Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It was the ability to move while casting so I could hop around and cast anything I wanted.

Now..idk
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Cause I can melt a bunch of mobs in a short amount of time. It's fun to enslave demons and you can't do that with any other class.

Deleted
    i used to love warlock more than now but still prefer lock over any class due to nostalgic feelings.
    I think being able to summon demons, make portals, and deal agony over time with dots, damn how is there a cooler class than warlocks?

also because on many realms i noted least played classes were locks so i'd have an easier time finding a decent raid. Though nowadays thanks to bring the player not the class that feeling faded.

Because Warlocks get the chicks.

They were the Dark Shadowy caster.. Easy. Vanilla opening cinematic.. you had a goofy mage sheeping something, or a badass warlock killing everything around him without a thought.

First toon rolled. First toon to 60, 70, 80, 85, 90...and in the future 100.

PS. Perhaps try another spec for a bit while lvling to see if it feels to speed things up. Affliction is missing a lot of what makes it tick at 90 while leveling. My cousin similarly is lvling an alt lock as he feels it is a class/spec he would enjoy since he loves shadow. He is lvling demo however, as he does not want to get into Affliction until he has the whole package.

For me lock is by far the best caster dps class. Amazing gameplay in all specs, and most of the patches before once you gear him up you can just do pure dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Because Warlocks get the chicks.
    The hot sex-demon chicks, amirite?

Motivation to choose it: dark; cool (so Role-play factors)

Motivation in not leaving it: gives room to most theorycrafting of the classes/specs; so it feels elite; got even cooler while time passed

There is the least represantation of Warlocks as main char, but those who choose it as main character stick with it forever.

Btw never play a class if you don't like it at any level. Even if your chosen class has the worst perfomance (there isn't any class like that in the moment imo). If you don't enjoy your gameplay, then it's work, not game. So choose something other, even if 99% of ppl say its the "best" class. Most basic rule.

Deleted
    Its the only class I ever played actively. I used to love the dotin up and building pressure gameplay and having a real give/take relationship with my pet, all which is gone in mop. Now the class feels really shallow and I am too lazy to reroll. Gonna se what the next xpac bring.s

Every spec is just completely unique. They all use different resources and play different. Want to be a huge nuking death machine? Go Destro and see the 1.6mil Chaos Bolts. want to become an overwhelming demon and blow everything up? Go Demo. Want to wither everything away with a pretty engaging spec? Go Affli. Every spec feels like a new class and thats rare among pure classes.
    I cant has cheezburgar :'(

Way back when I first fired up the old WoW machine the guy that had convinced me to put down Guild Wars and take up this new pay by month mmo had advised a hunter or warlock because I really liked the play of the necro/ranger hybrids in GW. I rolled a hunter, got wtf pwnd by a spider, said F this and logged out. A few months later some other guys convinced me to come back but they already had a hunter, pally, and priest in their little leveling group so I went Warlock. Even though I have sat my lock to play healers or tanks "for the good of the group" I always go back to the warlock.

Warlocks have some of the most unique spells and effects in the game and they have since Day 1. I also couldn't play another caster without being able to cast and move (which I'm seriously hoping they're making a blanket change in the expansion).

I play a warlock because of the fact that i love casters, dots, and playing the evil class!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are just so bad ass thematically, and I've always had a love for darker characters. I originally refused to play one because I HATE pets. Rolled one one day because I was bored, leveling on and off, then was told "Hey, soon you will be able to kill your pet and be competitive." Sign me the f*** up! I've grown to love the little buggers since I've been playing my lock though, and have had so much fun that I probably will not main my druid again. Perma-untree I guess =P

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Rolled my very first character as Forsaken Warlock because my buddy who got me to try the game told me that's he thought I'd like, when I asked him for advice on what to roll. Still my main to this day. I think I may not have stuck with the game if I'd started with any other race. Not sure about class.

But I stay on my lock because it's the only class/specs I'm remotely decent at. I'm terrible at everything else.
    It was mid TBC where I decided to start playing WOW a friend of mine was my mentor :P, As soon as the install finished I asked him what is a nice dark class with a good background he told me play a warlock and go Orgrimmer at the start(he meant after level 10)

It took me around 1 month to get from level 1 to 20 and it was hard since it was my first MMO, Until one day I discovered what is to learn spells and what is a spell book, I didn't know that we were a pet class until i learned the spell from the trainer.

So this is the only class I have this nostalgic feeling towards

Deleted
    I used to play warlock cause of demonology as it was so fun. Since the nerfs i'm pretty much forced to play destro, and I can't reroll since I don't have legendary meta or cape on alts since I really cannot be bothered to do test of valor again.

Deleted
    Demons, fire, more demons. Also, in TBC Warlock was god of PvP

I played mine cause I wanted a break from my hunter back in Vanilla and just ended up loving him. I keep playing him cause I enjoy the mirco that affliction has with updating your dots at certain points and being rewarded with tons of damage and DPS.

What is it that makes you play the Warlock? Masochism

Started out because it was awesome, then I was just hooked to Destro's mechanics in PvP and Demo's in PvE. I don't think I would've kept playing during Cata if it weren't for the warlock playstyle. When MoP launched, even though it is a better expansion content-wise, I stopped logging on my lock in which I completely lost interest because of the change in mechanics. When I compare it to what I used to have, it just feels like an empty shell beneath all those cool visuals