Awkward Trinket Choice

Sorry to create yet another "Help me with my trinkets" thread but didn't want to hijack someone elses, and I'm really struggling to decide what to choose. For reference my main spec if Fire.

Currently I have available to me:
    1. Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance
    2. Breath of the Hydra
    3. Kardris' Toxic Totem
    4. Frenzied Crystal of Rage

I'm discounting #4 for everything except heavy cleave fights.

Ideally I would also get Purified Bindings of Immerseus, and possibly Black Blood of Y'Shaarj.

Now, based I what I have right now, I've gone for using #1 and #3, since Cha-Ye's still gives me a tonne of crit, and Toxic gives me the nice proc (on boss fights it's contributing to roughly ~4% of my damage). But I'm still not convinced that's necessarily the right choice, so any advice based on what I have now would be useful.

While I'm at, assuming I get PBoS, I'm still confused as to what my 2nd trinket should be. Using anything other than Cha-Ye's would be a big crit loss, but I would guess I should aim for BBoY and reforge to crit? Or would toxic still be better?

He's an armory link if you have the time and want to look over my gear as whole
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Jonny/simple

Thank you kind peoples
    Last edited by jonny888; 2013-10-10 at 11:05 AM.

would be good if u informed us which versions of the trinkets u got and if they are upgraded

Right now use Cha-ye and Totem. When you get Bindings use it with Cha-ye and only replace Cha-ye with Black Blood. Not sure how Cleave trinket dose with fire but its only good for 2 fights, Galakras and Spoils, but even then i wouldn't think it would be worth dropping BB for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellyna View Post
    would be good if u informed us which versions of the trinkets u got and if they are upgraded
    He has normal everything except Breath which is listed as HC version, although not stating if upgraded that would not matter as you take all as a base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    He has normal everything except Breath which is listed as HC version, although not stating if upgraded that would not matter as you take all as a base.
    Yeah, the versions I linked are the versions I have. And everything is upgraded. Couldn't find a way to get wowdb to link the 2/2 upgrades

i would seriously think of breath instead of cha ye because of the bigger intel proc and the fact that haste is proven to be pretty good stat for fire. u will ofc reforge haste to crit

Deleted
    I would use Totem and Breath, but Breath is almost on par with Cha-Ye.

And then swap Breath with Bindings or Blood. 14% * 33% dmg = 4,62% dmg from Totem > 3,9% haste from Breath and the int proc of the totem grants more int on average than Breath.

If you get both, use Bindings + Blood.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2013-10-10 at 01:59 PM.

"Vykina, do you have a list of best trink comb's ? Like from BiS > Worst"

Purified bindings of immerseus > Black Blood > Toxic totem > Frenzied Crystal of rage ( the crystal is barely good at spoils)

--------------------

Seems clear? And by the way, you'd want to use Toxic & Breath. All secondary stats are almost the same at the moment at decent ilevels. So Breath will win (as stated before) because of the bigger intellect proc on it.

Hmm. Some good food for thought. For now I think I'll go with Toxic and Breath. Hopefully having just got four set I won't notice the crit loss too much anyway.

Thanks guys! x

I was in a similar predicament, except on top of TF Cha-ye's and N Totem, I also had H Wushoolay's. I switched the Wushoolay's for the Totem and am probably keeping Cha-ye's until Black Blood, assuming I can switch out the totem for the Bindings.

Bare in mind Vyk will be talking HEROIC trinkets only not the disparity between lfr/flex/normal/hc

So if you can get one of the lower prio's in heroic it will more than likely surpass a trinket apparently above it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.