren't better players than me. They already have heaps of gear I won't get from heroic modes. Heroic modes should just drop transmog gear anyway so they can pat themselves on the back. The current system works great for casual players to slowly work at over the course of an expansion. I just don't see why so-called 'hardcore raiders' should get legendaries and nobody else. They just spend a lot of time beating content that gets easier and easier every week with more gear until they get it done then act like it's a great accomplishment. Not saying they shouldn't get legendaries, just that everyone should get them if they work at them the same amount of time.

Stop being so mad badcore raiders. I got my cloak and if you don't like it, I don't care. It's going to happen again so get used to it babbies.
    I bet they prolly are. they get that shitton of heroic gear for being better than you and killing heroic bosses.
    do what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Shrug. I kind of prefer this method of legendary. Previous ones were shitty in that you were or weren't eligible to go for one on something as arbitrary as what class you chose to roll. I mean it worked great for the Rogue legendary in that you got a super cool rogue themed quest chain, but I think they can provide that sort of content without having to give out an OP legendary at the end, like they did with the Warlock green fire chain.

Not that the rogue legendary was OP, they were actually not that great.

This is nonsense really, every single legendary has been completeable in NM so it's never been based on difficulty. They're just a grind/RNG and little more.
    That's a lie. Valanyr. Goodbye. And because you can do it on normal mode you should be able to do it in LFR which you just needed to be breathing to do? Sorry no.