Red face quick anti-hunter question

Greeting, fellow hunter players! Yesterday I lost a game in arena, and I wonder what kind ability/spell that hunter used. I was capping points as a monk with my guild mate as a warrior. Warrior dies, hunter partner dies. Hunter has full hp and no deterrence left. I pop Touch of karma, burst him down to a proc of touch of death. After that I started missing all of my attacks, both white and yellow and died. Ofc I got outplayed no questions, but I still wonder what that ability was. Thanks in advance for help!

sounds like det, i know you said he had none left, but thats all i can think of that would cause you to miss that much.

well he was attacking me all that time. and afaik when hitting det u got reflect message, not miss.

Deleted
    If you're absolutely positively sure that it wasn't deterrence, the only other thing I can think of is that maybe you had some broken gear pieces causing your to drop below hit cap? Unless it was a night elf, then maybe the passive.. but that would show as dodge not miss?

10+ Year Old Account
    It probably was his pet hitting you, pet still does autos when the hunter hits deterrence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Outplayed ?! LMAO. Unless you're an elem shaman or a lock, a hunter will always..."outplay" you in 1v1, as you put it. Hunters counter most classes in 1v1, some a lot more than others. Monks are on the list of hunter's bitches in 1v1 same as mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Only two possiblities: one, his deterrence came off CD, or two, he was hacking (doubtful)
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Im pretty sure the "deflect" message is only for spells (like mages warlocks etc). For melees its "Miss." Maybe I am being a complete idiot though.

If you visually didn't see Deterrence. Did you hear it? If you heard a lot of "clinking" sounds as those misses were happening, then Deterrence was indeed up. Could of been a game lag or some sort that prevented you from seeing Deterrence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    Greeting, fellow hunter players! Yesterday I lost a game in arena, and I wonder what kind ability/spell that hunter used. I was capping points as a monk with my guild mate as a warrior. Warrior dies, hunter partner dies. Hunter has full hp and no deterrence left. I pop Touch of karma, burst him down to a proc of touch of death. After that I started missing all of my attacks, both white and yellow and died. Ofc I got outplayed no questions, but I still wonder what that ability was. Thanks in advance for help!
    well easy to find out.
    did he web you or speed boost and slow removal when he disengaged? when not he was running tiger and chimera . this means deterence already gets a new stack after a 1 minute after the first usage. so it just went up again and the pet did dmg or he did use AMoC

i dunno what amoc is (play on russian client) but i think the post above solved a problem. is it a common trick among hunters?

Outplayed ?! LMAO. Unless you're an elem shaman or a lock, a hunter will always..."outplay" you in 1v1, as you put it. Hunters counter most classes in 1v1, some a lot more than others. Monks are on the list of hunter's bitches in 1v1 same as mages.
    this sounds a bit aggressive. i usually don't have troubles finishing hunters. not duelling them and own the shit out of them but finishing them in the late game. that's exactly the reason i asked a question cos that encounter was a big surprise. thanks all for replies guys!
    Last edited by Useful; 2013-10-31 at 03:39 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you attack a hunter with deterrence up it shows as a miss, not a reflect.

It shows as reflected when you are the hunter being attacked and you're using Mirrored Blades - and I'd assume the same to the person actually attacking.

IDK what you're using to track other team's CDs, but Deterrence was changed to a charge-based system (like Monk's roll) this patch, and people are still confused on the recharge rate, including possibly your addon author. Especially considering we have a tier15 talent which reduces this recharge rate, which used to be a flat CD reduction when Deterrence was on a set CD.

Here's info from a long time veteran hunter
    Deterrence reduces anybody's chance to hit by 100% so you'll see "miss" when attacking. If glyphed with mirror blades it will reflect any spells back at the caster but being melee you'll still see "miss". As posted above it comes with 2 charges now with a recharge time of 3 minutes. However the 3rd talent in the first tier "crouching tiger, hidden chimera" reduces the cooldown by a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    i dunno what amoc is (play on russian client)
    "Стая воронов"

http://ru.wowhead.com/spell=131894