Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Do you guys think, the next level cap for pets will be 30? Or they will remain at 25?
    So that means leveling again for so many pets.

Not a grind I spent much time on. Just not my type of game play and find it harder than raiding which than again doesnt require much thinking.

I really enjoy 'em, most of the time. I didn't really do many pre-5.4, maybe levelled a couple to 7 or 8 and that's about it. Since 5.4 though, I've levelled ~50 to 25. I do the Pandaren Spirits and Beasts of Fable almost daily (damn I hate Dos-Ryga!). Still not tried the Celestial Tournament yet, but must be close to being able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exceeed View Post
    Do you guys think, the next level cap for pets will be 30? Or they will remain at 25?
    So that means leveling again for so many pets.
    That would actually be good.

If they make the leveling process something more than just grinding fights (don't know how, have to think) - that would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    He asked our opinions of pet battles, I gave my opinion. I don't see what is so hard here. I think they are useless and a waste of dev time to make. That's great that you like them, I don't.
    Fair enough. To each his own, don't see why people are bashing you for this.

I only tried them a little bit, fun to spend a few hours on when nothing else to do. Hopefully something that will stay in game. Can totally see where others are coming from, doesn't matter what team its made by, it is a use of resources.

Deleted
    I've gone through phases of loving them and just not bothering. Then the celestial tournament came out and I just cant stop!

Hope they continue with it and keep adding content for it, also the raiding for leashes achievements were fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    So you don't like it, therefor it's a waste of the devs time?

You seem to be lacking basic logic, you should obtain it sometime. You truly are an ignorant, self centered fool.

If we were to get rid of things that weren't popular lets phase out heroic raiding, waste of dev time, is a breeding ground the most ignorant elitists in the game and only an extremely small percentage of the player-base participates in it.
    And it would be fine for you to think that because it isn't important for you. Hell, people post that all the time and it doesn't matter. People will post what they want to see the game become which is where feedback even comes from and it is up to Blizzard to make the call on what they should or shouldn't do.

I'm not trying to win a humanity award here. I want a better game for me and my friends. I don't overly care about "you". So things I/we don't like, I don't want to see more time go in to them. I'd rather that effort/money/time/whatever, go in to things I find more fun and exciting.

My thoughts are very logically if you break them down. If something doesn't benefit/help/do positive things for you, why would you want to pay for them?

Deleted
    Personal opinion, of course:

I enjoyed them to a degree, but eventually the RNG started getting to me. If I can't win a battle after 10+ tries because of bad RNG (lots of misses/crits against me) I stop pet battles for a few weeks because it has an unhealthy influence on my life, e.g. I'm more stressed, more annoyed and angrier. I'd rather not be angry because of some pet battles. As soon as I get angry in real life because of a game, I stop whatever is causing it.

There's even more things that annoy me, e.g. needing a certain pet to be rare and a certain breed to defeat a certain pet - trying to find the right wild rare specific breed is taking me too long, and my luck with pet battle stones is that I only ever get critter stones, if at all. So that's RNG again.

My boyfriend is enjoying it though. He's going all out Pokémaster. I can't even get myself to level a pet. Haha.

I stick to the ones I can get from quests/raids/AH. The others can go and f*ck themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found up to level 20 a lot of fun, but then I felt levelling went a lot slower and I kept needing to hunt for the right battles or get destroyed by constant poison beasts. I guess its finding the right spot to farm until level 25. Its a realy decent addition to wow.

Pet battles are great - but leveling 600 pets takes just too long. They need to come up with a quicker way to level your pets if you already have many 25 pets.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts are very logically if you break them down. If something doesn't benefit/help/do positive things for you, why would you want to pay for them?
    Illogical to conclude something is a waste of development time because you don't like it though. If something doesn't benefit/help/do positive things, doesnt make it a waste of time to develop for other people. Its only logical to conclude you find an addition a waste of time for you.

Miss , crit , ragequit. Thats how I remember them.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

A waste of development time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also a really easy way to gain lesser charms, which is a plus for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it would be fine for you to think that because it isn't important for you. Hell, people post that all the time and it doesn't matter. People will post what they want to see the game become which is where feedback even comes from and it is up to Blizzard to make the call on what they should or shouldn't do.

I'm not trying to win a humanity award here. I want a better game for me and my friends. I don't overly care about "you". So things I/we don't like, I don't want to see more time go in to them. I'd rather that effort/money/time/whatever, go in to things I find more fun and exciting.

I don't pet battle, don't really raid heroics either although I'd like to back into that scene. I prefer to defend everybody's right to have a great all-round experience. I don't despise any one aspect of the game and wish it would go away to support another aspect.

I believe that anyone that does hold this belief is a self centered ass that forget the game is made to cater to millions of players, not just a few hundred thousand.
    Last edited by Ineko; 2013-11-03 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    pet battles replaced all other aspects of the game. you cannot be a good raider if you are not a great pet battle master.

I mostly like the collecting part and don't care too much for the actual battles. Levelling a pet also takes too long. I've levelled my pets mostly by abusing how easy Farmer Nishi is with the right pets. Which is also another thing I don't like, some pets are just down-right terrible and others are too strong or have too much synergy with other pets. The trainers aren't as much skill-based and more about getting the right pets.

I did enough pet battles to get Zookeeper but after that I haven't really touched it, I can see why people like it but I'm not a big fan of it.

Deleted
    it's coool, but boring after a while, still need some work.

For me it killed the pet collecting. Before MoP I was quite close to 150 pets, but now I cba flying around in every zone fighting an absolute ton of pets with this really boring system. I've never been a fan of turn-based fighting - Heroes is probably the only game I like where they use it. Pokemon, FF, forget it. Most of the pets are also really boring critters, so that doesn't exactly help with the motivation to collect them.

So yeah, for me personally it's just wasted development time that could have been put into something else.