Page 1 of 3
LastLast

fury's crit soft cap?

to achieve 100% crit for bloodthirst on raid boss, do we need 51.5% buffed or 53% buffed crit ?

I know you dont need to get to that point, but I'm just asking the question
    Last edited by skrhaha; 2013-10-04 at 09:01 PM.

well its my understanding we dont need anywhere near that. But for just a questions sake i have no idea.lol sorry.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Deleted
    I believe it's around 52.4%...

It is 51.5% IIRC since bosses have 3% crit supression. So that would be 51.5% raid buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zougail View Post
    It is 51.5% IIRC since bosses have 3% crit supression. So that would be 51.5% raid buffed.
    Crit suppression goes before the crit multiplier so you need 53% crit to get 100% BT crit rate.

I took off my Heroic TF feathers for my H gaze of twins and saw good results this week .

How much crit = + 1% crit chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    I took off my Heroic TF feathers for my H gaze of twins and saw good results this week .

How much crit = + 1% crit chance?
    600 crit raiting

So I need another 4200 crit. A H WF Sha sword would help. And a new helm. Hmm. Malkorok dog tags and some H WF off piece replacements

if anyone can get a set of 46.5% unbuff and ask for a 5% buff, please do some test...

Deleted
    You don't want 100% crit chance on BT, mastery overtakes crit at around ~39% crit, atleast it did with Gaze of Twins.

EDIT: Unless I am missing something, maybe RB buff have changed things around?

I have around 38% crit and crit rolls closer to 6 points, while mastery still keeps under strength (arnound justa bit under 5). I even tried simming with double garrosh axes and that actually pulled my crit over 6, strengtht to 5 and mastery still under strength. So I don't know, maybe it needs to be way more than 39% without Gaze of Twins, but over 40% It should turn around no doubt.

I am going to run 47,13% Crit buffed tonight in the farm raid and see how it performs so far been doing some nice DPS, compared to last tier (But that can be cause of RB buff also).

Deleted
    Especialy the amp trinket puts crit a lot higher than before, so most likely crit will be our best stat, even in BiS gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the nerf to RPPM, Gaze of the Twins took a big hit. If you look at your world of logs, I supsect you will be very disappointed with the uptime. Crit remains our best stat from here out.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    With the nerf to RPPM, Gaze of the Twins took a big hit. If you look at your world of logs, I supsect you will be very disappointed with the uptime. Crit remains our best stat from here out.
    I'm still seeing a 30% uptime on Gaze. So it can't be that horrible. Not saying it's amazing right now, but it's above feather for me right now (still waiting on cdr + amp trink D: )

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I'm still seeing a 30% uptime on Gaze.
    and how often was it more than 1 stack?! never!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    and how often was it more than 1 stack?! never!!!
    I dunno tbh, but i'm not gonna keep it for very long anyways so it's kinda irrelevant to me ^_^

Deleted
    If you handle Berserker Rage properly, you should aim for a slightly lower value than the soft cap.

Crit depression for Melee Special attacks is 4.8%, this was tested ad-nauseum in Wrath of the Lich King Beta. You would need 104.8% actual crit rate, which would put the crit chance at 52.4% for BT. This is 47.4% unbuffed. This is certainly obtainable in close to BIS gear (and possibly unoptimal gemming)

It has yet to be confirmed very thoroughly, though, how the double-crit chance of BT interacts with the soft cap. It may calculate the depression first, then double that chance. Say, if you had 52.4% crit, it would actually be 47.6%, and your actual would be 95.2% with BT.

It would be very easy to confirm this, assuming you could get the presumed soft crit cap of 47.4% unbuffed, get the crit buff, and hit a raiding dummy with BT about 1000 times to see if you get a non-crit. If depression happened before the doubling, then you should see about 48 non-crits, where you'd have an astronomically small chance to get none. If depression happens after doubling, you should get 0 non-crits.

You wouldn't want to get to the soft cap, though as someone else said, where you would start to mix in mastery gems in a prescribed ratio, since your enrage uptime would be close enough to 1 (with use of BZR) such that mastery would provide higher DPS gains. But, this also depends on your current crit chance and mastery%. Thok's Tail Tip, however, messes with this assumption a bit to where going for the soft cap makes sense, but again, this is based on the difference between your current crit chance and mastery%.

Teach a man to fish, instead of giving them the fish.
    Last edited by Landsoul; 2013-10-04 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    Crit depression for Melee Special attacks is 4.8%, this was tested ad-nauseum in Wrath of the Lich King Beta. You would need 104.8% actual crit rate, which would put the crit chance at 52.4% for BT. This is 47.4% unbuffed. This is certainly obtainable in close to BIS gear (and possibly unoptimal gemming)

It has yet to be confirmed very thoroughly, though, how the double-crit chance of BT interacts with the soft cap. It may calculate the depression first, then double that chance. Say, if you had 52.4% crit, it would actually be 47.6%, and your actual would be 95.2% with BT.
    Most of this was changed in mists and confirmed by devs during the beta

They changed crit supression in MoP reduced to 1% per level above you
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...alysis/#post97
    and that crit supression goes before the modifer
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ysis/#post3703
    Last edited by Requiel; 2013-10-04 at 11:24 PM.