Poll: At least one new model shown at Blizzcon

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm optimistic about Blizzard showing at least one of the new models, my biggest concerns are the storyline (or setting, if you will), new class (if any), and release date of the forthcoming expansion.

If we have to go another whole ;laksdjfolij;ukfa year from the "last raid" to the next expansion, I'm gonna start flipping tables n shizz...

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    25% done, from the 8 original races+ 2 tbc races= 10 races X 2= 20 total character models
    25% of 20 is 5, so atleast 2 races completely done and one race with either male or female finished.
    Although it would make sense to release new characters from the most popular races I don't know why they started of at Dwarfs, but they said they would be moving on to humans and orcs after, so either 2 of those are completely done.

Or Blizz could completely troll and say that 25% completion but worked on every race so no race actually ready just updated.
    they specifically said that 25% done doesn't mean that it's going to take that much longer, just that that's how done they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I thought they said Dwarves were (mostly) done quite a long while back, and that they'd be released as they're finished. So, I wouldn't say it's IMPOSSIBLE we'll see some preview of at least one or two races!
    This. I would at least expect them to do a demonstration with how they're approaching it from a technical standpoint, so basically showing us how they actually do stuff (Which they normally do). I would also expect that demonstration to be done with Dwarves as they've already said that they were the race closest to being done before.

I don't see why not. Even if they aren't completely done(fully animated) they could just show still pictures of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be amazed if Blizzard goes through another expansion with those hideous character models from 2004. At this point there's no excuse for it.

They'll quite likely show a preview of some of the models.

I really hope they do! I love my dwarf, but I'd really like some better animations / features.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a new undead model. IMHO they are the most hideous looking models from 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I expect to see or the new models or a big message that says when next expansion is announced: "New Race Models"
    It annoys me that would use something like this as a pure marketing tool to sell the next expansion. I knew they would do when they first announced it years ago

They have drawn it out for the specific reason of using it as a "new" thing, it certainly doesn't take this long to redo character model art/animation (not even half that) so it's obvious they have been purposefully taking their time (not for the reasons they have stated). Which makes me worried, I hope this isn't the key selling point for the expac ><

They really need to dazzle people and they will disappoint a hell of a lot of people if they don't have new character models to present. Then again, I remember being excited about the upcoming prospects of CATA and in the end they fell short of delivering. I also remember being amazingly "underwhelmed" by the upcoming prospects of MOP and the xpac proved to be better than expected. So who knows anything for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavala_451 View Post
    It annoys me that would use something like this as a pure marketing tool to sell the next expansion. I knew they would do when they first announced it years ago

They have drawn it out for the specific reason of using it as a "new" thing, it certainly doesn't take this long to redo character model art/animation (not even half that) so it's obvious they have been purposefully taking their time (not for the reasons they have stated). Which makes me worried, I hope this isn't the key selling point for the expac ><
    lol armchair critics.

You are so stuck in your own little critical world, you have no idea what you're talking about. Re-doing the old races is essentially like making 8 new races, compared to the 2 at a time they've only ever done. And it's even more difficult since they're set to a standard of re-creating the older version in a perfectly faithful way.

It'll be a selling point as much as Dance Studio was for WotLK. You won't have to buy the expac to get them either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    More than likely although it's not a real focal point to me. I am hoping for something better than "we are making characters look a little different and newer".

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    lol armchair critics.

You are so stuck in your own little critical world, you have no idea what you're talking about. Re-doing the old races is essentially like making 8 new races, compared to the 2 at a time they've only ever done. And it's even more difficult since they're set to a standard of re-creating the older version in a perfectly faithful way.

It'll be a selling point as much as Dance Studio was for WotLK. You won't have to buy the expac to get them either.
    Hardly, I used to work as a design co-ord for several companies (game and systems). I would put money on the fact that have taken their time to coincide for a release with the new expac. It feels disingenuous to me.
    Blizzard do need as much clout with this expansion as they possibly can, I understand that this is for sure a make-or-break moment for WoW, so from a marketing point of view it's smart but from the feed back to players over the last 18-months you couldn't be blamed for feeling a little annoyed

Arm chair critics, aren't we all that?

Im really hoping that they show at least one finished model at blizzxon but im not excited about looking like garosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard recently said they were 25% done with new char models. The Fans were certain we would get them with MOP.

I expect char models are still two years away.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the whole "25% done" thing was just them trolling us so we would be super happy when we find out they are all done and a major feature of the expac.

I could be wrong of course.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Blizzard recently said they were 25% done with new char models. The Fans were certain we would get them with MOP.

I expect char models are still two years away.
    I suspect the idea of releasing them in bulk is now dead. They'll try to release all 8 classic models in 6.0, and wait in the BC models (which they've said will be updated) until 6.3 or 6.4.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they have to. They need something big like that.

Would I be blown away if they didn't though? No. It's Blizzard after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I expect to see or the new models or a big message that says when next expansion is announced: "New Race Models"
    Kinda like the path of the titans progression system advertised on the Cataclysm box :P

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Kinda like the path of the titans progression system advertised on the Cataclysm box :P
    Aerial combat on Wrath box .