Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The problem IF it's a time-travel expansion is that time traveling just makes everything much harder. Caverns of Time is one thing, but if we change an historic event (by killing Grom for example), so many things in our current "future" would change that it just gives me a headache thinking about it.

Minor time-traveling dungeons work in a Caverns of Time-way, but if the whole expansion were to center on that, it would just be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Another thought: The Legion DOES invade and we need to escape through the timeway to save ourselves and change something. Basically if you have played RIFT, the Defiant starting area
    Yeah, that's been brought up in this thread a couple times. Not terribly interesting in itself, but it will be interesting to see how the story works. Basically they could completely erase everything that ever happened in WoW or WC1/2/3 if they wanted to.

Deleted
    Wow if this trademark is legit...damn OP, you're the boss.
    And TDB will be for Titan? Wonder how that turns out. Very disapointed though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    While its a little off, the basic things are still there. Here is a fb convo of me telling my friend the plot back in August:

http://imgur.com/ThJ0aNv

Do you still think I heard about it yesterday?
    I stand slightly corrected. To you sir, I shall build you an honorable mention plaque you can hang in your office.

Another thought: The Legion DOES invade and we need to escape through the timeway to save ourselves and change something. Basically if you have played RIFT, the Defiant starting area
    That was also something I was thinking, too. The BL shows up and wrecks Azeroth, and we can't defend it because we aren't 'united' enough. Wrathion goes "I told you fools" and pulls some sort of plot to go back in time to prevent the BL from getting too strong. Originally, I thought such an expansion would send us to pre-Sundering Azeroth, when everything was just one continent. That would have been a BL expansion with essentially a new world to explore. Of course, it would be kind of weird to see gnomes running around the Highborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I guess its true, but if they screw with the old lore too much ill be upset. It will probably be cool nonetheless though.
    Same here.

There are two options:
    -Blizzard fuck up the lore and some characters,
    -Blizzard do good job, we kill bad guys and somehow we're again in ol' good times,

Either 1 of 2 things happened

1. Some troll read the bit of leaked info from the China thing and made this shit post. Someone who convieniently "works" for Blizz but is too stupid to know NOT to name the people who told you in your post. Boub removes the names, this flames speculation and the post grows to 54 pages long now. Because the post is so popular another or same troll takes out a trademark today, which was proven to be easy with Corgis. And here we are.

2. MMO planted that post to get speculation going KNOWING they were ALLOWED to by Blizz. Blizz takes out trademark today and this is real.

In either case, I guarentee you that this was not LEAKED as was advertised by the OP this is either still a colossal troll OR it was a total plant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but no... I personally do not want to see any rift elements brought into the game, but a lot of other people may. IT really all depends on how it is implemented.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by funda4tw View Post
    I want to change my answer to the question "What am I looking forward to most at Blizzcon?"
    possibly eating poop?

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Personally, I think when it comes down to it, the devs are finding it hard to make a BL expansion that has a compelling story. I think it might actually be what they 'scrapped' in favor of MOP. Right now, the BL has two major faces, Kiljaeden and Sargeras, along with some side villains like Mephistroth and the other dreadlords. I don't think they want to pull the Sargeras card when WoW still has at least several years left before they need to start worrying about pulling all the stops. Without Sargeras, a BL expansion becomes quite boring unless it involves visiting another new world with new races and environments (Xoroth?). We already know the BL's shtick- they're angry and they come up with a plot every once in awhile to take over the world. That's basically most video game plots-it's boring.

An expansion under this concept would get us some more character development and let us see the inner workings of the BL such that when the BL expansion does happen, it's a lot more interesting than punching a bunch of no-name demons in the face.
    I can get behind this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we'll get some information on Titan this Blizzcon. Here's to wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it.. I would put my account on this being fake.
    Oh really??

10+ Year Old Account
    The forum is blowing UP with Warlords of Draenor speculation threads now. Literally within minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    While its a little off, the basic things are still there. Here is a fb convo of me telling my friend the plot back in August:

Really? I could make that picture in MS Paint. You posted it 10 minutes ago. Hardly proof.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Wow this guy was right a day in advance.
    Ever strike you that someone could have just made a trademark for this one too like "the dark below", which turned out to be a fake and got removed.

I'll be honest, i don't care what the next xpac is, all I care about is they fix the issues we had during MoP (PvP, Class balance, Dailies etc).

Is there a possible correlation between the time travel concept and gear scaling? We saw screenshots of someone at "level 58" gear in a "level 58" dungeon even though they were 90. Maybe we'll be going back to some "level 70" raiding in Outlands?

Deleted
    What would be awesome is if we escaped from the Legion that way, imagine the Legion finally found Azeroth and we fought bravely but were defeated and Azeroth was obliterated, so our only chance of survival would be to travel back in time that'd be so cool

They could use this to retcon all the lore from the past, and start anew. I highly doubt they would do that (but maybe if there really is going to be a "WoW 2" at some point), as it gets too much into the realm of Marvel/DC with alternate universes all the time.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    Basically they could completely erase everything that ever happened in WoW or WC1/2/3 if they wanted to.
    Which is what everyone who thinks this is a terrible idea is afraid of. Yes, let's undo everything they got right from like 15 years ago forwards. Sounds great! It's like they got tired of giving the excuse that there are time gaps in content while leveling so now they'll just meddle in time directly to say "Anything goes, we can retcon as we please". I sincerely hope all of the dread and negativity I have for this is completely and utterly wrong. I'll have no problems saying how awesome it is if it comes to that.
    BAD WOLF

I really, really, dont want Garrosh to be the end villain two expacs in a row. First tier end boss? Ok, maybe.