Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Define "Drama" that every raiding guild hates

I see every other guild is making sure they avoid drama on their raids. Or acting as if drama is more evil than Diablo (lord of terror).

Can you give examples of drama that guilds tend to avoid?

Is there any sort of acceptable drama?

For example the raid leader wrongly victimises some poor lad with lacking confidence to stand up on his own. Is standing up to restore "justice" (i think the term is called white knight?) so frawned upon and why?

I am trying to understand, don't get me wrong. Hopefully it will be an interesting conversation that will enlighten me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Running a 25 man guild with a roster of 32. Having that one guy who cries like a child whenever he's asked to rotate for any boss. Even one he needs absolutly no gear from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthetik View Post
    Running a 25 man guild with a roster of 32. Having that one guy who cries like a child whenever he's asked to rotate for any boss. Even one he needs absolutly no gear from.
    ok that's something I wouldn't do - raising hopes!

next!

Generally people who will argue over how to handle boss mechanics to a ridiculous level, crying over gear, having to sit, etc etc.. If you only care about your characters progression and will throw a fit over not getting your way, the guild will not want you. keep the guilds progression in mind and you'll be fine.

Females can also cause quite some drama!

10+ Year Old Account
    Females, especially ones in any kind of relationship with GMs, officers, tanks or healers.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you talk or write and it's not about the raid encounter or not funny, then it's drama

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Generally people who will argue over how to handle boss mechanics to a ridiculous level"

Check. Got one or two of these guys as well. As a GM/Raid Leader, you gota shut these guys down fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    "That's my gear!" "No it's mine!" "I'm one who needs it the most." "Nope, you're out of fictional points to spend on gear."

"My DPS is higher than your DPS! Look at my charts! I'm such a pretentious prick who only cares about the top of the charts!"

"You didn't tank that 100% perfectly, you are a bad tank."

"You let me die on purpose!" "People died, bad healer."

"Wahwahwah, gimme gimme gimme."
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

People who cant handle being told that they're wrong. Instant aggressive reaction to "[Name], come on we're in a pull" implying please stop monopolizing comms.

Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    Generally people who will argue over how to handle boss mechanics to a ridiculous level, crying over gear, having to sit, etc etc.. If you only care about your characters progression and will throw a fit over not getting your way, the guild will not want you. keep the guilds progression in mind and you'll be fine.
    I will avoid going into detail about handling boss mechanics for now.
    Regarding gear handling,

what if the system is loot council and the council has favorites and less favorites?

I had a case when an old member was being forced to pass on tier items just because the loot council said so to improve the overall raid. I was fine with that. Eventually when those favorites catched up, the catchup philosophy ceased to exist. When someone made a claim he had a flex item for that particular slot the loot went to person that had a normal item on that slot and was having prio to catch up for 3-4 weeks.

Is it drama if I call for favorites and/or double standards?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loot drama only become drama when you go against your pre-defined loot system. Unless you weren't ever crystal clear or consistent with said loot system.

ML for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthetik View Post
    "Generally people who will argue over how to handle boss mechanics to a ridiculous level"

Check. Got one or two of these guys as well. As a GM/Raid Leader, you gota shut these guys down fast.
    if you as a GM/Raid leader never bother to read the journal or read tactics or watch videos
    or if your only source of wisdom regarding a heroic encounter is a fatboss video, which you failed to comprehend and missed the guides point if any.

Is it drama if one or those two guys step up?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's only drama if they are rude and intrusive in there suggestions. I should have highlighted "To a ridiculous level". Even when these types of people have been shown numbers, logs, skada, etc, they refuse to accept data as fact.

Any single thing involving a female that isn't a positive-neutral thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Define "Drama" that every raiding guild hates
    Definition: Drama that exists in every raiding (or just "every" for that matter) guild.

I see every other guild is making sure they avoid drama on their raids. Or acting as if drama is more evil than Diablo (lord of terror).

Can you give examples of drama that guilds tend to avoid?

Is there any sort of acceptable drama?

For example the raid leader wrongly victimises some poor lad with lacking confidence to stand up on his own. Is standing up to restore "justice" (i think the term is called white knight?) so frawned upon and why?

I am trying to understand, don't get me wrong. Hopefully it will be an interesting conversation that will enlighten me.
    Girls that are bad or mediocre at the game but get a raid spot + fed loot b/c they are boning the GM

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding gear handling,

what if the system is loot council and the council has favorites and less favorites?
    Then you shouldn't be using Loot Council. Most guilds really shouldn't use Loot Council, and I say this as someone in a guild that's used Loot Council since vanilla.

If you have ANY criteria in your loot council other than:
    - Guild Rank (only as far as Apps/Trials having lower priority, not as in "GM gets what he wants")
    - Attendance
    - Size of Upgrade
    - Performance
    - Previous Loot Obtained

... you're doing it wrong. Having favorites in a loot system is the easiest way to cause a drama-laden raid environment.

Deleted
    The GM and one officer (both male) secretely having an online relationship for months. This was of course fine and all, until the GMs wife (also a WoWer but non-raider) comes into the guild ventrilo and brings the entire guild into it, shares a 500 page MSN chat log with the entire guild which is quite detailed in their sexual fantasies, a lot of which include guild members in their fantasies (three-ways yolo). The wife then further rant and yell and the GM for a long while even saying "I understand if you would cheat on me with a girl, but a guy WTF WTF?"

Yup. That is my so far best guild destroying drama that I have been a part of. Way to go from server 1 to nothing.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-11-23 at 08:50 AM.

Here's a few:

-Why did you give that player the item I needed?
    -Why did you give me an item that player needed?
    -Why did you take that player for this raid?
    -Why don't you take that player for this raid?
    -Relationship discussion in the chat
    -Attention seekers (not restricted to girl players)
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.