Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm Classic/TBC lover, but can't agree with you OP. The game is just done, they don't have 6 7 years of development time to create the awesome world and environment, they did in original WoW/TBC/Wotlk

Remove LFR, Flying Mounts ---> Millions Resubscribe
    and the same moment millions would unsub. so yeah. gg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zallex View Post
    I would resub if they removed LFD, which is the single biggest factor that contributed to the destruction of server communities.
    No, people contributed to the destruction of server communities by being little dicks in trade chat. People don't want to hear the same old shit typed by the same old monkey day in day out like some sort of obsessed psycho. So people either ignore, or, because so many people are willing to feed the monkeys, probably just don't bother being part of the server community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    I agree. It could cause 2-3 million to resub, and 5-6 million to unsub. So yeah about 3-4 million active subs left.
    If the vast majority of players don't raid in the first place (according to blizzard's own words) I don't see taking LFR out of the game affecting too many players. Most would adapt and move up to flex if they wanted to continue to raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Spoiler alert, OP: TBC ADDED flying mounts.
    For max level and only in outland.

OP has some interesting logic.

I wonder where he gets it from.

Subscriptions peaked in the period between TBC and WotLK -- i.e. after flying mounts were introduced. Removing them would not bring back any players and would only serve to push many current players away.

Subscriptions began to decline at the beginning of the Cataclysm, two tiers before LFR was even on the PTR. Removing LFR for such a silly reason as what you've mentioned would cause me to unsubscribe and I don't even run it; there's a point where Blizzard would be just giving in to uninformed opinions such as yours that dictate the point when I want off the ride. Look at the subscription numbers and the rise and fall periods.. they don't match up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Is a perfect example of hyperbole. I don't think you're even remotely close. Your personal preference != everyone's.
    This, exactly this. Few things are more annoying to me than people who assume the way they feel is the way everyone feels. Ugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    How, in any way, does LFR affect someone's choice on whether or not to sub? It's removal would probably cause unsubs at this point, but how is it's existence a reason to not be subbed? An entirely optional difficulty that you don't have to do (that you choose to do it for your own advancement isn't the same as being forced to do it) should have no affect on your choice to be in the game. Flex is a step up in difficulty from LFR in a way a lot of people in LFR really couldn't handle; if Flex was the only option, we'd be back to the situation where a lot of people weren't getting to see content unless it was a) easy to begin with or b) nerfed into the ground (if you were around in TBC and Wrath, you'd know that it was awhile before anyone was pugging anything, and even ICC, deemed the ultimate PUG instance, was rarely completed by PUGs until it was nerfed out the ass by the buff).

Deleted
    People leave through lack of conveniences, not because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Remove LFR, Flying Mounts ---> Millions Unsubscribe
    Fixed that for you
    You're welcome

Sadly, no.
    If those things would never have been here in the first place it would probably have been better (especially without the atrocity of LFR), however, now that they are here, it will probably do more damage if you actually remove them.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Ok my questions for you op:
    1. Do you hate LFR because its popular to hate on LFR, or do you just legit don't like it? LFR and flex are a step forward in giving a larger audience a definite way to raid.
    2. Once again, do you hate flying mounts because its popular or do you not like flying? Flying mounts circumvented (at the time) very ridiculous flight pathing that made getting across continents a pain. But if you believe flying shrinks the world, than mage portals should go, portals to capital cities should go, and heck the dark portal should go. You should have to build a portal to outlands yourself amiright? Flying is a player convenience and rightfully so. In early vanilla, flight paths weren't even linked, you had to fly to crossroads, dismount the wyvern, fly to 1k needles, dismount, fly to tanaris etc...

You would lose far more subs with removing these features than you would gain back. The vocal minority does not equate to the player majority.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Deleted
    Guys, it's Jaylock. Leave him be...

If the vast majority of players don't raid in the first place (according to blizzard's own words) I don't see taking LFR out of the game affecting too many players. Most would adapt and move up to flex if they wanted to continue to raid.
    That vast majority doesn't raid normal or heroic. They DO raid LFR. If you don't like it then don't do it.

Don't like flying mounts either? Use your ground mounts only.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it, and I would be, personally, mad..

Okay OP, I'll give you something.

1. Remove LFR - I don't really care it it's removed or not so +1

2. Remove flying mounts - No, game is already a big enough time sink as it is, making us get to locations a a third of the speed we do now would only make things worse so -1. If you think no flying mounts would somehow change things for the better it, wont.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    I agree. It could cause 2-3 million to resub, and 5-6 million to unsub. So yeah about 3-4 million active subs left.
    More like 100K resub, 8 million unsub.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I love how many people post here "millions would unsubscribe with those changes" with no comment or logic behind it.

You can look at blizzards own numbers they have posted over time and very little of the population raids so raid changes wouldn't lose them "MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS' of subscribers.

With the removal of LFR + Flying Mounts + LFD I'd defentially resubscribe and see how it is. There are many more atrocities blizzard has done to wow since these though which still concern me in addition to the above me which include (but not limited to): Questing was way to linear in WOTLK (last xpac I played with the direction blizzard was headed), epics are to easily accessible, and game is way to baddie oriented (not casual - there is a difference blizzard seems to not be able to distinguish between and the vast majority of people in LFR are BAD not Casual).
    Last edited by Brooxi; 2013-10-28 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Oh, you can still ride on a horse if you want. That's something called choice.
    Right - ride a horse on a highway and see how long you last

Quote Originally Posted by Zallex View Post
    I would resub if they removed LFD, which is the single biggest factor that contributed to the destruction of server communities.
    NO that is people quitting the game leaving dead servers behind...

And there is the Problem - YOU think YOU know how WoW should be but listen CAREFULLY: WoW is NOT about YOU! thankfully!!!