Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    well RIP Mary. One thing I am curious about is if the Empty Entity was irritated when Castiel was resurrected and threw him out back to Earth..... why did he not do anything when Lucifer was awoken in the Empty a season and a half later

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Thank god they killed her character off. I hated her scenes.
    I didn't mind her but her time had run it's course

5+ Year Old Account
    Well that was.. interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Well that was.. interesting.
    Lol, yep. I guess for a final season this "apparent" new big bad makes the most sense for this show xD

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Lol, yep. I guess for a final season this "apparent" new big bad makes the most sense for this show xD
    Didn't see that coming. But I always suspected he was an a-hole. AU Michael corroborated it, and this episode confirmed it.

I'm going to call it now - by the end of the next season, Jack is going to take over as "God", because "God" is a cosmic force like Death and it can't really be killed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I'm going to call it now - by the end of the next season, Jack is going to take over as "God", because "God" is a cosmic force like Death and it can't really be killed.
    Yeah seems kinda obvious.

They're all gonna team up and somehow kill God. Then Jack takes over as our lord and savior.

Lol.

Yeah seems kinda obvious.

They're all gonna team up and somehow kill God. Then Jack takes over as our lord and savior.

Lol.
    I had the same thought. Chuck is unfit for command.

This is going to be really hard to write well. The only way I can see this working is if Amara becomes involved again, but the problem there is that Amara should have always known her brother was an asshole the whole time and S11 ending would have never happened.

I think this show is going to end sloppily. With lots of fan service and spectacle, but it won't make sense in reference to earlier seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I think this show is going to end sloppily. With lots of fan service and spectacle, but it won't make sense in reference to earlier seasons.
    Well to quote some famous mage here: "We are in the ENDGAME now"....
    seems like this is gonna be an epic last ride

15+ Year Old Account
    I just had to facepalm when god had to stop Dean, and he decided to just push him with invisible force, again. Why not make it more interesting? He's the god after all. Temporary polymorph instead? Shrink him? Make time stop around him?

Also only fresh barely rotting corpses on that graveyard. Not one half skeleton

I also don't understand why they were just standing still, letting the zombies surround them, not even fighting back. Just stupidity, only to make it more of a cliffhanger.

But a good episode still! Perhaps a bit lower budget. Maybe they want the last season to be explosive.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I just had to facepalm when god had to stop Dean, and he decided to just push him with invisible force, again. Why not make it more interesting? He's the god after all. Temporary polymorph instead? Shrink him? Make time stop around him?

Also only fresh barely rotting corpses on that graveyard. Not one half skeleton

I also don't understand why they were just standing still, letting the zombies surround them, not even fighting back. Just stupidity, only to make it more of a cliffhanger.

But a good episode still! Perhaps a bit lower budget. Maybe they want the last season to be explosive.
    I think that's pretty much it. This show has really run it's course tho I keep watching it just out of respect, more or less. But yeah, last season this makes sense. How else can you go out with a bang other than making the "god of the universe" the big bad.....

Anyone think that The Empty is Deaths true form? And no I don't mean Billy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Anyone think that The Empty is Deaths true form? And no I don't mean Billy.
    nah they are seperate entities I think. Death and the Empty teaming up seems probable though given that what God is doing is going to disrupt not just the natural order but bloody everything

5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this Chuck is the Chuck from the alternative universe. Would explain the sudden change in character.

Think about it: We know God created the Archangels to beat the Darkness. If we assume there is only one God (Chuck) that should mean there is only one Darkness, as she is considered his counterpart.

Which then begs the question: Why did God create Archangels in other universes? Or did he?

What if the reason Death, the Empty & Jack are having their little chat because the true God is dead, killed by alternate Chuck who's now messing things up big time?
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-04-30 at 05:25 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this Chuck is the Chuck from the alternative universe. Would explain the sudden change in character.

Think about it: We know God created the Archangels to beat the Darkness. If we assume there is only one God (Chuck) that should mean there is only one Darkness, as she is considered his counterpart.

Which then begs the question: Why did God create Archangels in other universes? Or did he?

What if the reason Death, the Empty & Jack are having their little chat because the true God is dead, killed by alternate Chuck who's now messing things up big time?
    I think the way that the show has explained it so far is that before anything there was The Empty, then there was Amara and Chuck. Chuck would create life, Amara would destroy it (thus creating the need for Death?). Chuck then created the Archangels, they defeated Amara and locked her away. Then Chuck started creation, which presumably included alternate universes which he made as either failed experiments (time going backwards) or out of boredom (no yellow universe) or curiosity (universe where S&D weren't born, squirrel universe).

as such I am pretty sure that there is only one Chuck, one Amara, one Empty. Death I am honestly not sure on, I mean every world needs one but whether one universe has the original Death and the rest are just Reapers who have been elevated to the position is another question entirely. He does seem to be infinitely stronger than the other 3 Horsemen so who knows.

As for your question - to keep the angels in check? to keep Heaven running smoothly? maybe they too are a vital part of his story. at this point we have to query every single thing he has told us, including how hard it is to make archangels and how hard it is to restore souls.

I am a bit saddened about how Chuck is acting. He makes such a sincere nice guy, how can they turn him evil. I mean, these are just two of the scenes from the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.

Last edited by NightZero88; 2019-04-30 at 05:55 PM.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I am a bit saddened about how Chuck is acting. He makes such a sincere nice guy, how can they turn him evil. I mean, these are just two of the scenes from the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.
    ]
    Yeah but in both of those scenarios everyone went along with his plans. That wasn’t the case in the finale and he switched from benevolent to wrathful as a result

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Yeah but in both of those scenarios everyone went along with his plans. That wasn’t the case in the finale and he switched from benevolent to wrathful as a result
    True, but we've never seen Chuck act the way he did in this episode. In fact, in most situations he's very peaceable. He was even going to sacrifice himself for Amara.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    as such I am pretty sure that there is only one Chuck, one Amara, one Empty. Death I am honestly not sure on, I mean every world needs one but whether one universe has the original Death and the rest are just Reapers who have been elevated to the position is another question entirely. He does seem to be infinitely stronger than the other 3 Horsemen so who knows.
    There is only one of each, but the face they wear (or another way to look at it their personality) can be forcefully changed. It's how Death changed to Billie, where he dies and then the next underling to die takes their place. It probably was just to give Julian Richings an opportunity to stop playing Death back then, but it'll probably be the way they stop Chuck without ending all of reality. Most think Jack is the one to take his spot.

As for the Horseman, I actually think that's just a plot inconsistency. The other three really have no business being lumped in with Death. Maybe during S5 it made sense, but starting from S6 and beyond Death started to look more and more like God's equal. It was also when Kripke left the show (S5).