Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    That would be a steep damage increase from normal because other than Korven none of them deal much tank damage on 10m

Yeh idk, maybe you're talking about heroic but Paragons tank damage wasn't even a thing other than when the dude shield bashes/cleaves you. I thought the highest tank damage encounter without a doubt was Iron Juggernaut, both normal and heroic (this is 10m pov).

That's only based on the magic damage application of things, and if people aren't using a cd or so when taking a mine (DS ftw). Garrosh seems to have the highest tank damage as far as 10m is concerned I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The encounter that changed me to avoidance completely was when we did Heroic Spoils several weeks ago and we weren't consistently finishing our sides, or when we did it was with only a few seconds left. I dropped a bunch of haste and mastery, and went full avoidance and haven't looked back. The difference between my DPS before and after the change was well over 40k.
    yeah, an avoidance build will help much more on a multitarget fight than a regular solo fight. diseases can crit and haste does nothing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    Yeh idk, maybe you're talking about heroic but Paragons tank damage wasn't even a thing other than when the dude shield bashes/cleaves you. I thought the highest tank damage encounter without a doubt was Iron Juggernaut, both normal and heroic (this is 10m pov).
    I'm only starting 3rd wing for now but I agree with you that Juggernaut dmg is crazy especially if it's the tanks that take all the bomb (or at least 2 of 3). Found out Conversion is amazing for this fight tho.

death siphon works well for juggernaut as well since you can use it while you are falling. just need to pool death runes for it, which you should have if you were tanking the boss prior to going and grabbing the mines. even if you are not tanking you should get your death runes asap just for that reason. 1st bomb should eat through your blood shield (i think it is physical dmg, might want to check on that). then siphon as you fall down. works on reg, not sure about heroic. just mentioning that there are options.

I guess this should have gone into a strat section, since it seems like a derail from OP, sorry. Parry is huge. Dodge really doesn't seem that great to try to balance dodge/parry, if your gear has it, don't reforge out of it since it does go towards riposte, but the 5.4 stats seem to be hit/exp 7.5% > parry > mastery > all other stats (to some extent). just depends on playstyle
    Last edited by Chipskunk; 2013-11-08 at 05:12 PM.