Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    And what if your failure to factor in intent to whether or not something is good or evil was deliberate and you're trying to make a strawman argument?
    But is intent worth the consequences of the action? That's why the generally accepted practice with time travel is you don't change anything.

It's why at the end of the Thrall instance Nozdormu resets everything to the way it should be at that point by wiping your party from memory.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I really REALLY don't want the main story arc to be based on time travel. It's a terrible TERRIBLE cop out on things, brings nothing new to the overall progression of the story and will be a blatant attempt at arbitrarily extending WoW's lifteime; I can promise you one thing though, if it IS time travel based just in an attempt to bring back old and familiar characters, it will fail. People prefer familiar characters AND story progression, not one or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ah, you just mean adding in the NPC outside the Dark Portal explaining that you're going back in time, basically.
    Well technically not at the Dark Portal as I believe Outland will be moved to lvl 90-100 and the level range for the Old World increased. But at the docks/zeppelin tower going to Northrend yes. I predict/hope the level flow goes like this:

>1-10: Arrakoa and Ogre zones. Set in the past but at the end of them you're sent forwards to Cata time.
    >1-70: Old world Cata zones (including Draenei and Belf zones set during Cata time.).
    >70-80: Northrend via time travel
    >80-85: Cata zones
    >85-90: Pandaria
    >90-100: Revamped Outland and Old Draenor, Outland acting as a sort of hub/side continent for the action on Old Draenor. The story would involve shifting backwards and forwards in time at key points.

I'm guessing that Wrathion will go back to old Draenor with the help of Garrosh, the bronze dragonflight traitor and the hourglass (stolen) to try to unite an army strong enough to defeat the Legion in the coming war. We will follow him back in time in order to prevent the unravelling of history.

1. Both the Alliance and Horde are weaker than they were at the start of the expansion, and time is running out. At this point Wrathion is obviously very desperate to find a way to prepare the world, and neither the Alliance or Horde are viable options after the events of SoO. What other armies are near strong enough to be prepared for the legion in the current timeline?

2. The Timewalkers flashforward, where we see Anduin speaking to a prisoned Garrosh. Many people think this is a disguised Wrathion, and I tend to agree. Perhaps it was the only way he could get some alone time with Garrosh without creating suspicion?

3. I can easily see Wrathion attempting to completely destroy the current timeline in hopes of preventing the oncoming war. His moral compass is clearly quite warped, considering he orchestrated the extermination of his entire dragonflight, then immediately began to pit two superpowers against each other in hopes of inspiring a genocide. If he perceives something as being for the "greater good", he has shown that he has no issues doing anything required to do it. We are just pawns to him, and after the events of MoP and SoO we've been taken off the chessboard in Wrathion's eyes.

Wrathion: To do what is right, no matter the cost. That is wisdom.
    Yu'lon: But true wisdom comes from KNOWING what is right. And sometimes, DOING nothing at all.
    Wrathion: When is it ever wise not to act for the greater good?

Wrathion: I promise you this. I will stop at nothing to prepare this world for the battle to come.
    Wrathion: I will leave nothing to chance.
    Wrathion: NOTHING!

Wrathion: A divided Azeroth cannot possibly stand against the darkness.

Wrathion: The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth. Seas of blood, cities in ruins! Who are we - one divided world - to stand against a legion? You speak of hope. Believe me, the thinnest silver of belief that we might somehow survive the coming devastation is all that sustains me.

4. Many of you have mentioned that it makes no sense for us to travel back in time and mess with the timeways, and I agree. There's no way that Blizzard would have our characters do something so morally uncomfortable, not to mention something that would completely destroy the lore of the game. This is why the goal of the expansion will be to prevent Wrathion from doing so. Obviously with time travel nothing will end up exactly how it was initially, but it's the difference between minor lore changes and the entire history of Warcraft being re-written.
    Last edited by Loneli; 2013-11-02 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Well technically not at the Dark Portal as I believe Outland will be moved to lvl 90-100 and the level range for the Old World increased. But at the docks/zeppelin tower going to Northrend yes. I predict/hope the level flow goes like this:

>1-10: Arrakoa and Ogre zones. Set in the past but at the end of them you're sent forwards to Cata time.
    >1-70: Old world Cata zones (including Draenei and Belf zones set during Cata time.).
    >70-80: Northrend via time travel
    >80-85: Cata zones
    >85-90: Pandaria
    >90-100: Revamped Outland and Old Draenor, Outland acting as a sort of hub/side continent for the action on Old Draenor. The story would involve shifting backwards and forwards in time at key points.
    I think it's way too much work to totally redo the leveling spread of the Old World again.

More likely they'd just plop Chromie outside the Dark Portal and at the Docks of SW/ORG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I really REALLY don't want the main story arc to be based on time travel. It's a terrible TERRIBLE cop out on things, brings nothing new to the overall progression of the story and will be a blatant attempt at arbitrarily extending WoW's lifteime; I can promise you one thing though, if it IS time travel based just in an attempt to bring back old and familiar characters, it will fail. People prefer familiar characters AND story progression, not one or the other.
    I think you should check out "Jumping the shark" the definition fits what Time Travel WoW would be to the letter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh another theory for the time travel crowd. What if our actions on the timeless isle screw something up and the past is somehow fused with the present as an odd point of convergence? The story would be continuing forward, the events would have meaning still to our characters and the other heroes. Yet we would have to deal with events of the past and possibly alter them in such a way that orcs and humans never clashed. This way they could come together without all the hatred of their pasts and create the army of light. We would have to deal with outland still being used by the Legion as it were in TBC, but this time the "present" demons are headed there making it all the more dangerous a place to leave connected to Azeroth.

There will be a new race that will be glitchy as fuck with limbs clipping through shoulder armor and holding weapons in a weird way, as Blizzard is in full Lazy Mode.

Deleted
    Another part of Draenor which is not Outland was invaded by the legion after the sundering of the planet. As wrathion warned the legion is coming to Azeroth. So the plan of the legion is to collide this part of Draenor into Azeroth crating a new continent (the expansion, it has been said that the cata system of zones didn't like them so a new continent is needed) The fall of this continent will be patch 5.5 (skyfall) Turalion and Alleria survived all of this and will help us (we will need their help as stated by blizz) No new races and sure no neutral race.

That's my bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive googled the shit out of this, by why Grommash instead of Grom? I understand that Grommash is his full name, but why did that one "leak" thread make it seem like the name Grom was unusable anymore?

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Ive googled the shit out of this, by why Grommash instead of Grom? I understand that Grommash is his full name, but why did that one "leak" thread make it seem like the name Grom was unusable anymore?
    Some people think it's related to the 2014 Honda Grom. Doesn't make much sense to me as they're completely different things, plus I'm pretty sure Blizzard has a decent legal case for the use of the name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Personally I think it's because Grom isn't the character, but the species of giants once native to Draenor. There'd be no issue with Grom's name, but naming a race Grom could bring up issues.

Personally I think it's because Grom isn't the character, but the species of giants once native to Draenor. There'd be no issue with Grom's name, but naming a race Grom could bring up issues.
    Weren't they called Gronn?

http://wowpedia.org/Gronn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Weren't they called Gronn?
    Signature has a full link to details, but Gronn and Grom are different things.

Gronn were tall, rocky, and had one eye. Grom were taller still, seemingly humanoid, and had two eyes. Their bones were used to make the original Temple of the Damned on Draenor, which served as the inspiration for all Scourge architecture.

Signature has a full link to details, but Gronn and Grom are different things.

Gronn were tall, rocky, and had one eye. Grom were taller still, seemingly humanoid, and had two eyes. Their bones were used to make the original Temple of the Damned on Draenor, which served as the inspiration for all Scourge architecture.
    Oh thats interesting, never heard of them before, wonder if thats where Grom Hellscream got his name from. Thanks for that, interesting read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oh thats interesting, never heard of them before, wonder if thats where Grom Hellscream got his name from. Thanks for that, interesting read.
    Grom could mean "Giant" and Grommash could be something like "Giant Warrior"

Grom could mean "Giant" and Grommash could be something like "Giant Warrior"
    Aye it certainly makes sense giving that it's an orcish word. Amazing how much new info comes to light when speculation is on overload near Blizzcon, I'd have never known any of this stuff

Whatever the expansion turns out to be, it's certainly been fun to read everyones ideas on it!

Deleted
    I think it's way too much work to totally redo the leveling spread of the Old World again.

More likely they'd just plop Chromie outside the Dark Portal and at the Docks of SW/ORG.
    Not at all, it just involves adjusting some numbers in the higher level zones. Seeing as they're already doing the item squish this is the perfect time to do it. Outland needs a revamp - next year it will be older than Azeroth was when it got redone. The quest design is too poor in comparison to the other zones. However it can't stay in the same place because a.) even with time travel it creates a very convoluted, back and forth plot, and b.) the last time they spent a large amount of resources on low level areas didn't go down so well.

10+ Year Old Account
    My prediction: Warlords of Draenor is not the title of the next expansion, but a different Warcraft game. (Of course I thought the same about MoP, so who knows? )
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    People prefer familiar characters AND story progression, not one or the other.
    I would actually prefer past Draenor over story progression at the moment. Don't forget that it also holds many familiar characters and can be part of story progression in a way but not too much. Instead it will have a story of its own.

Deleted
    I don't buy into this cheesy named fishy trademark. The expansion will be The Dark Below. And we WILL get a new class that's NOT the Tinker.