Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I about flipped a table when they made up Tauren Paladins. IMO there's only one playable race right now that would make sense to add Paladins, and that's Trolls, since the Zandalari have them (or had, they were the first to rebel against Hakkar). Could maybe get away with adding them to Night Elves if High Elves became a subrace and it was too much trouble to have different classes in the subrace from the main race, Helf Druids would be kind of weird though.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Why do people hate paladin lore so much they want it destroyed?
    E.g. people who want forsaken/goblin/gnome paladins.
    Goblins and Gnomes would be bullshit, 'cause there's absolutely no coherence. But: Forsaken are dead humans who preserved their free will, so they are able to choose whatever path they want. Light or dark. And even though wielding or getting in touch with the light causes them severe pain, they should - at least in theory - still be able to ask for it's help and use it. And in my opinion, it would be a lovely antithesis to the whole Forsaken background if there were some righteous ones who decided to not follow Silvana's grim plans but instead cling to the light.

Why do people hate paladin lore so much they want it destroyed?
    E.g. people who want forsaken/goblin/gnome paladins.
    I could care less about lore when it comes to race / class combinations. I suspect a lot of people are the same. They want to play their favourite race and favourite class.

Ranged dps style would be fun and different imo, but I think Paladins are fine the way they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    I about flipped a table when they made up Tauren Paladins.
    In fairness I enjoyed the Sunwalker quests/lore/whatever.

That said, I would rather not see too many races for paladins, just like druids, it does feel like somewhat of a "prestige" class (compared to warriors and mages, for instance) when restricted to relatively few race options, especially for Horde.

removal of the holy power stuff, and make us like 3.0 op rets again :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    I could care less about lore when it comes to race / class combinations. I suspect a lot of people are the same. They want to play their favourite race and favourite class.
    Yes lets kill the lore because you dont care about it. Paladins have been one of the most played class since classic release. Not because they were OP. It was the lore of the class.

I cant stand people asking for that lore to get bucthered so they can play gnome paladins "gigle gigle" or forsaken paladins "soo ironic lolol". Fuck gnomes fuck forsaken.

i agree ^

tauren paladins are pushing it man thats fine taurens ok they are cool but orcs? no fuck no and trolls or goblins just fuck no and undead is dumb too just doesnt make sense

should of been kept alliance only

I would like to see more usage of our holy power resource. For example, a big HP finisher.

30 HP requirement. Unique to spec. HP may be stored in lots of 3 until 30 is reached (think of a stacking buff). Undispelable.

Finishers.

Holy - Channels are large beam of light that heals all within for 5% max health per sec, receive a 10% buff to dmg and mana regen. Whilst channeling the holy paladin takes 50% less damage, immune to cc, and cannot move or use any other abilities. Lasts 10sec. 40 yard range.

(Think of paladin pulling out a giant libram, calling down a massive beam of holy light!)

Ret - For the next 10sec, the paladin gains a retribution buff. All damage received by party/raid members within 30yards of the paladin will cause this buff to grow. After the initial 10sec, the buff is unleashed. Causing the paladin to gain a dmg buff equal to the amount of dmg received by party/raid over that 10secs. (needs to have a dmg cap limit of course!) Unleashed buff lasts 15sec and the paladin gains a 20% movement speed bonus.

(Think big, red, glowing paladin.)

Prot - For the next 10sec, all dmg received by party/raid members within 20 yards will be redirected to the paladin. The paladin receives an 80% dmg reduction during this time and cannot bubble.

(Think raid wide HoS/old skool divine intervention)

Obviously you would need mechanics in there to stop pre stacking of HP before fights etc.

I want Inquisition removed, or changed into something which alters gameplay in some interesting way, but have it be optional/situational. Like you would want it at moment X, but perhaps not moment Y, whatever those might be. Switching up the gameplay a bit should be the aim. Someone mentioned doing holy damage earlier, that could be a thing that the class should do more of.

No new Paladin races unless the lore is awesome. If we're gonna get a new Horde race (which i'd like, although my cow has grown on me) then i want it to be perfect for Paladins, not just another yolo hurr durr lore race.

I really miss consecrate, give back. Can replace GOAK and Inq with it. I wouldn't miss Blinding Light either if they're serious about cutting back the number of buttons everyone has across the board

I've not been a Holy Pally since Naxx25 so i can't comment on that, but i'm otherwise reasonably happy with Ret. The whole Prot haste thing is stupid, but with the WoD stat changes it'll be fine. It's just a bit dumb now when so much actual tanking gear isn't that great. I guess the DK and Warrior tanks aren't complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malinka View Post
    removal of the holy power stuff, and make us like 3.0 op rets again :P

NO! i dont want to be compared to a warrior by being completely faceroll, personally i find it much more enjoyable to do hard pvp stuff as ret than a warrior, it looks much more impressive since ret are utter garbage in pvp and proabably one of the hardest classes to do right now, you dont see many rets in arenas these days, i want rets to be buffed, they cant stay this way, but i dont want to become a class that needs no macros, no binds and no skill.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want all "combopoints" to regen out of combat. the classic combo points, holy power, shadow orbs and what else there is out there. say you gain 100% of "combopoints" over a minute when out of combat. so when three is your max, you gain 1 every 20 seconds, when 5 is your max you gain 1 every 12 seconds and so on. and of course, only out of combat.

Yes lets kill the lore because you dont care about it.
    Let's keep it sacred because you do?

That notions works both ways. They're different opinions. Chill out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    I suspect a lot of people are the same. They want to play their favourite race and favourite class.
    Not me. I don't like it if every race could be every class, not in Warcraft. Class/race combinations are supposed to have their own identities, not just paladins, but for all classes. Gnome warriors don't make a lot of sense, although technically anyone can be a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Goblins and Gnomes would be bullshit, 'cause there's absolutely no coherence. But: Forsaken are dead humans who preserved their free will, so they are able to choose whatever path they want. Light or dark. And even though wielding or getting in touch with the light causes them severe pain, they should - at least in theory - still be able to ask for it's help and use it. And in my opinion, it would be a lovely antithesis to the whole Forsaken background if there were some righteous ones who decided to not follow Silvana's grim plans but instead cling to the light.
    The difference is that Priests use the Light and the powers that come with it. That's why they experience excruciating pain when casting any kind of holy magic.

Paladins are actual vessels of the Light. So if a Forsaken Paladin were to actually happen, they'd exist for a very brief period of time until the power within incinerated them from the inside out.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    TV actually packing a punch, feels so weak atm for a finisher move. Also I do not agree with the lvl 90 talent making TV do better damage, its suppose to do good damage already. TV is nothing like chaos bolt or any other iconic spell in terms of damage.

Also one of our ranged spells doing more damage than what it does (Exorcism maybe, since it is on a longer CD?). I think inquision is so pointless, so remove that as there is zero fun with that ability.

Based on numbers at http://holybouch.com/2014/01/02/shoc...axing-the-min/, I'd say if we're going to be given DPS options as Holy that I'd actually like a worthwhile option to spend HoPo on DPS (harsh words only resulted in a .05% increase over straight spamming HS and Denounce) and more damage abilities than just HS and Denounce.

Now I'm pondering Holy getting a mastery like Sub rogues where HoPo users are boosted. Would work fine on both damage and healing. Then again, I expect they'll want to keep us being able to do some limited form of absorbs outside of SS, so maybe not.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2014-01-08 at 04:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Now I'm pondering Holy getting a mastery like Sub rogues where HoPo users are boosted. Would work fine on both damage and healing. Then again, I expect they'll want to keep us being able to do some limited form of absorbs outside of SS, so maybe not.
    That is the mastery I suggested many, many times, with a flat 25% (give or take 5%) Illuminated Healing. Then, of course, since the HP finishers are boosted, the absorbs from them would be as well. Of course we'd need to find another mastery for Disc as well in that case.

My belief is that it's not "absorbs" that are the problem, it's both healing increasing (from general gearing) and absorb % increasing which makes absorbs dominant completely over healing. For example, in Tier 14, perhaps we saw 30% Mastery which means ~23% of our overall pre-OH throughput is absorbs (so more in practice).

Now, we're looking at 50%+ mastery which means 33%+ overall throughput is absorbs (again, more in reality... a lot more).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Give us another horde race. I am really sick of bloodelf melee animations and taurens are just... too big. =/
    I vote troll, given the Zandalari NPCs we saw in Throne of Thunder.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateJayWilson View Post
    i agree ^

tauren paladins are pushing it man thats fine taurens ok they are cool but orcs? no fuck no and trolls or goblins just fuck no and undead is dumb too just doesnt make sense

should of been kept alliance only
    Yes horde can keep their crappy shamans!