Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have two criteria I'd like to see in the next Alliance race.

1) able to roll Paladin - no new Alliance Paladin races since TBC, it's about time
    2) please God not another half animal race for the fourth time in a row dammit

That's not so much to ask, is it? I'm tired of being left out of the new expansion race change party. But since #2 precludes Arakkoa, the only non-playable race with Paladins (unless you count Dark Irons separately from other dwarves, or apply very liberal standards to "Paladin" with regards to the Naga) well that doesn't give a lot of options for #1, short of making up some kind of, I dunno, Naaru super robots or something. That might be kind of cool. Lorelulzy, but cool. I'm not saying I want High Elves specifically, it's just that it's pretty hard to come up with something else that wouldn't make Red Shirt Guy flip his shit, within the known parameters of the Warcraft universe.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Arrakoa for the Alliance and Ogre for the Horde. The two races have some potential connections to the Old Gods and the Titans respectively: Arrakoa can be seen summoning what looks like an Old God and Ogres are descended from the Earth Giants of Draenor, which sound very Titan-esque. This can provide some hints for the larger myth arc of WoW.

The new races can be recruited from the past, and then at the end of the starting experience sent to the future - But things are a couple years off, explaining why the Ogres and Arrakoa have to level through Cataclysm zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    please God not another half animal race for the fourth time in a row dammit
    This is why Ethereals would be a good choice.

I don't understand how people want more and more customisation options and new models, new animated faces etc. and in the same time want Ethereals as a playable race. What do you want to customize? Bandages or what? Same with Naga - only tail and face? And all those shapeshifting crap is insane. No offence but do we realy need more races when we expect new vanilla models?
    I realy doubt that Blizz prepared new expansion + new models + new races + new class?

But if I'm wrong:
    Horde: Ogres
    Alliance: no idea. If High Elves there will be huge crying about this - horde got Ogres and we got remodel Blood Elves...

Deleted
    Ogre:
    >Warrior
    >Mage (with two headed options!)
    >Warlock
    >Shaman
    >Hunter
    >Priest

Arrakoa:
    >Warrior
    >Rogue
    >Mage
    >Warlock
    >Shaman
    >Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    I have two criteria I'd like to see in the next Alliance race.

1) able to roll Paladin - no new Alliance Paladin races since TBC, it's about time
    2) please God not another half animal race for the fourth time in a row dammit
    Then you might want to stop playing Human characters.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Ogre:
    >Warrior
    >Warlock
    >Shaman
    >Hunter
    >Priest

Arrakoa:
    >Warrior
    >Rogue
    >Mage
    >Warlock
    >Shaman
    >Hunter
    No priest for Arakkoa?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I really want Alliance to get high elves the Horde to get ogres, just for the sake of completing the old racial identities for the two factions.

I've posted these sketches before, but I'll post them again.

The point being that it would be easy to make the ogres not look stupid and the high elves not look exactly like blood elves.
    That High Elf scares me from a rigging standpoint.

It looks like model tearing abound.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't want another animal race again, no birds, no fish, no dogs, no bears, something that somewhat resembles a human. It could be something new that we've never seen. Ethereals...how would you know which ones were female? Would they be pink? It would be strange to level an Ethereal up through Azeroth, really out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    This is why Ethereals would be a good choice.
    I support this.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryiez View Post
    I don't want another animal race again, no birds, no fish, no dogs, no bears, something that somewhat resembles a human. It could be something new that we've never seen. Ethereals...how would you know which ones were female? Would they be pink? It would be strange to level an Ethereal up through Azeroth, really out of place.
    A completely new never-seen-before race would be waved off as a 'total ass pull'. Dunno if draenei really count 'cause they basically just merged the WC3 draenei lost ones and eredar.
    As for female ethereals; slimmer, more feminine body shape? They already have male shapes and talk with masculine voices, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Then you might want to stop playing Human characters.
    Eww, you got Darwin in my WoW mythos. The Titans didn't shape Vrykul from apes, they were forged from cold steel in the Halls of Lightning.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Ogre:
    >Warrior
    >Warlock
    >Shaman
    >Hunter
    >Priest

Arrakoa:
    >Warrior
    >Rogue
    >Mage
    >Warlock
    >Shaman
    >Hunter
    Man, that's not very generous. I'd actually give both of them DK (At LEAST Ogre come on!) and give both of them Monk. They need more options than that.

Also, since the setting is right for a new class, give them both access to that. 9 class options when there are 12 is technically less than Worgen/Goblins had. I'm also fairly sure I stabbed a few Arrakoa Priests in BC.

didn't the leak post say that their was going to be a sharable class. What was akama's race, it would have to be a both faction interactive class so maybe that

Akama is a Broken Draenei of the Ashtongue Clan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    A completely new never-seen-before race would be waved off as a 'total ass pull'. Dunno if draenei really count 'cause they basically just merged the WC3 draenei lost ones and eredar.
    As for female ethereals; slimmer, more feminine body shape? They already have male shapes and talk with masculine voices, so yeah.
    There are several fan arts of female ethereals, and they certainly do look good :P

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...16io1_1280.png

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Nexus-...h-WIP-58711225
    Last edited by Azalar; 2013-11-02 at 03:48 PM.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Exactly. You think anyone is going to give a shit about Arrakoa or Ogres or Ethereals if we got new Human, Orc, Dwarf, Troll, and NE models?

I just don't see Blizzard wasting their time doing that. Also, could you imagine if we had 8 new vanilla models, two new races, but no new models for Dranei and Blood Elves? People would be ticked off.
    Guess what, I don't give a flying shit about new vanilla race models that will likely not appear until patch 6.1. Since Blizzard states that in all likeliness that they'll be rolling out the new vanilla models through tht expansion, and that they lkikely won't have them all ready before the expansion launches, I'd prefer a new race to roll and race change my characters to if I like them enough right out the bat rather than wait till halfwya through the expansion to see iof any of the old races look good enough to race change to.

Quote Originally Posted by KryoDrix View Post
    didn't the leak post say that their was going to be a sharable class. What was akama's race, it would have to be a both faction interactive class so maybe that
    Class or race? If its class, well, that's not surprising. Both factions have DKs and Monks so...

If its a race, I doubt it, since there was a blue post a few months ago that expressed they weren't too happy with neutral races, and only did Pandaren that way so no one would be denied playing one.

Arakkoa:
    - Priest
    - Shaman
    - Warrior
    - Paladin
    - Rogue
    - Mage
    - Hunter
    - Druid or Monk

Probably their classes. Wouldn't give them warlocks because they don't care for the demons that much.

Ogres:
    - Warriors
    - Shamans
    - Warlocks
    - Death Knights (canon, there are Ogre Death Knights)
    - Hunter
    - Priest
    - Mage
    - Monk

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

The problem with Ethereals is that once you try to give them expressive faces they'll end up looking like some kind of parody of the Yummy Mummy.