Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsomerman View Post
    In short, I would be unhappy with any of these. We don't need the biggest living heroes of the alliance to go neutral. The alliance has nothing left! All we've been given is varian... and we all know he's not a worthy hero seeing as his story has sucked for the most part. Alleria hated orcs (and by association anything that involved their horde) so much that she was blinded by rage to the point of throwing her life away so she could kill more. It makes zero sense that she would join the blood elves simply because they allied themselves with those same orcs. In fact, she has more of a reason to not be neutral than Turalyon does. If one of them dies, it had better be during the expansion - not already dead on arrival. I want to see an epic moment. And of course, if they're not even included it would just be a sure fire way of saying three horde/orc centric expansions in a row. I'd rather not have to pilot an electronic bunny around to watch what Grom/Garrosh is doing again.
    To be honest, I don't really care about Alleria. She is not a really good character herself. Varian is far better than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I'm sorry, but we are talking about Vereesa here. The cunt that hates Belfs with a passion. I'm sure her sister won't like what she's been up to. And considering why Belfs left the alliance (FO Alliance apologists trying to divert the balme), why the hell would she even go back there. Besides she's got another sister, as bad as she is, she became the Banshee Quuen by giving her life in the defense of her home. Unlike that angry little girl, Vereesa who hates her own kind.

So yeah, have Veressa, but Alleria should go back to her real home.
    I AM talking about Alleria.

She would have to betray Vereesa in order to join the Horde or go Neutral. She would not cut her last familial bond for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    if they went neutral like Thrall did (ugh).
    A. Our PRINCE went neutral.
    B. Thrall is the leader of the Orcs on the HORDE again. So no, he's not neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    1) Turalyon and Alleria follow the path of Tirion/Rhonin, and become neutral to the Horde, for the greater good.
    2) Turalyon is still Alliance but Alleria finds out about what happened to her kingdom and the Blood Elves, and decides to join Lor'themar.
    3) We find out that one of them is dead, or dies in the process of the expansion.
    4) They don't show up at all, for another expansion.
    1. i would facepalm about as hard as i did when we got malfurion back
    2. hrm, wouldn't like it, unless she and lor'themar makes the bloodelves join the alliance (continue where varian & Lor'themar stopped. something would need to be done with Jaina tho)
    3. depends on how its handled. anything for a good story ^_^
    4. http://img.pandawhale.com/39559-OP-w...just-4lFx.jpeg <-- my reaction
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall never went neutral. He just stepped down from leadership.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) Expecting it, and I'd rather have it that way to be honest.
    2.) Would not bother me too much, though I'll be shocked if that occurs.
    3.)... Depends on how they handle it. I'd rather have them die in the process of the expansion rather than find out they've been dead the entire time.
    4.) Annoyed but I'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    You're adorable Horde player.
    No, I just hate when respective faction heroes go neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Thrall is the leader of the Orcs on the HORDE again. So no, he's not neutral.
    But he WAS neutral. Notice how I said "did."

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    He went neutral. He became the leader of the Earthen Ring, a neutral faction, in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Alliance fanboy - Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

1. Kind of annoyed.
    2. Awesome.
    3. Fuck off, really?
    4. Madness.

1 pissed

2 pissed

3 pissed

4 pissed if its a legion xpac without them

As Horde, I want Alliance to have them. Alleria can be concerned for Sylvanas and Quel'thalas, even so far as to investigate them and maybe even try to make things better for them. Like Anduin did stuff on his own in MoP.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I seriously think that they could do a time jump to WC2:Beyond the Dark Portal times via Bronze/Infinite Dragonflight, where we have to help the heroes gather the artifacts that Gul'dan used to tear Draenor apart.
    They can't do that.

It'd wreck the existing timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwaus View Post
    I am horde and I do not want them to become neutral, the horde should develop their own heroes again.
    Spot on.

Misappropriating existing Alliance heroes into neutrality is a solution neither side want. Personally, as an erstwhile Horde player, the fact we're going back to Draenor makes me keep saying one name.

Varok Saurfang.

According to the developers, he did go neutral. There were a lot of complaints that a Horde leader was essentially taking charge of the Alliance, and the blues were very quick to point out that Thrall was a neutral, "everyone" hero. In fact, I think that's why Turalyon and Alleria will remain Alliance... The backlash from Thrall in Cataclysm taught Blizzard a lesson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    They can't do that.

It'd wreck the existing timeline.

Spot on.

Misappropriating existing Alliance heroes into neutrality is a solution neither side want. Personally, as an erstwhile Horde player, the fact we're going back to Draenor makes me keep saying one name.

Varok Saurfang.

According to the developers, he did go neutral. There were a lot of complaints that a Horde leader was essentially taking charge of the Alliance, and the blues were very quick to point out that Thrall was a neutral, "everyone" hero. In fact, I think that's why Turalyon and Alleria will remain Alliance... The backlash from Thrall in Cataclysm taught Blizzard a lesson.
    He still identified himself with the Horde throughout the expansion. So while the developers said one thing, he was presented differently in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    She would have to betray her people and one of her last family bonds for no reason to join the Alliance.
    Her people are the High elves. The Blood elves have sided with the Horde (a faction Alleria hates), and absorbed demon magic (Alleria hates demons). I couldn't see her gravitating towards the Horde, but I could see some interesting interactions between her and Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would 2 happen? Vereesa isn't exactly a big fan of the Horde, so why would Alleria be? They're both pretty much in the same situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    If one of these happen :

1) Turalyon and Alleria follow the path of Tirion/Rhonin, and become neutral to the Horde, for the greater good.
    2) Turalyon is still Alliance but Alleria finds out about what happened to her kingdom and the Blood Elves, and decides to join Lor'themar.
    3) We find out that one of them is dead, or dies in the process of the expansion.
    4) They don't show up at all, for another expansion.

If you want my personal opinion on this, i'd like both of them to show up and join the Alliance. Damn, they even have their own statues in Stormwind, to me they are two important heroes of the Alliance.
    But i have this feeling...that Alleria will choose to protect her kingdom, Quel'Thalas.
    I guess it'll be a tough decision for her : To stay with her husband and her sister Vereesa , or fight for Quel'Thalas...and join her other sister, Sylvanas.
    1. Nope.
    2. Nope.
    3. Nope. (Don't see this happening given the demand for the return of them though)
    4. Nope.

As I've said elsewhere, its more important to me - much more important - that the story serve the needs of the gameplay. I love the lore but if I had to choose, I'd rather be able to log on and have a fun game to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    If the 'biggest living heroes of the alliance' are people who are missing and not even part of the alliance then you have a problem as a faction.

Are you forgetting that Sylvanas is also family?
    She would have to betray her people and one of her last family bonds for no reason to join the Alliance.
    !?! They are Alliance? Turalyon and Alleria belong to the Alliance expedition. They are missing yea, but they are Alliance. Do you remember Alleria's Stronghold in Outland? An Alliance base full of High Elves.

Sylvanas is family but she is nothing like her old self. Why Alleria abandon her husband, her LIVING sister Veressa, and her real people, the High Elves for the Blood Elves and an undead sister that hates everything. Also, Alleria HATES the Horde with passion.

Also Alleria joined the Alliance of Lordaeron despite being ordered not to, by the ruling class of Quel'Thalas.

I'm pretty sure, in her eyes she cut off ties when she went to Southshore to join the fight against The Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    He still identified himself with the Horde throughout the expansion. So while the developers said one thing, he was presented differently in the game.
    No, I agree with you, what I'm saying is that he was sold as neutral; that's how he was written... And nobody liked it.

I don't think they'll deal with major (and popular) characters in that way again.

10+ Year Old Account
    1,2 Yes ... fuck this trend of every major alliance hero going neutral ... besides Alleria is a High elf ... she has no ties with Lor'Themar...
    3 not if it's explained well, if it's a lame ass explanation then yeah. And 4 no.

- - - Updated - - -

!?! They are Alliance? Turalyon and Alleria belong to the Alliance expedition. They are missing yea, but they are Alliance. Do you remember Alleria's Stronghold in Outland? An Alliance base full of High Elves.

Sylvanas is family but she is nothing like her old self. Why Alleria abandon her husband, her LIVING sister Veressa, and her real people, the High Elves for the Blood Elves and an undead sister that hates everything. Also, Alleria HATES the Horde with passion.

Also Alleria joined the Alliance of Lordaeron despite being ordered not to, by the ruling class of Quel'Thalas.

I'm pretty sure, in her eyes she cut off ties when she went to Southshore to join the fight against The Horde.
    In all fairness she hates the old horde(aka orcs)... I doubt she even knows about the current one. Or that one of her sisters is now an abomination.. a sexy, crazy abomination...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    1,2 Yes ... fuck this trend of every major alliance hero going neutral ... besides Alleria is a High elf ... she has no ties with Lor'Themar...
    3 not if it's explained well, if it's a lame ass explanation then yeah. And 4 no.

- - - Updated - - -

In all fairness she hates the old horde(aka orcs)... I doubt she even knows about the current one. Or that one of her sisters is now an abomination.. a sexy, crazy abomination...
    Still, he has a point..i see no reason joining even the new Horde and leave all these behind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    1. Nope.
    2. Nope.
    3. Nope. (Don't see this happening given the demand for the return of them though)
    4. Nope.

As I've said elsewhere, its more important to me - much more important - that the story serve the needs of the gameplay. I love the lore but if I had to choose, I'd rather be able to log on and have a fun game to play.
    Right... this excuse again. It's a good thing that the story can be decent while having good gameplay. I mean why have 1 or 2 when we can give Turalyon and Alleria to the alliance and have some horde characters take the spotlight for horde players? We can easily have some horde characters like Varok Saurfang, Aethas Sunreaver, BAINE BLOODHOOF and even Garrosh if he can be redeemed. I know that some people don't like Garrosh but I think that he can be developed to real redeemed badass like his father. His father was an idiot but eventually he redeemed himself when he killed Mannoroth.Plus, I do not remember any boss being redeemed so that would be a first!

The horde have plenty of storyline potential and I don't want them to go through what we Alliance went through with Thrall so I would definitely not like it if they are involved in any major way with Alleria and Turalyon.