Thread: Help with fans!

10+ Year Old Account

Help with fans!

Hello guys! So, I would like to upgrade my Define R4 with some added ventilation. I've noticed a couple spots on the actual case designated for extra fans and am curious as to what fans to get. The Fractal fans seem expensive, and I really am a stickler when it comes to wasting money... So all you R4 peoples out there who have their cases all "fanned" out, help a brother out! Thanks
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

Deleted
    BitFenix Spectre fans offer great value or money.

Noctua NF-F12 or Scythe Gentle Typhoon (any kind). I used to use the latter, now using the former.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Noctua NF-F12 or Scythe Gentle Typhoon (any kind). I used to use the latter, now using the former.
    Of which both are pricier than the Fractal fans, which he already found too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Of which both are pricier than the Fractal fans, which he already found too expensive.
    In my country, Gentle Typhoon's (120mm) are cheaper than Fractal Design (140mm) fans.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Cooler Master fans are the king of cheap; for the price, their airflow and quiet characteristics are hard to beat. These fans go on sale frequently for $5. I got two black ones for $3 after $5 MIR a few months ago.

Most Cooler Master fans use sleeve bearings which aren't "supposed" to be mounted horizontally. On the other hand, one of my old Cooler Master HAF 922 cases had a 200mm fan mounted horizontally and had no problems for ~1.5 years.

Cooler Master 120mm fan packs are fairly cost effective too: 4x 120mm sleeve $14, 4x 120mm ball $20