general simcraft help

hi, i just have a few questions about using simcraft:
    • i don't see an option for simcraft to use my level 90 talents and when i look through the abilities used or even the talent listing at the top, it doesn't show my level 90 talent. how can i get it to use my level 90 talent for a more accurate sim?
    • how can i sim differences between talents?
    • my most recent sim suggested that haste>mastery in stat weight, but reforge plots suggested that -500haste / +500 mastery would be optimal. is it usually best to ignore stat weights and just follow reforge plots?
    thanks! :3

10+ Year Old Account
    - copy and paste the link to your talent profile in the "simulate" rider. Change any talents you want, copy the new url and insert instead.
    - using the method above, simply sim by using the new url for your talent/glyph profile and compare the results
    - your stat weights are a "snapshot" of your current gear stat values, they are not absolute. The reforge plots actually tell you what sweet spots to go for. If you check your stat weights again after adhering to those reforge plots they will likely have slightly changed.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    - copy and paste the link to your talent profile in the "simulate" rider. Change any talents you want, copy the new url and insert instead.
    - using the method above, simply sim by using the new url for your talent/glyph profile and compare the results
    - your stat weights are a "snapshot" of your current gear stat values, they are not absolute. The reforge plots actually tell you what sweet spots to go for. If you check your stat weights again after adhering to those reforge plots they will likely have slightly changed.
    i'm sorry, but i don't really understand what you mean. what exactly is my talent profile? what is the simulate "rider?" i tried importing my talent calculator page, but my level 90 talents were still not showing up in the sim so i'm probably doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    By "rider" I mean being in the "simulate" menu in Simcraft, which you see after importing your character from the armory. It contains all your character's data as well as rotation command lines for the sim.

At the top, it contains the url to your talent/glyph setup as it shows on the armory. If you copy and paste this url into your browser, you'll get into the calculator page and can simply change the setup. You then simply copy the new url (it changes every time you change a talent/glyph) and paste it over the old link in the Simulate page. It will then use that setup to sim.

If your lvl 90 talents are still not showing up (and you are in fact lvl 90?), then you must be experiencing some sort of bug. I would suggest going through the FAQ and the forum on simulationcraft.org to see if it's a known issue.