Poll: Which xpac could bring the most players back?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which next xpac theme do you think will/could bring the most old players back?

To be clear this isnt a which xpac you think we will get thread, but a which one do you think the game needs the most.

Which from the poll do you think has the biggest potential for returning subs? If other then explain what you think the ideal xpac is.

I personally want a legion xpac the most, but i think emerald dream would see a massive wave of vanilla players coming back. Legion is also a very good candidate imo as quite a few tbc was best people are bound to try it out.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-10-28 at 07:58 AM.

I take it the forum hasn't loaded the poll yet?

Edit: Nvm, there it is.

Subterrain with some water and caves sounds the most interesting to me if they would go for alot of diversity, maybe by theming each zone after certain titan constructs, maybe even a frozen core zone or something like that. So yeah I'd like an old god one with azshara as the middle boss. Another demon one is something I'm not excatly eager for, it feels like I already have seen everything the legion has, so they would have to be really creative with this topic to get me interested again. .

Edit²: Yeah I think a demon one would satisfy the community the most, at least if the vocal folks are to be taken as the majority, though I'm not sure if the average wow player would care much for more demons.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-10-28 at 08:06 AM.

I don't think the theme is what will bring them back because any of those could work, I think it's how they go about doing it because you can take the simplest of things and make it look awesome with the right skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    I don't think the theme is what will bring them back because any of those could work, I think it's how they go about doing it because you can take the simplest of things and make it look awesome with the right skills.
    I think the theme very much matters. Of course the real value will be measured later, but the package has to be appealing. Just image if we got another mists of pandaria (which would only be bad because we already had a year of it) or any other theme you personally don't like. Would you play WoW - Vengence of the Defias Brotherhood? WoW - Zaela's Wrath?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion has the biggest nostalgia factor. Also, I imagine any chance to get to take on Sargeras in some form would bring a lot of players back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see some dragon related, maybe a new dragon/humanoid race, just a wish though. But i think something TBC related would interest enough players to come back. If blizzard could hit the same notes as they did back then, or get the same feel/mood.

Deleted
    Well if its anything but a burning legion xpac i wont be coming back, i have no interest in any of the others

TBC/WoTLK servers ;]

I don't think that new expansion will change WoW's Cata+ direction.

Burning Legion. A time/infinite based expasion would drive many players away
    <inactive>

Deleted
    TBC theme for the nostalgia factor. Even if it was mediocre people will buy it.

TBC/WoTLK servers ;]
    wotlk at realms, with a smaller fee, would be the best investment blizzard has ever done. The AT private realms have a huge playerbase (I play on 3) and anyone I met would love the idea since blizzard has the only thing that is missing- lag free realms.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-10-28 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    None. Its not about theme, its about game "improvements" that ruined ether MMO or RPG part of MMORPG.

Deleted
    None. Its not about theme, its about game "improvements" that ruined ether MMO or RPG part of MMORPG.
    While I agree with you, may people have left wow because they felt wow ended with Arthas. Bringing back old characters might boost the old feelings.

They need to hedge their bets and put forward an expansion that looks like a mix of several. If it's just one thing too many people will be annoyed (a green tinted azeroth expansion? BC2? Dr.Whorld of Whorcraft or whatever people will come up with)

I'm guessing a burning legion build up, a journey to the center of Azeroth and some Azshara stuff. Each experience having some time travel elements to either see the background lore of what happened, or to recruit a forgotten hero.

Assuming we get info on next expansion at Blizzcon, that will determine if I continue my subscription. I miss wotlk so much. Don't like the direction this game has taken in many ways. Hopefully 6.0 can change that.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Deleted
    In my opînion, a Legion-based expansion would have the clearer chance to attract old players BUT I don't think even that would up the subs in the long term.
    Many players left because they were burned out by the game, and whatever theme, these won't come back, or won't stay for a long time.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back a proper villain. While many expect the Burning Legion to return with a vengeance (just not as their final push on Azeroth), I still have hopes for Queen Azshara to attack, mainly because The Dark Below is still my number one guess. The trademark was there, and it disappeared, but I think it'll re-appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think the theme very much matters. Of course the real value will be measured later, but the package has to be appealing. Just image if we got another mists of pandaria (which would only be bad because we already had a year of it) or any other theme you personally don't like. Would you play WoW - Vengence of the Defias Brotherhood? WoW - Zaela's Wrath?
    I meant out of all the themes he named fyi. Any of them could work if done properly.

I might resub for both Legion and N'zoth xpacs. It will have to look interesting though, cool lore isn't enough obviously. I do think they could get some resubs with the right themed expansion, but WoW is on a decline and I don't think Blizzard can change that. I disagree with the vocal population that claims Blizzard ruined WoW and drove people away with bad design decisions, I think the decline is happening because of the age of the game.

burning legion - hands down -
    if anything simply due to nostalgi trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Legion has the biggest nostalgia factor. Also, I imagine any chance to get to take on Sargeras in some form would bring a lot of players back.
    I find it funny how people think we will get to take on Sargeras anytime soon. He isn't even the leader of the Burning Legion anymore, Kil'Jaeden is. I bet we will be defeating the Legion way before Sargeras returns.

Also I think people appreciated how clear the focus on a particular strong Warcraft villain was in tbc and wrath, and I think Queen Azshara would represent the best villain to bring about to achieve the same focus.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2013-10-28 at 02:18 PM.