Deleted

Facepalm moments

So.... I just went to college only to find out the college has been moved to tomorrow. The bus goes once per hour and it takes one and a half hour. Yay, 4 hours wasted! Ah well, I did some homework in the bus... Note to self: check agenda more often.

Now post your own facepalm moments!

Went on a trip to Australia last month, Getting through Customs...etc, accidentally read one of the declarations wrong.
    Instead of saying "no" to Are you carrying more than $1000 with you? I thought it was $10 and answered "yes".
    Had to briefly explain that to one of the guards before they let me through >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Last year I went to work on Thanksgiving. I knew something was wrong when all the lights were off and the parking lot was empty.

A few days ago I tried unlocking the front door to my house by hitting the "Unlock" button on my car keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I own a college, but wanted to troll the students. So I moved the college through time to tomorrow, like that, the students the were there today only found a barren wasteland of foundations. Then I remember I had a board meeting today in one of the buildings that was now tomorrow. Ugh FML.

(I hope someone understands what i did there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I just moved into a new apartment in the same building. The way the room is set up like this, there are four bedrooms, A through D, a common area and two bathrooms. Each person pays their own rent and their keys are unique so that while all keys work on the front door, only your key works on your bedroom door. Rent is the same regardless of whether you are with yourself or three other people.

The rooms are arranged, clockwise: Bathroom, Bedroom A, Bedroom B, common area, Bedroom C, Bedroom D, bathroom.

So, I moved from 212A to 101B.

Twice since moving in I've blundered into my roommate's room, 101A, because I'm so use to walking into the A Bedroom. And I did it a third time when he wasn't there. Each time I was thinking about something else and just moving automatically.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Went on a trip to Australia last month, Getting through Customs...etc, accidentally read one of the declarations wrong.
    Instead of saying "no" to Are you carrying more than $1000 with you? I thought it was $10 and answered "yes".
    Had to briefly explain that to one of the guards before they let me through >.<
    Just so long as you didn't say you had fruit with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I was remotely doing an upgrade for a client after hours once (I'm in IT) and accidentally disabled their Win2k3 server's network interface while I was trying to check something in its properties. So I essentially kicked myself out with no way to get back in remotely and ended up having to drive over there. Luckily, it wasn't a very long drive, but yeah. Facepalm.

I used to be really bad about accidentally locking my keys in my car, but I've been better about that for the last few years. The worst time was when it caused me to be late for work by about an hour, because I was trying to break into my car with a coat hanger (this was a '93 Mustang, and it was fairly easy to force a coat hanger down and hit the Unlock button if you really had patience). Luckily, my boss at the time was pretty laid back and actually thought it was quite funny. He had to help me break in one time because I locked the keys in while I was at work.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-11-10 at 08:37 PM.

Same thing happened to me! But it was just 1 class getting cancelled. I still had to walk in the blistering cold blah. Awful

10+ Year Old Account
    A few months ago I got a post card from the US Postal Service offering employment for the holiday, so I thought I'd do it, get a little Christmas cash. I applied, got drug tested and had an interview set up for Nov 8th.

So Nov 8th rolls around, I open my email to get the address so I can go to the interview . . . the date reads Nov. 7th.

For two weeks I was convinced that my date was Nov 8 and now I'm not doing a part time holiday job with the USPS . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Creating and account just to send a private message and realizing you had to make 10 forum post first /facepalm

Last night my friend seriously asked how much a gram weighed