Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coincidence that this is on the front page today. Just talked to an old friend and he said this is all he has played for a few weeks and he really enjoys it. Plan on getting it through the steam sale tonight and trying it.

They took the good things about Titan Quest and made it better. I really have enjoyed it so far

10+ Year Old Account
    I got it awhile back, saw it was content complete tried it again. I just can't get into it. I hate quests in my ARPGs.

There is an ARPG without quests? Honest question, as every ARPG I've ever played (and I've played a ton of them) all had quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks decent, but I just seem CRAZY point starved whenever I try a build... I barely have enough to get all the skills from a single tree I like, let alone what for me is was the difining aspect of TQ, class mixing with a level cap of 85...

However I've heard rumblings on the net that the intended level cap is closer to 200 than it is to 60, IF that does happen, then sign me up.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2015-12-30 at 03:36 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The current level cap is 85 in Grim Dawn as well.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The current level cap is 85 in Grim Dawn as well.
    But for each level you got 3 skill points.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    But for each level you got 3 skill points.
    Up to level 50, after 50 you receive 2 skill points per level.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    There is an ARPG without quests? Honest question, as every ARPG I've ever played (and I've played a ton of them) all had quests.
    This one has quests thrown about like an MMO. Quests in ARPGs are usually pretty linear, the ones in Grim Dawn require fully exploring what I think is a boring world.

I like the character progression and the gameplay is typical, I just think the game is to tied to questing.

Deleted
    I played it and requested a refund, it was plain boring. Perhaps maybe I played in a beta phase, build 26, but I remember it was right before the shaman announcement. Ofc, ARPG games are repeatable, but this Game just gave me the "yawns"

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    This one has quests thrown about like an MMO. Quests in ARPGs are usually pretty linear, the ones in Grim Dawn require fully exploring what I think is a boring world.

I like the character progression and the gameplay is typical, I just think the game is to tied to questing.
    Yeah, I've been playing about 6 hours of Grim Dawn the last few days, and I can honestly say that the questing is what ruins the game. I much prefer the D3/Path of Exile questing.

Deleted

Cool

Wow this game ...has come a looong way...
    I was playing the early days of the alpha in summer 2013, with an unfinished Act 1, revisited it for a weekend early 2014.
    2 Years later this game is s whole new experience: Devotions? Components? Factions? Revisited Crafting? Augments? Constitution? Veteran Mode!? Bravo crate, I really wished Titan Quest and Diablo2 LOD may have to move someday from my personal podest. This might happen, finally.

I am glad I could ignore the itch to play this until a build 30+ was done so I did not spoil anything for me (but most of Act I).

Multiplayer and slick brain-afk mainstream online farming with buddies, pushing Grifts and numbers? Diablo 3
    Solo oldschool ARPG with challenges, individual skills and attributes and farming for unique loot and playing around with tons of classes and farming stuff and getting lost in killing monsters and exploring for hours - also possible with buddies: Grim Dawn.
    Finally!

Now I just have to convince my D3 and D2 (Median CL Ultimative Mod) buddies to test/try out Grim Dawn.

Said and done, I asked a buddy las evening "hey, remember 1997 when we got lost in Diablo 1?! There is this Game called Grim Dawn now, lets create lvl 1 chars and play some quests before we call it a night", because at age 39 we are old farts now and won't make it past 0:00 AM after a week of work and getting up 5:00 AM every day.

What started at 21:30 PM ended with exploring every inch of the map and a lvl 22 Warlock and lvl 22 Trickster after killing the Warden at 03:00 AM

Grim Dawn sucked us in, we lost time and we ignored our bodies shouts for sleep.
    We felt like 20 again in 1997.
    Crate gave us what no other game was able to give for almost two decades.
    Our wives will make fun of us because we will be tired all saturday, but it was worth it, loot was great and all I can think of now is where to find 3 Dynamite for that Flooded Passage stoneblock?

Grim Dawn is a fantastic game. I've been playing Early Access since last year and I've made dozens of builds. After Elite and Ultimate difficulties launched I've finished Ultimate on 2 characters and I'm going to start my 3rd.

The OP hasn't been updated in a while so I can tell you some more of the features of the game.

-> The game is spread across 4 acts, but the developers have repeatedly stated that they do not actually use this terminology and the game is intended to be one complete adventure, starting from Devil's Crossing until the Necropolis.
    -> You start off with one Mastery such as Soldier, Arcanist, etc, and can choose a secondary Mastery at level 10. Choosing the secondary Mastery is entirely optional, but current balance dictates that single Mastery setups are at a major disadvantage to dual Mastery setups.
    -> There are a variety of builds for each Mastery, and Masteries can be combined to make several builds. Want to make a Melee 2H Physical damage spec? Go Soldier and Shaman to make a 2H Savagery auto attack build or Cadence or Blade Arc, etc. Want to make a DW Pierce/Physical damage spec? Go Soldier and Nightblade to make use of Nightblade DW skills and synergize with physical/pierce and attack speed boosts from Soldier.

Basically one Mastery provides the attacks and the other provides synergy and utility, as stated in the examples above.
    -> Almost every weapon can be used in several builds. Rifles/Pistols are used in Physical/Pierce/Fire/Lightning/Chaos builds. 1H Axes/Swords/Maces are used in Nightblade builds. Scepters are used in Caster builds, etc.
    -> There are 3 main stats - Physique, which boosts HP, HP Regen, etc. Cunning, which boosts Pierce Damage, Offensive Advantage(Sort of like Hit and Crit chance). Spirit boosts Energy, Energy regen and magical damage. Stats are sort of imbalanced now as Physique is highly prioritized to survive Ultimate, but Cunning and Spirit are still extremely powerful.
    -> Yes, Grim Dawn is a very linear quest dependent game, but there are loads of side quests which involve exploring non-mandatory areas, killing bosses, making moral decisions which have an impact later on, etc.
    -> The lore isn't very rich. The game is set in a time when humanity has been spent fighting major wars, and then making mistakes which led to an Aetherial invasion(They're spirit like creatures from another dimension), and to a Chthonian invasion(Sort of like WoW's Old Gods) to thwart the Aetherials. There's also a lot of infighting, human marauders preying on the populace, a variety of beasts, as well as undead armies inside doomed cities and catacombs. There are plenty of lore letters that drop to give you an idea of what happened and what is happening, and even some tales that make you sort of cry and empathize with what happened in the world.
    -> Three main difficulties - Veteran, Elite and Ultimate. Elite and Ultimate are significantly harder than their predecessors with resistance reductions, increased enemy damage and health. Ultimate is much harder than Elite and requires both good gear and brains to take on the difficulty i.e the first mini-boss can one shot you in Ultimate if you're not careful or didn't gear properly.
    -> The best part I feel about this game is that bugfixes, updates, and proper developer-player discussions happen frequently i.e daily. The developers have a great sense of humour and have been in the gaming industry for more than a decade. The TQ engine is quite robust and can handle quite a lot of modification. Several players have already expressed an interest in modding and the developers are extremely supportive and will probably also be creating a modding software when the game is fully released.
    -> A variety of items ranging from Whites to Legendaries. Lower leveled Epics get an Empowered version at a higher level. Sets exist both as an Epic and Empowered Epic and Legendary variety, and cater to several builds.
    -> Multiplayer is currently tuned only around 4 players and there are no dedicated servers. The devs have stated that if they have enough money(about a million dollars), they will set up dedicated servers.

I've had a blast playing this game. It's also fairly cheap. The start may be a bit overwhelming, but once you finish the first act i.e kill The Warden, you'll get a fairly good idea of the game.

Ask me anything about this game. I have plenty of knowledge and can answer most, if not all questions.

Deleted
    Any news on when it's getting released?

Some time this month. So very soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
    I played it and requested a refund, it was plain boring. Perhaps maybe I played in a beta phase, build 26, but I remember it was right before the shaman announcement. Ofc, ARPG games are repeatable, but this Game just gave me the "yawns"
    This is really why I'm on the fence with this. Titan Quest was incredibly dull to me - tried to play it 4 times I think, never got past level 15. That at least had a somewhat unique setting but this seems generic grimdark fantasy tbh.

Release set for Thursday (25th Feb)!

Source

Really good game.
    Pleasantly surprised.

Deleted

Thumbs up

BUY GRIM DAWN please if you did not already. What an amazing oldschool solo ARPG experience

@ Ratyrel, maybe you will enjoy the "theme" of Grim Dawn more. While many loved the Titan Mythology stuff, some could not care less.
    I claim GD is more D2 that TQ ever was.
    Last edited by mmoc06f8203238; 2016-02-25 at 03:03 PM.

The only thing that is annoying me is the cursor.
    When you're kiting a boss or whatever, it's so hard to see.

Kind of blends in with the background.

My Pyro build is coming a long well. Veteran seems too easy though?