Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Emerald Dream would be a lot of fun. A bizarre, verdant dream world that has an almost alien landscape. I would strongly prefer it to Outlands 2.0 or Northrend 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Rift looks horrible. Maybe it's just the lighting, but that looks like EQ2-quality graphics there.
    And yet still looks better than wow...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    And yet still looks better than wow...
    Pretty sure graphically what "looks good" is subjective. I've played games that came out around the same time as WoW originally (the original Guild Wars anyone?). Some of them look a lot more realistic (again, the original Guild Wars). Would I say they look better? No. WoW has a different stylistic tendency than other games - it followed along the vein of a zoomed in Warcraft 3 with more detail. It's stuck very well to that while improving with the times. It could use a modernization, sure, but the engine is ten years old based on an engine that's older still. It's held up amazingly well with the patches they've put on it to make it look better without forcing out players with low end machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Pretty sure graphically what "looks good" is subjective. I've played games that came out around the same time as WoW originally (the original Guild Wars anyone?). Some of them look a lot more realistic (again, the original Guild Wars). Would I say they look better? No. WoW has a different stylistic tendency than other games - it followed along the vein of a zoomed in Warcraft 3 with more detail. It's stuck very well to that while improving with the times. It could use a modernization, sure, but the engine is ten years old based on an engine that's older still. It's held up amazingly well with the patches they've put on it to make it look better without forcing out players with low end machines.
    So your saying wow looks better then rift? i love wow but that's just a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    So your saying wow looks better then rift? i love wow but that's just a joke.
    Honestly? I like the style of WoW better than that of Rift. I'm not a big fan of graphics trending to realistic in my MMOs.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be a super continent.

It would be the whole of Azeroth as it was from like a billion years ago.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    It wouldn't be a super continent.

It would be the whole of Azeroth as it was from like a billion years ago.
    The whole of Azeroth from long ago was a single giant super-continent (a continent previously made up of smaller continents).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The whole of Azeroth from long ago was a single giant super-continent (a continent previously made up of smaller continents).
    And it would include a lot of space we don't have - like most of the land mass currently occupied by the ocean between the four Azerothian continents.

Honestly? I like the style of WoW better than that of Rift. I'm not a big fan of graphics trending to realistic in my MMOs.
    Considering Rift doesn't "trend to realistic graphics" just proves you don't know what you're talking about

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering Rift doesn't "trend to realistic graphics" just proves you don't know what you're talking about
    I'd say it trends to realistic graphics in comparison to WoW. The art style is more like trying to imitate actual life than WoW's art style.

To be specific:
    This is a 'human' in Rift.
    These are humans in WoW.

There's a huge difference in art style; Rift trends more towards trying to look like an actual human than WoW does.
    Last edited by Travio; 2013-10-16 at 03:02 AM.

I'd say it trends to realistic graphics in comparison to WoW. The art style is more like trying to imitate actual life than WoW's art style.

To be specific:
    These are humans in WoW.

There's a huge difference in art style; Rift trends more towards trying to look like an actual human than WoW does.
    Are you still talking? i thought i ended you like 5 posts ago... /sigh

It looks more like a human because it has more then 2 pixels on the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it would include a lot of space we don't have - like most of the land mass currently occupied by the ocean between the four Azerothian continents.
    Totally.

In fact, any Dream expansion we do get I expect will have zones that make up that lost land, while the rest of the Dream geography that represents the lands of today will be cut off, perhaps behind Nightmare corruption. Just so you have entirely new, never before seen regions.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Emerald Dream would be a lot of fun. A bizarre, verdant dream world that has an almost alien landscape. I would strongly prefer it to Outlands 2.0 or Northrend 2.0

I certainly wouldn't mind the continent. What concerns me is if Blizz can make a passable story to it without needing to fall back to their standard of massive retcons.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not gonna happen, there's no reason to go there anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwierd View Post
    Same one there's always been - the Nightmare, the corruption of N'Zoth.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I really like this map for Ancient Kalimdor.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

Not true. We know the Nightmare still exists, it's referenced many times after the events of Stormrage. We also know that Ysera now considers the Emerald Dream to be the responsibility of mortals after losing her powers.

And then we also have all the Y'Shaarj and Old God quotes too.

Deleted
    But wouldnt the Dream also be a world before the Sundering? Meaning its all one giant continent? I'd like to see that imo, then Blizz can also finally give me a green dragon (NO proto-drake!)

Edit: And this is why I should read all posts before posting
    Last edited by mmoc96f861a4bd; 2013-10-16 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Learn to Read :o

Deleted
    Emerald dream is tainted by an old god, so it won't be like all nice and stuff, there will be lush zones, but also barren and destroyed ones.

- - - Updated - - -

That's where you are wrong. Nzoth is corrupting the emerald dream, and Nzoth will be the future villain we face - probably next expansion.
    Plus ghostcrawler said emerald dream & burning legion are part of the upcoming and real expansions they can do.

- - - Updated - - -

To be specific:
    These are humans in WoW.

Doesn't change the fact that rifts graphics are probably the worst I've ever seen. Plus wow is like ancient compared to rift.

Why would I want to be on a blue print instead of fighting other things?