Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    7.6 as opposed to the 7 or less I was expecting. I'm actually amazed. Though this begs the question, if the tanks didn't quit the game, why are they nearly impossible to find in queues?
    Easy, they're enjoying playing DPS or other elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Im pretty sure we will be in next expansion beta by then
    Honestly we might be near or in the next expansion at that point. *crosses fingers*

Indeed less than I expected. Gj blizzard?

Well "only" 100k is indeed low for a drop and thus can be seen as "good", but actually it can't be a company's target to "lose not so many customers". They have to increase on subs if they want to impress, however that's probably not very realistic outside of an xpac launch. So yeah, no matter how low the drop was it's still a drop, and drops mean bad publicity and unhappy investors.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easy, they're enjoying playing DPS or other elements
    But why? What drove them not just to play a different role, but cease tanking altogether?

Just wondering because this is probably the biggest issue facing the game right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Well "only" 100k is indeed low for a drop and thus can be seen as "good", but actually it can't be a company's target to "lose not so many customers". They have to increase on subs if they want to impress, however that's probably not very realistic outside of an xpac launch. So yeah, no matter how low the drop was it's still a drop, and drops mean bad publicity and unhappy investors.
    Considering Blizz said earlier this year to expect a steeper drop in subs later in the year, this is great news.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Q3 runs July through September. So it would have had the first few weeks of SoO. Not likely enough for people to really flood back, though.
    It's the same as DS releasing in early December of 2011 and Q4 2011 ending on December 31st. They lost 100k subs that quarter. Q1 2012 they lost another 100k. Q2 2012 1.1 million. Just saying that correlations can be drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Activision stock has increased 56% just this year alone. I think the investors are in a good place right now. I don't think they are foolish enough to think WoW will only grow, I am sure they realize WoW has matured and the peak is over. So they are more than likely diversifying their business and trying to find more revenue streams instead of relaying on WoW.

100k loss is nothing. It's actually a massive improvement that they stopped the bleeding of subs.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    It's the same as DS releasing in early December of 2011 and Q4 2011 ending on December 31st. They lost 100k subs that quarter. Q1 2012 they lost another 100k. Q2 2012 1.1 million. Just saying that correlations can be drawn.
    Yeah. Tiers tend to have a hard lifespan of 6 months before the subs really start to tumble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    100k loss is nothing. It's actually a massive improvement that they stopped the bleeding of subs.
    They haven't stopped bleeding yet. But it no longer looks like a limb got cut off. Maybe just a finger now.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    They didnt start mass banning bots yet. That would probaly be another 500k subs.
    Doubt it. Bot accounts are banned and recreated all the time, that's just background noise that is always there.

As for the game you will see a huge decrease pretty soon. My guild went from active 30 players to 10 in just 20 days.
    I don't think those 20 people are going to show up in the figures lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Treacherous View Post
    there's still a couple of million people to raid and enjoy playing with. let me know when wow reaches 5 subs or when blizzard announce they are taking the servers down permanently
    Maybe then I can finally get my freaking DMF arena trinket finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    But why? What drove them not just to play a different role, but cease tanking altogether?

Just wondering because this is probably the biggest issue facing the game right now.
    the community maybe? the pain in the ass it is to deal with assholes?

i havent played since mid way thru Cata so i have no experience with lfr, but i remember running the dungeon queue finder on my dk and while not every instance was full of assholes the negative easily outweighed the positive. by the time i quit i stopped running lfd's altogether unless it was with more than 3 friends/guildmates.

i cant even imagine how shitty some lfrs might be

lets celebrate this with champagne and kaviar who's with me ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    the community maybe? the pain in the ass it is to deal with assholes?

i havent played since mid way thru Cata so i have no experience with lfr, but i remember running the dungeon queue finder on my dk and while not every instance was full of assholes the negative easily outweighed the positive. by the time i quit i stopped running lfd's altogether unless it was with more than 3 friends/guildmates.

i cant even imagine how shitty some lfrs might be
    Personally I think boredom is a huge part as well. For most tanks, active mitigation did the opposite of the intended "make tanking more exciting" effect. Now it's just "use shield wall when the raid alert goes ping"

Deleted

They haven't stopped bleeding yet. But it no longer looks like a limb got cut off. Maybe just a finger now.
    I would say more a slight cut on your finger

Subs means nothing if they're not actually using our money to develop better shit than battle pets. Even if they gained 4 million players and next expansion we would have some dumb crap like dance studios while PVP would only get new battle grounds, there would be no "victory" for the players, only for the ActivisionBlizzard corporation.

I don't understand why people are so happy that they keep retaining enough people to milk money out of, while the actual quality of content in terms of innovation has barely upgraded since WOTLK's quest overhaul and Cataclysm's further push of instancing.

They didnt start mass banning bots yet. That would probaly be another 500k subs.
    Actually banning bots will probably increase revenue and the bots will just resub anyway. So that is a idiotic point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say more a slight cut on your finger
    Slight cut I'd call -50k. 100k is about the point where something is missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Actually banning bots will probably increase revenue and the bots will just resub anyway. So that is a idiotic point.
    Yeah. Bot bans really only apply if you made a graph of day to day (or perhaps just month to month) subs. They'd be a spike down, then an almost immediate spike back up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Subs means nothing if they're not actually using our money to develop better shit than battle pets. Even if they gained 4 million players and next expansion we would have some dumb crap like dance studios while PVP would only get new battle grounds, there would be no "victory" for the players, only for the ActivisionBlizzard corporation.

I don't understand why people are so happy that they keep retaining enough people to milk money out of, while the actual quality of content in terms of innovation has barely upgraded since WOTLK's quest overhaul and Cataclysm's further push of instancing.
    You sound like a bitter ex

News flash, 7 million enjoy MoP. Ergo, it's a success

Blizzard apologists will attempt to put a positive spin on anything.

According to them, subscriber growth is good.

According to them, subscriber loss is also good.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW won't ever hit 12 million again, not unless the competition all dies!
    It'll never hit 12 million due to a fraction of that 12+ million player base loves the Free-To-Play method and others don't want the grind again and are just done with MMOs.

Just my opinion.