Want to improve your DPS as a 10 man blood dk???

For starters here's my toon for whenever I reference my gear, info: Spoonybard @ US-Azuremyst. http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/196640/

What I focus on: not just doing more dps solely, but also making sure you're not getting wrecked on every fight.

If you would like to me to help you increase your dps here's what I'll need:

Toon's name & server, so I can see current gear setup.
    Logs of at least two weeks of information, so I can see damage flow on you and see how different gemming/reforging would work and also what you're currently priortizing.
    Raid comp, so I can see what externals could be used on you and what your other tank is.
    Current level of raiding content, this drastically effects what kind of gearing you're going to shoot for.
    Also for you to be knowledgable out the class/spec as whole so when I'm referencing things it will expedite the process. Tyvi does an excellent job already if you haven't caught up on his guide to this tier: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t130560-...e_before_cool/

You can also PM on my server for more info and I'll add ya to realID!!! Not going to post Btag here for obvious reasons. =]

Now I'm definitely not the best at this, but I do pretty well for myself in my raids and on WoL so just throwing this out to the community to see if people are interested. Only really focusing on 10 man tanks since it's really all I'm physically experienced with. You can definitely hit up the dk chat #Archerus: http://sonofalich.com/?p=1257 if you have lingering thoughts/questions about our class as whole.

There's also still a lot of debate with what stat priorities are and etc since sims are still not updated for current content. I'm going off what works for me and I've seen work for others, which is what I'm currently basing my stat weights off of.

Hello SpoonyBard,
    I'm a Blood DK in a 10 man guild currently with 2 10 man teams. I'm the MT of team 2, and we'll be doing spoils+thok this week. I've been looking at pure survivability for a while now, but would like to go more of a damage based build.
    I'm currently unable to post links, so you can find me at kiblercookie from the steamwheedle cartel server US.
    I'm really looking for a 2nd trinket, I've had that trinket since ToT, and have not received a new trinket since. I would prefer to get vial tonight when we do Malk, but it's unlikely.

I've been doing a lot of adjustments on robot, and came up with a much more parry-centric build, which would overall increase my parry by about 8%, and would take me down to 150% mastery, which I hear is a much better location to be when fully raid buffed. I have so much gear with expertise, that basically anything in raid would be an upgrade if it doesn't have expertise on it, but I was wondering what I could do to help myself besides go heavy into parry gems.
    I can't post logs again so here is a snippet you can apply to the logs website to see some of our logs from 1 night.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4gzatlufa7lt0v2t/
    Here are some logs from a little bit ago with a bit less gear, but similar build. Any help would be appreciated. Our pally OT has a lot of trouble with dps, and we're working with him, so anything I can do to help push more damage out would be appreciated.

Deleted
    So many threads on this at the moment... please don't post new threads with exactly the same topic just for the sake of it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nting-more-DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    So many threads on this at the moment... please don't post new threads with exactly the same topic just for the sake of it.
    This isn't exactly the same as many of the others, though. Most of the threads are asking for help, this one is offering it.

And any help at this point would be appreciated. I'm working with our paladin to bring up his dps, he's very conservative, and has threat issues, and once he's stable I can go all out with damage builds while also retaining survivability. I've changed over to a parry heavy build, and will be looking for better trinkets. We'll see how this goes this week on Thok.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisppo View Post
    This isn't exactly the same as many of the others, though. Most of the threads are asking for help, this one is offering it.
    ^^ this mainly. Trying to collect all the blood dks in one place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiblermission View Post
    And any help at this point would be appreciated. I'm working with our paladin to bring up his dps, he's very conservative, and has threat issues, and once he's stable I can go all out with damage builds while also retaining survivability. I've changed over to a parry heavy build, and will be looking for better trinkets. We'll see how this goes this week on Thok.
    I'll start to work on it this afternoon!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Kibler,

Going to focus more on playstyle since you were wondering what else other than just straight parry gems:
    One thing I would start out by trying is the DPS cloak if you can shoot for another 7k. It's about 7-7.5% of my damage on ST and on the upwards of 15% for any aoe fight. The proc for the tanking one is nice, but I really haven't found myself using it all that often since we already have purgatory.
    Another thing would be working towards keep your riposte up more, your uptimes aren't low, but they could improve.
    Also work at getting more DRWs as dps cds more. Whenever DRW is about to come off CD I start to save RP and then DRW, Outbreak (for double disease dip), and rune dump.
    AMS more often on fights as well, it's a great RP generator and can be used on a majority of fights to gain RP (unless you're using it to avoid some other mechanic, ex: immerseus/thok).
    Finally just don't forget that horn of winter is a great RP generator as well during downtime.

Other than that your priorities are in the right place!!! Good luck!!! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi, long time since I played a DK but I just dinged 90 and geared my DK back up to 502 this week. I think you can probably post some generalized play style information for players like me so we can toy with these methods a bit, especially in a low damage environment like LFR where it would be extremely feasible. You're talking about straight parry gems, but I thought I read that strength gives even more than straight parry, is that the case or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    We actually have a "fix my dps" thread right here, which can be applied to tanks: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Fix-My-DK-DPS

What would be great, OP, is if you could contribute your knowledge in that thread