Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Warlock stat priority is extremely confusing in Destro guide..

I'm no genius, but I'm not daft either, and reading the Destro warlock guide is extremely confusing when it comes to stat priority. There's like..8 different stat priorities for destro alone? Wut?

Ok, let me be brief: I'm destro using fel imp and the Grimoire of Supremacy 75 talent. WHAT is my stat priority? I'm new, and I don't have great gear (all 496 timeless gear) and I'm hit capped. So, as far as Mastery Crit and Haste goes, what's my priority?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    hit,mastery,crit,haste singel target or mastery,haste,crit for AOE and dont use imp

check out http://sparkuggz.com/5-4-destruction-guide/ maby you can find some more info...good luck

15+ Year Old Account
    How in the world do you figure that? Even the destro guide pinned doesn't say that lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is where confusion comes in, while I agree on the stat prio, isnt imp more effective on high movement/add fights where your observer uptime on the kill target is limited cause its a melee pet? Of course I could be wrong just looking for some clarification.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    How in the world do you figure that? Even the destro guide pinned doesn't say that lol.
    I think your confusion is coming from highly geared players that keep affliction as an OS, so they are aiming to keep at least the first Affliction haste break point and still maximize dps as destro.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

15+ Year Old Account
    So Destro doesn't use imp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the guides I have read show the Observer to be the "Top DPS" pet but as with all things destro in 5.4 you see claims that other pets based on fight mechanics would yield more. I dont think its a cut and dry answer anymore.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Imp with demon training does some pretty good damage, at least with higher end gear (ilvl 540). I haven't tested the numbers precisely, but just in terms of "wow those are some big numbers" I see the imp give me more of those vibes than the Observer, which is odd because I used to see shadow bite (and it's equivalent) crits for very large numbers.

I mostly use the imp for the heal and dispel regardless, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    So that sparkugg guide says that grimoire of sacrifice with a stat priority of int>hit 15%>mastery>crit=haste. Mastery is king and crit/haste are equal. Is this true? And if so, which pet should I be using with grimoire of sacrifice?

Learn what the secondary stats do and how the work with destro to help you understand why there are so many. There are tons and tons of discussion in brusalks guide post that can help you. Unfortunately its not as simple as saying "reforge to this stat and be done with it" They work together and react differently based on what kinda of content you're doing.

And even if someone tells you its X>Y>Z, it could very possibly be different for you based on your gear level and content you're currently doing. Instead of blindly listening to a guide, learn what each secondary does and use your common sense to adjust your stats to see what works and what doesn't.

But all that said mastery is king and the other 2 are a toss up for Siege fights
    Last edited by cryptic662; 2013-10-22 at 07:50 PM.

Class forums would be far more useful and engaging if every spec was like Destro...what a well-designed spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that sparkugg guide says that grimoire of sacrifice with a stat priority of int>hit 15%>mastery>crit=haste. Mastery is king and crit/haste are equal. Is this true? And if so, which pet should I be using with grimoire of sacrifice?
    This is what I have went to as my default set up. I've been chasing the rainbow for weeks now trying to figure out my optimal stat priority. I've pretty much quit playing aff so I'm not concerned about it's breakpoints, but hitting 9778 haste with mastery>haste=crit is pretty doable at 560+, just gotta be selective in your gear choices.

As for GoSac, I personally like the o-shit button you get with the vw.

Just go mastery > crit=haste and that's all you need. It's simple.

mastery > crit=haste will be fine, but mastery > haste > crit is more forgiving as dualspec, and higher on anything involving aoe, so this is what I do. Also as far as mobility goes, having to break a chaos bolt cast at 80% for mechanics etc is a extremely painful, so it is hard to give a true value to haste when you aren't just standing there spanking the boss, but it has perks.

Pet wise, fel imp for high mobility fights, most other things I use observer.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-10-22 at 10:25 PM.

That's correct, pet depends on what ability you might need. If you don't need any specific abilities then I would sac your voidwalker for shadow bulwark.

Destro has used the observer most of the expac.

What pet you use REALLY doesn't matter and don't let people get you sucked in to a 3 hour debate about which pet does more dmg when they've been normalized and it's like arguing which hunter pet does more.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What pet you use REALLY doesn't matter and don't let people get you sucked in to a 3 hour debate about which pet does more dmg when they've been normalized and it's like arguing which hunter pet does more.
    Observer>All. What

GrimSac> all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Class forums would be far more useful and engaging if every spec was like Destro...what a well-designed spec.
    I can only presume this is serious sarcasm cause Destro is the worst class in the game (from what ive played monk, dk, druid, lock, hunter) definitely out of the 3 lock specs it is the worst designed... for beginners... 1 dot, 1 filler, 1 Main spell, 1 execute... gg

Destruction can pretty much work with anything.
    Take whatever you can(loot wise) no cherry picking and you will be good.