Thread: Burnt out? :c

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Burnt out? :c

I really love WoW, Don't get me wrong. I really appreciate Blizzard and I'm not a fanboy nor do I hate Blizzard. I've always thought people were crazy for saying they were bored with the game, or burnt out. I've never felt this way in the years I've played the game. I quit my raid team/guild and joined a different guild with my friend on a low pop server and we aren't raiding there. We almost killed Garrosh with my raiding guild, but I was sick of them and couldn't bare them anymore. I've always pve'd since I joined the game, I've leveled 14 90s, rogue at 85 and paladin at 69 though (never got them to 90, or ever at max level during the correct expac.) Is this really what burnt out feels like? o_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    I really love WoW, Don't get me wrong. I really appreciate Blizzard and I'm not a fanboy nor do I hate Blizzard. I've always thought people were crazy for saying they were bored with the game, or burnt out. I've never felt this way in the years I've played the game. I quit my raid team/guild and joined a different guild with my friend on a low pop server and we aren't raiding there. We almost killed Garrosh with my raiding guild, but I was sick of them and couldn't bare them anymore. I've always pve'd since I joined the game, I've leveled 14 90s, rogue at 85 and paladin at 69 though (never got them to 90, or ever at max level during the correct expac.) Is this really what burnt out feels like? o_o
    Yes..........yes it is, I am reaching that point as well, I could care less if I raid this tier and find myself logging on for maybe 20 minutes at most here and there.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Yes..........yes it is, I am reaching that point as well, I could care less if I raid this tier and find myself logging on for maybe 20 minutes at most here and there.
    Yeah, most of my time online consists of flying in circles in the vale.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even do that, I login see an empty guild, say screw it and log off
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played from the end of Vanilla to the end of Wrath. Never raided much but I enjoyed the game. Since then I only come back for major patches. And then only for a month or two. I'm enjoying SoO for now (lfr) but next week I'll clear that and probably not want to go back. I moved servers in an attempt to find a better community but we'll see how that goes. Once you're burned out on the game its hard to get out of it. I still enjoy playing every now and then but I'll probably never sub full time again.

I quit my raid team/guild and joined a different guild with my friend on a low pop server and we aren't raiding there. We almost killed Garrosh with my raiding guild, but I was sick of them and couldn't bare them anymore. I've always pve'd since I joined the game,
    This right here explains why you're burnt out to me. WoW is always better when you enjoy the people you play it with. That's part of the reason there's so much hate for LFR and LFD in this game. I, personally, would much rather sit around doing nothing but chatting with the WoW friends and guildies that I enjoy, than spend 10 minutes raiding with people I can't stand. Whenever I've had a lot of WoW friends leave the game, I've gotten burnt out as well.

The way I see it, you have 2 choices that might result in more enjoyment for you:

1. Try to make new WoW friends. Either switch servers, switch guilds, do whatever you have to do to find a decent person (there doesn't seem to be many anymore).

2. Quit the game. If you aren't going to enjoy it, then don't torture yourself. You don't owe your loyalty to the game. Do what makes you happy. If it isn't WoW, you have no reason to waste your time or money on it. Come back someday in the future if you need.

Deleted
    You need a break from game or raiding guild.

If what you enjoy doing is PVE raiding then Playing on a low pop server in a guild that doesn't raid is going to be a problem. If I left my raiding guild with all the people i've been playing with i'd have very little to do.

I'm starting to get a bit bored outside of raids at the moment because i've finished a lot of the things i've been working on such as Brawlers guild and archaeology achieves. There are still a few achieves and a few mounts I can solo farm (Alysrazor, Invincible, zg mounts etc) and there's 2 more pets to buy from the Celestial tournament. That's about it.

I suppose theres the timeless isle but I find that place kind of boring as it mostly just seems to be running around in circles farming rare mobs for pets that mostly die before you ever reach them.

Think i'm ready for a new xpac as soon as my guild kills heroic Garrosh.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-10-13 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my opinion on the subject, I have been playing forever & there are times were I'm hyped to play & do it for hours than others i'm on for 15 mins sit in Shrine or Fly around maybe do some Dailies, mostly Tillers than log off. Mostly of time I am bored & don't log on until Raid or Guild Events stuff.

But something keeps pulling me back no matter how bored or burnt out I get I keep renewing sub & keep logging in, I personally think that every other MMO is bland & trash. It's like I'm getting bored with MMOs in general, but than I look at WoW & say to myself your the only good MMO out there. But you still suck sometimes, but your still better than the rest so I will just continue playing you.

It's like a Love / Hate Relationship, I may hate what WoW is becoming or has become, but when I look at other MMOs, I think to myself why do all these other MMOs suck so much & not doing better than WoW & WoW isn't even as great as it use to be, but it still better than the rest. It honestly boggles my mind, the amount of problems WoW has & the many things I & others hate about it, but when I look or think about other MMOs. The problems WoW has don't even seem as bad anymore & maybe the reason why I keep playing it.

But I still want a new MMO to play. Like FF14 the only decent New MMO that actually is pretty dam good, I like it, But I just can't get into it. I got friends & all, but just can't enjoy it the way I want too.

Doesn't anyone else feel this way, you kinda wanna leave WoW & start fresh in a new MMO as you really want that new home & just need something different, but when you look at other MMOs (FF14 Excluded) they just look so dam boring & horrible that you eventually just stick with WoW anyway, even though you don't want too because their is no other good selection out there, you have no where to go.

I'm putting alot of faith into Wildstar without overhyping myself, but I have that weird feeling it gunna be the same outcome. I'm gunna go back to WoW even if I don't want too.

/end rant

Edit: The game just needs to be exciting & challenging again, know there always something new you can everyday, The whole casualization has ruined the game for me personally I have no motivation to go get something as it can be easily achieved or people whined that they want what I have & I worked my ass off for it & they got it handed to them , that community of whiners destroyed this once great game.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-10-13 at 05:40 AM.

This is the first tier that I've completely skipped since I started WoW in 2006.

I look back at a year ago and think omg i had so much fucking fun. I miss my old guild (2 guilds ago) I've actually reconnected with a few of them... just to find them log off for months at a time. If other people didn't get so burnt, then maybe I wouldn't. D:

Cata burned me out horribly and I quit a couple months after killing heroic Deathwing and just resubbed a month ago. While I don't feel as burned out anymore I also am not as excited about the game. I've found plenty to do since I am an achievement nerd and have tons of those to catch up on but not sure if I will try hardcore raiding again anytime soon. I loved it at the time but I'm afraid of getting burnt out again and I am going to be so busy IRL after the winter. Not sure I'll catch up on gear in time either. Maybe take a break and see how you feel after.

This happened to me halfway through Wotlk when I was in a top 100 EU guild and it disbanded, it took a good 8-10 months before I logged in again, I was totally burnt out from days upon days of endless playing, grinding and high end raiding for years on end.

Now I play pretty casually, I don't think I could ever go back to high end raiding, possibly a guild raiding normal once or twice a week, I'm not sure, you might just need to take a break, a decent break, then come back and take things a bit slower.

I miss the high end raiding, quite a lot at times actually, when you were once the best geared warrior on a server and battlegroup, getting constant whispers about advice from level 1's and so on, it's a sucker punch dropping all the way down to averagely or even under geared, but I know I can't go through with 5-6+ hours that HAVE to be done EVERY night, when now I can log on when I want to and log off when I want to.

Even now, only one of my friends actually plays anymore, I'd certainly be having more fun if some of my friends came back into the game, that would be a game changer for sure, it's actually pretty hard to "meet" people in WoW to the degree of them being classed as a real friend, only happens with a few people out of the millions.

It sucks but, maybe the next expac will get you excited again? I'm hoping that will happen for me, although I am enjoying MoP.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-10-13 at 03:26 AM.

I experienced a lot more burnout in Cata than I did in Mists, and my guild environment was a big factor. We lost a lot of our good friends and core raiders in Dragon Soul, and it caused the rest of us to not enjoy the tier very much- we had to deal with worrying about finding new people, and we missed our friends.

In Mists, our raid team has been a lot more stable, and I really, really enjoy playing with my guild members. We're pretty active- there's usually a couple of us on at all times.

I think that guild and friend interaction, enjoyment, and activity is the biggest factor in Warcraft enjoyment and in preventing burnout. Everyone's going to experience it at one point or another, especially if you aren't very close with your group.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about getting that right mix of active friends be they real or online ones within an enviroment you enjoy. I quit heroic raiding after Cata because quite simply, I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Turns out it was the best decision as I've been enjoying raiding flex when I feel up to it, grinding reps, pet battling, farming mounts and some roleplaying too.

Sometimes taking a break is the answer, sometimes changing your routine with the game is the answer.
    Butts.

Well then, LF a guild, I guess.

You are lucky you are taking down Garrosh, I want to to do that raid but I don't want to leave my friends guild since I left almost all of Mist.
    But yeah, This is being burned out ..... altough I personally do achievements over and over, I find cool titles or mounts and just work for them as much as I can

This is what happens when you go from a realm and raid where you could do different things when you wanted to. Switching to some back water realm where nothing happens will suck the fun right out of the game. One of the reasons people on those servers have fun is they don't understand how far behind or how much easier it is doing things on other servers.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    I'm enjoying SoO for now (lfr) but next week I'll clear that and probably not want to go back.
    how will you clear lfr next week, the last wing doesnt open until the 22nd

Probably. Burnout has officially hit me with far less accomplished. My most progresssed character is 544. Left a very good flex group tonight after the first wing simply because I can't be bothered to do the rest. The 2 other 90's I have are just kind of bank mules, and 2 other toons (87 / 88) I pretty quickly start thinking 'what's the point' after about 30 min of playing them.

Dropping down to 1 day / week playtime, maybe that will help keep things entertaining.