Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Not able to switch from 10 to 25man HC on LK

So, ive been doing this for a while. Clearing the whole instance up to LK in ICC in 10 man to make it quick, then i run out to switch to 25man HC. Now this reset it didnt work for me at all. Anyone else experienced this? it automatically sets it to 10 Man HC.

Deleted
    I was able to switch. Clear on 10 nh, except for the Lick King - go out - set to 25 nh - go in - set to 25 hc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrern View Post
    So, ive been doing this for a while. Clearing the whole instance up to LK in ICC in 10 man to make it quick, then i run out to switch to 25man HC. Now this reset it didnt work for me at all. Anyone else experienced this? it automatically sets it to 10 Man HC.
    its auto setting you to 10 heroic because you have killed bosses on 10 heroic. if you want to be able to swith to 25 heroic for lich king you need to kill everything else on 10 man normal

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to set it to 25 man, then zone in and convert to heroic. Not outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    its auto setting you to 10 heroic because you have killed bosses on 10 heroic. if you want to be able to swith to 25 heroic for lich king you need to kill everything else on 10 man normal
    He said he was running it on 10 man to speed up the clearing process, it seems unlikely he'd be doing it on heroic.

That said, if he is, he's screwed for this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last week it wasn't letting me switch to 25 either. tried outside, inside, in dalaran, etc but no where

Guys, its not like this is my first time :P I have tried switching to 25 man outside then go in to swtich. But when i go in it automatically sets me to 10HC. That is the problem. I've never had this problem before.

I cant even remember now if i did 10HC or not xD did it on wednesday, and gave up for 2 days and made this post.

Lockouts now seem to be locked to the original group size. If you killed a boss in one you will not be able to change it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, its not like this is my first time :P I have tried switching to 25 man outside then go in to swtich. But when i go in it automatically sets me to 10HC. That is the problem. I've never had this problem before.

I cant even remember now if i did 10HC or not xD did it on wednesday, and gave up for 2 days and made this post.
    If it sets you to 10 heroic it's because you've killed a boss on heroic and you've generated a heroic raid ID that is now fixed. You can only do heroic on one size, not alternate between them.

Yep OP this happened to me as well this week. The first week of patch I cleared all the way up to LK on 10 man Norm, switched to 25 man Heroic and got in killed lk fine. this week tried to go back in to kill LK and was met with a message that I was saved to an instance where some of the bosses were dead. I guess you can't do this anymore. I really only did it because of gunship 25 man heroic... took long and was a pain. This is no longer - gunship on 25 man heroic takes 10 cannon shots and it's literally down.
    Guess I got screwed outta a chance at invincible's reins this week - oh well.
    Last edited by slime; 2014-10-24 at 12:07 PM.

Make sure you go out, switch to 25, go back in, THEN switch to heroic.

Also if you haven't killed 25N LK on that character you won't be able to switch it to 25 heroic.

I'd bet good money you've accidently cleared on 10 heroic without realising :P

Nothing more upsetting than seeing:

<Deadly Boss Mods> Lord Marrowgar 10 Heroic down after 7 seconds!

.. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

OP / netherspark are correct this does appear to have changed.

Last week I did BoT 25hc halfus, then switch to 10n V&T (blackout disproportional damage), then back to 25 after

This week I was unable to switch to 10 at all after killing halfus, only to 25n.

Not sure if bug or otherwise, I assume bug since generally they would inform with such a change but likewise they're a bit swamped right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I know i did not clear mine on heroic - as I did it last week too, just plain 10 man. Would not even allow me to zone back in got the "bosses dead in other instances error." Could this have something to do with Dreamwalker and skipping her?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Make sure you go out, switch to 25, go back in, THEN switch to heroic.

Also if you haven't killed 25N LK on that character you won't be able to switch it to 25 heroic.
    im sorry, but this is like advise that clearly is meant for first timers. Cause if you read my whole post you would have easily known that the issue has nothing to do with this. Sorry if im being harsh, but this comment is mute.

Either they have changed this, or some people in here are right about not being able to do 10HC and then Switch. But that again is proven by someone else doing 10 NM and not being able to switch to 25HC. So something is obviously up here.

You think they ninja fixed this or something?
    Last edited by Jahrern; 2014-10-24 at 12:40 PM.

Why was the LK's hp reduced to 55m on 25 hc btw? Did it the other day and thought it was weird, I ran in and out checking every difficulty (10/25 N/H, mythic didn't work obv) and the health changed for every version so I definitely in the correct instance, It wasn't like that at the start of the patch was it?

IT was part of their changes with tuning down the dps multiplier
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    IT was part of their changes with tuning down the dps multiplier
    Link?

Cause i thought the dps multiplier was fixed last week (reset) and i did clear ICC on monday and this issue that i have now wasnt happening

That was in reference to the hp nerf, not this bug, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    That was in reference to the hp nerf, not this bug, sorry.
    ah i see. yeah that i knew about :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    No you don't. You have been able to switch between all modes on all kills for quite sometime. It just has a habbit of bugging out.

- - - Updated - - -

ah i see. yeah that i knew about :P
    To fix ur problem group with a alt/friend make it a raid group and switch it to whatever mode u want. But you must keep the other person in the group so I recommend a alt or someone about to log out.

Bugged out on me last week wouldn't let me switch to lootship 10man. But now it isn't a problem since the damage of the cannons scale with ilvl. I killed the other ship before the fight even started at ilvl 540.

Edit: Also to add when u chose the mode u want you may have to click it a couple times. I had to.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-10-24 at 01:02 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD