coins for tier pieces from celestials

Simple question (I hope) for you guys:

I play a hunter with the tier chest piece from the Sha of Pride (normal mode). Our raid team is around 7/14 now in 10N. I intend to get through all of the bosses in flex wings 2, 3, & 4 every week. My goal is to obtain 3 more tier pieces to complete the 4pc set and intend to use the 3 coins/week to help increase chances.

My question for you is: Do you think it's better to use the three coins on three of the bosses that will drop tier tokens (General Naz, Thok, Siegecrafter, Paragons, Garrosh?), or save one of the three coins for the weekly celestials which have a chance to drop two of the tier tokens in addition to a load of PVP gear?

Bottom line: Is it a good idea to coin on celestials for tier tokens, or save the coin for one of the bosses that also drop the tier token instead?

Thanks for your time.

The Celestials also reward a ton of PvP loot; your coin's more likely to get one of those than either of the tier items. So no, I wouldn't use the coin there.

10+ Year Old Account
    If all you want is the tier, use your coins on flex Thok / Siege / Paragons / Garrosh. Much better chances.

Thanks guys, this is what I was looking for. Appreciate the feedback!

I'd use the coins on the SoO tier bosses, the Celestials drop far more loot overall than any normal boss and 95% of it is PvP gear, also two tier items so you could get duplicate, so you have more chance with the SoO bosses.

I actually think the coins are pretty much pointless, they rarely give you loot, which I get, is the point in them, a chance at loot, (I have got two items from coins, one was a duplicate though) but the disappointment each time makes me think I'd rather they just didn't have the coins at all haha, but obviously an extra chance at loot is an extra chance at loot.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-10-22 at 05:58 PM.

I agree the coins are pretty shitty, at least from my experience.

I've had TERRIBLE LUCK this entire expansion and now going into SoO I've been pretty undergeared simply because I just can't get lucky and get some fucking loot. Personally, I'd like to see the coins revamped so you only get one coin a week but it's a guaranteed loot roll, that way as long as you're DOING CONTENT you'll actually get rewarded for it and you won't get held back next tier just because RNG fucking hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by billimek View Post
    Simple question (I hope) for you guys:

I play a hunter with the tier chest piece from the Sha of Pride (normal mode). Our raid team is around 7/14 now in 10N. I intend to get through all of the bosses in flex wings 2, 3, & 4 every week. My goal is to obtain 3 more tier pieces to complete the 4pc set and intend to use the 3 coins/week to help increase chances.

My question for you is: Do you think it's better to use the three coins on three of the bosses that will drop tier tokens (General Naz, Thok, Siegecrafter, Paragons, Garrosh?), or save one of the three coins for the weekly celestials which have a chance to drop two of the tier tokens in addition to a load of PVP gear?

Bottom line: Is it a good idea to coin on celestials for tier tokens, or save the coin for one of the bosses that also drop the tier token instead?

Thanks for your time.
    I generally say no, since you have a greater chance of coining a piece of pvp garbage.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Also you could use coins instead on Ordos

I never waste coins on Celestials. I'd end up with pvp gear I don't use or gold. Would rather save them for something that has better odds of dropping what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Also you could use coins instead on Ordos
    Ordos doesn't drop tier pieces, which is the focus of OPs question.