Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Bosses allready are over 1 billion HP, just as tanks are over 1mio (with good gear). And guess what ? It changed nothing to the game.
    Indeed you are correct, I didn't do my research well enough it seems.

And I never said it changed anything, I mearly stated that it would be silly and I still stand by that.
    Last edited by Maiza; 2013-11-07 at 02:07 PM.

Blizzcon or not
    Good news or not

I will still play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd resub after a year long hiatus if something like naga, saurok, or drakonid became a player race, for either faction (though, I'd prefer alliance).
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    I'm not currently subscribed. Pretty much whatever the new expansion is, it'll get me hyped enough to resubscribe for Christmas or New Year. It'd have to be an incredibly bad idea for me not to subscribe and as I'm fine with Time Travel...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    Why is this worth quitting over? You won't be weaker, the numbers will just be smaller and look more manageable and easier to understand.
    I agree. I for one love the huge numbers, but they are getting a bit outrageous now. And stats are obnoxious. All the unreasonable children that think they are OP because they see big yellow numbers on their screen don't want this to happen.

Boss has 250k hp (hypothetically), you crit 50k! OH WOW 50k CRIT!

*Item Squish*

Boss has 100k hp (hypothetically), you crit 10k! OH WOW! 10K CRIT!

I miss small numbers and when those small numbers crit, it was sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I would subscribe for 10 years in advance if they would remove 10 man and have only 25 man available.
    But most of all i would subscribe for lifetime if they removed LFR and Flex.
    Same for me!

10-man + LFR = death of 25-man = death of true raid experience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I'll unsubscribe if:

1. "Item squish" will be confirmed.
    2. Expansion will feature a lot of rehashes.

Sadly, both of those have a big chance of happening.
    Exactly same for me.

i ll add a

3. No big new features (Housing, Worls vs Worlds Pvp, No new class/profession ect...)

I know I am going to be buying the next expansion regardless, but I'd be pretty disappointed if it is has neither new races OR a new class, as every expansion yet has had one or both and they are expected at this point. Would also be seriously bummed if the vanilla race model revamp isn't ready to at least be patched in and complete by the end of the xpac cycle.

I would really like to a new 5-man difficulty tier, like the elite mode mentioned earlier. The current challenge modes were a good idea, but the actual implementation/mechanics of a speed run is less "challenge" and more "stack specific things and cheese the dungeon by avoiding as much as possible."
    Something along the lines of Shadow Lab or Shattered Halls from BC would be awesome, with gear commensurate with the difficulty. Not necessarily guaranteed raid-caliber epics, but perhaps a decent chance of each boss dropping an epic, with the end boss being able to drop a weapon.

Im going to resubscribe depending on the features. I'm probably going to do it anyway, but still... Excited to see what's coming!

Hmm, I don't know about unsubscribe, but I would be very disappointed if one or more of these things are planned:

-No new races
    -No new class
    -Underwater areas or weightless "void" areas
    -Heavy focus on alliance lore at the expense of horde, to make up for thrall and garrosh
    -More grinding
    -Not fixing the armor issues with taurens (...and I guess worgens)
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    I will resubscribe if they suddenly balance PvP and reduce burst/CC extremely
    They said they would be doing that next expansion, but they always say that. Put up or shut up time.

I really love the direction the game is going in, so a reversion to old systems ( ala bc and wotlk) would make me upset. Can't live for nostalgia, you gotta keep looking forward

10+ Year Old Account
    I may quit wow if they completely butcher the lore with a time travel xpac. I will still buy it and play it to see for myself if i think its butchered, and make the call.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably unsub if it becomes clear the next expansion is not going to be before middle of next year. I'm already infinitely bored with SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Hmm, I don't know about unsubscribe, but I would be very disappointed if one or more of these things are planned:

-No new races
    -No new class
    -Underwater areas or weightless "void" areas
    -Heavy focus on alliance lore at the expense of horde, to make up for thrall and garrosh
    -More grinding
    -Not fixing the armor issues with taurens (...and I guess worgens)
    Actually I feel the other way around. I don't believe we need a new class or race. Well, I do believe a HERO class would be awesome though. But anything more than that is a pure waste - 1-90 is already long enough, not to speak about the fact that if Warlords of Draenor is true, Arrakoa and Ogres are definitely a no-go for me (I mean, is it a contest to add the dumbest races of wow in one spot?).

I agree with most of your other points, though it wouldn't make me unsubscribe.

One of the worst thing they can do though is to revamp outland. If they do that and scrap the world that is there, I'd be incredibly annoyed. When they did this to the old world (Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdom), I thought it'd be great, but in the end I was only disappointed by the amount of hidden things they removed.

Deleted
    Going back to vanilla CC wouldnt be to bad ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I'll unsubscribe if:

1. "Item squish" will be confirmed.

2. Expansion will feature a lot of rehashes.

Sadly, both of those have a big chance of happening.
    You will unsub if they itemsquish because the 9 year old engine cant handle the numbers?
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

My major reason for unsubscribing is the talent system. They need to fix it.

Yes, I'm aware they've done it like 3 times already and that some people like it. I'm also aware that it's not a bad idea in theory, they just executed it wrong. The way it stands now, leveling is HORRIBLE. At least with a talent point every level, you had incentive to level up and want to see your character grow. But because of the talent system as it is now, leveling is slow and you don't feel like your character is growing. Plus the fact that all the specs are virtually the same, makes it not fun. I want CUSTOMIZATION back. I want to be able to make a Mage who is good with Fire AND Arcane, like the Frostfire Mage of WoTLK. I want a priest who sacrifices some of their healing power to increase their physical damage and bash an enemy in the head with their mace. I want a Shaman/Warlock who can tank. I want options.

I completely understand that it's impossible for them to balance every possible spec for endgame. I get that. But they need to understand that not everything is about endgame. Most of the game is spent leveling up, doing dungeons, questing, and having, you know, fun. It's FUN to be able to play your character how you want and build them how you want. That's why games like Skyrim are so popular. Giving your player maximum options/customization is fun.

What Blizzard doesn't seem to understand is that the people who make it their goal to complete dungeons/raids first are the 1%. The people who make endgame their everything are the 10-20%. The rest? Are people who are fine with leveling a character, trying different race/class combinations, leveling alts, questing, discovering new lore. In a nutshell, HAVING FUN THEIR WAY. In this, optimized specs are meaningless.

So it doesn't matter if X spec doesn't do the best DPS in the world. What matters is if people are having fun. And fun for me (and many others, I'm sure, judging by past posts criticizing the new talent system) is being able to do whatever you want with your character. So if I want to be a Druid who shifts into a Bear/Cat to deal damage and put points in healing for use in the battlefield, I should be able to. And if I want to be a Warlock who specs down the tree to get my Felguard, and puts the rest of my points in Affliction I should have that freedom.

Unsubscribing if they either:

* start selling gear with stats in the game shop or extend the game shop in a similarly threatening way, or
    * continue with the raids being the only endgame for PVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    My major reason for unsubscribing is the talent system. They need to fix it.

Yes, I'm aware they've done it like 3 times already and that some people like it. I'm also aware that it's not a bad idea in theory, they just executed it wrong. The way it stands now, leveling is HORRIBLE. At least with a talent point every level, you had incentive to level up and want to see your character grow. But because of the talent system as it is now, leveling is slow and you don't feel like your character is growing. Plus the fact that all the specs are virtually the same, makes it not fun. I want CUSTOMIZATION back. I want to be able to make a Mage who is good with Fire AND Arcane, like the Frostfire Mage of WoTLK. I want a priest who sacrifices some of their healing power to increase their physical damage and bash an enemy in the head with their mace. I want a Shaman/Warlock who can tank. I want options.

I completely understand that it's impossible for them to balance every possible spec for endgame. I get that. But they need to understand that not everything is about endgame. Most of the game is spent leveling up, doing dungeons, questing, and having, you know, fun. It's FUN to be able to play your character how you want and build them how you want. That's why games like Skyrim are so popular. Giving your player maximum options/customization is fun.

What Blizzard doesn't seem to understand is that the people who make it their goal to complete dungeons/raids first are the 1%. The people who make endgame their everything are the 10-20%. The rest? Are people who are fine with leveling a character, trying different race/class combinations, leveling alts, questing, discovering new lore. In a nutshell, HAVING FUN THEIR WAY. In this, optimized specs are meaningless.

So it doesn't matter if X spec doesn't do the best DPS in the world. What matters is if people are having fun. And fun for me (and many others, I'm sure, judging by past posts criticizing the new talent system) is being able to do whatever you want with your character. So if I want to be a Druid who shifts into a Bear/Cat to deal damage and put points in healing for use in the battlefield, I should be able to. And if I want to be a Warlock who specs down the tree to get my Felguard, and puts the rest of my points in Affliction I should have that freedom.
    I agree with every part of that, and will go further and say that the new "talent" system is a joke. A complete and utter joke.

Alas, it's staying. Blizzard like it because it's quick and dirty. A bit like all the needless raid modes.