Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[PvE] Which is the BiS Ranged Weapon to upgrade to SoO?

Just wondering what is the hunter community feels is the BiS Ranged Weapon , excluding Garroshs Warbow.

Mainly so I can use my Rolls more effectively if anything.

Maxdps.com suggests the Death Lotus Crossbow is the best but as the website doesnt even include the AoC trinket under the trinket slots, I fail to see it as a viable source of information.

Deleted
    garrosh isn't bis, the klaxxi bow is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The klaxxi bow is bis. Maxdps is a horrible place to look up information. The Gary bow is nice as an option tho
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Only if you have "reliable" access to warforged gear. If you raid 10m then it's most likely that you'll be using Hellscream's Warbow due to having 2 sockets. But if you do have access to warforged gear its klaxxi for BM and Klaxxi/Malkorok for SV.

To be honest tho having a high level weapon is more important than having one with the right secondary stats if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esnar View Post
    garrosh isn't bis, the klaxxi bow is.
    I am only 10/14 in progression atm

So which is the best between Death Lotus, Galakras Bow and Malkoroks Canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerryz View Post

Malkorok's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerryz View Post

there's no much difference but i'd say the gun from malkorok

With reforging, the difference between them all is very small

They all have the same weapon speed, same weapon dps, same agility, 1 red socket with +60 agility bonus.

The only difference is secondary stats:

2/2 Upgraded:

Crossbow Haste/Hit - Total of 2761 stats
    Galakras bow - Haste/Mastery - Total of 2759
    Gun - Crit/Mastery - Total of 2894
    Klaxxi Bow - Crit/Haste - Total of 2834

Garrosh Bow - Mastery/Haste - Total of 2679 stats

The Garrosh BoA bow comes already double upgraded to 561 (cant upgrade more). However, it has 80 less agility but comes with an extra red socket and the socket bonus is now +120 agility, giving it +140 agility over the other ranged weapons.

Considering the secondary stats are worse and it has less secondary stats overall than the bow off the Klaxxi, I don't think the +140 agility makes up for it.

1) Klaxxi Bow
    2) Garrosh Bow (the extra 140 agility puts it ahead of the gun)
    3) Malkorok Gun
    4) Galakras Bow (unless you need hit)
    5) Protector's Crossbow

That said, you're like me and haven't cleared normals yet, so just take what you can get. The difference between them is quite small and is even smaller if you are not one of the top 10% of hunters in the game.

Deleted
    Except you forgot that mastery is our worst secondary stat and you can't reforge all of it. That said with normal weapons 2/2:

1) klaxxi bow (perfect stat)
    2)Garrosh bow (+140 agi)
    3)Protector's crossbow (a lot of crit + hit will be reforge into something usefull)
    4)Malkorok gun (nice crit but mastery...)
    5)Galakras bow (no crit and a lot of mastery so ->garbage)

With warfoged 2/2, garrosh bow becomes the worst because weapon dps>all.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    Except you forgot that mastery is our worst secondary stat and you can't reforge all of it. That said with normal weapons 2/2:

1) klaxxi bow (perfect stat)
    2)Garrosh bow (+140 agi)
    3)Protector's crossbow (a lot of crit + hit will be reforge into something usefull)
    4)Malkorok gun (nice crit but mastery...)
    5)Galakras bow (no crit and a lot of mastery so ->garbage)

With warfoged 2/2, garrosh bow becomes the worst because weapon dps>all.
    Except....... Your list is wrong.

1) The crossbow off the protectors does not have crit.

2) The bow off Galakras has haste, which is not far behind crit.

3) The gun has a ton of crit, and while it also has mastery, it has more secondary stats than any other ranged

4) While Mastery is #3 in terms of stats, it is not "horrible"

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I'd personally take Hellscream bow over all of them, unless the other is warforged and same/higher difficulty. Fairly certain crit devalues substantially past 50% buffed, so it'd be better to shift to other secondaries at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Warforger klaxi/malkorok weapons are better than garrosh weapon because of raw weapon damage. Also there has been discussions where ppl are saying that in bis gear with toth and amoc atleast survival stat prio is crit>mastery>haste making malkorok weapon bis.

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Warforger klaxi/malkorok weapons are better than garrosh weapon because of raw weapon damage. Also there has been discussions where ppl are saying that in bis gear with toth and amoc atleast survival stat prio is crit>mastery>haste making malkorok weapon bis.
    This would explain why Simcraft uses the Heroic WF gun over the bow.

Oddly enough heroic 2/2 malkorok gun sims about 600dps more then the heroic klaxxi bow I have in my bags if I 2/2ed it. Might be due to having quite a large amount of crit/haste already.

Edit: I primarily play bm
    Last edited by Rtslbd; 2013-10-25 at 04:32 AM.

For Normal and Heroic: Klaxxi WF > Malkorok WF > Protectors WF > Garrosh > Galakras WF(shit stats) > Klaxxi > Malkorok > Protectors > Galakras

WF increases the overall stat gain and Weapon Damage that it outweights the socket on Garrosh bow. If you raid 10m, I guess the Garrosh Bow is the one you want due to low chance of getting WF in 10m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    For Normal and Heroic: Klaxxi WF > Malkorok WF > Protectors WF > Garrosh > Galakras WF(shit stats) > Klaxxi > Malkorok > Protectors > Galakras

WF increases the overall stat gain and Weapon Damage that it outweights the socket on Garrosh bow. If you raid 10m, I guess the Garrosh Bow is the one you want due to low chance of getting WF in 10m.
    This is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Technically with the way mastery is budgeted at higher levels I would put Klaxxi WF == Malkorok WF. They're basically within margin of error dps of each other.

A whole page of discussing what bow is best..

Basically, if someone threw all of the weapons in your bags from up above, grab the Klaxxi one. If you care enough to switch things up for AoE fights like Galakras/whatever, go for the Malkorok one (Mastery is better for AoE).

But the short answer is Klaxxi, two best secondary stats. Bam, done, no need for a page of discussing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    But the short answer is Klaxxi, two best secondary stats. Bam, done
    Except that it's not that simple.
    Because most gear in SoO has haste and crit on it, the value of mastery can grow up to the point where it passes other stats. In some cases the gun will actually come ahead of the Klaxxi bow.

I'm with Libertarian on this one, the difference between the bow and gun really aren't that big if at all. For best results, as always, sim your character and try both weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no BiS weapons this tier. They all depends on what secondary stats you need the most. This is according to Paragon's hunter.