Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlords of Draenor's sleeping feature - Could be bigger than we're expecting

Personally, I think a lot of people are overlooking the updated and expanded "Group Finder" browser. Being able to browse through groups people are putting together to go run old dungeons, do old achievements, work on legendaries is a pretty cool feature and might help return a little bit of that "we ran ___ with this guy and he was really cool, let's invite him to ___ also."

I like the additions they're putting in to reward pre-formed groups and encourage socializing and making friends in the game again without penalizing players who are trying to get a quick run with LFG.

Also opens up the availability of other players looking to run old dungeons for achievements and such, or just run old raids for the hell of it. You could even try and see if you can find enough cross-realm for "Looking to run ICC 25 with only level 80 characters" or the like.

Yes, as long as people use the tools, it will be a community building bonus. Running stuff with people and finding good players was always the way to properly recruit back before shared lockouts where you couldn't waste your lockout on finding new players. With cross realm groups for everything but Mythic mode with separate lockouts, it encourages it even further.

It comes down to the community to do what is right for itself, and utilizing everything available to them. Not sure how optimistic I can be about that situation currently

Definitely comes down to the community, but the tools and encouragements are going in to urge players to spend the time and effort to actually do that, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a co-option of OQueue or some other such addon.

which is a good thing like the way ilvl coopted gearscore, given that ilvl is way less toxic than Gearscore was

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    sounds like a co-option of OQueue or some other such addon.
    This will be 100% oq so it won't be anything "new" it will just be the blizzard version of something we already have.

Deleted
    should be cool, Oqueue is already really popular and a fantastic tool, one built into to WoW itself should be really amazing for finding things, as long as its fully cross server like Oqueue is. on my dead realm its impossible finding groups for older raids and stuff, 5mins on oqueue and ive got a full group

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    This will be 100% oq so it won't be anything "new" it will just be the blizzard version of something we already have.
    And a better implementation of it (i.e. not clogging up BNet).
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Which is nice. Same with the new bag features which are in the game via addons already. But I always love to have less addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Personally, I think a lot of people are overlooking the updated and expanded "Group Finder" browser. Being able to browse through groups people are putting together to go run old dungeons, do old achievements, work on legendaries is a pretty cool feature and might help return a little bit of that "we ran ___ with this guy and he was really cool, let's invite him to ___ also."

I like the additions they're putting in to reward pre-formed groups and encourage socializing and making friends in the game again without penalizing players who are trying to get a quick run with LFG.

Also opens up the availability of other players looking to run old dungeons for achievements and such, or just run old raids for the hell of it. You could even try and see if you can find enough cross-realm for "Looking to run ICC 25 with only level 80 characters" or the like.
    Your right it really is a good feature that doesn't seem to get much light to how important it could be. This is the point it wasn't popular in the first place bc it took a back burner in the UI of the game. If there is an easier way for it to be utilized like they placed it in your quest log and say's "Find others" for quest or something would be good.

When they released this feature, I was actually using it....for like few weaks, maybe months. After this short time, everyone stopped using it, so i abandoned it as well.

Hope it won't happen again. I liked it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's pretty much oQueue implemented without mandating auto-grouping.

It'll be nice, but since it is an existing addon.... not really a huge feature.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yea, I'm shocked no one is talking about it.

It could really be a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like a group finder for things such as achievements, old raids etc... still missing the oculus rider achievements/ gundrak everyone impaled achievements because i can't find a group for them Also ulduar takes hours due to the start event having to demolish all the pillars solo >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the exact same as LFG pre-wrath, only this time cross realm...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I would like a group finder for things such as achievements, old raids etc... still missing the oculus rider achievements/ gundrak everyone impaled achievements because i can't find a group for them Also ulduar takes hours due to the start event having to demolish all the pillars solo >.<
    Try getting OQueue or visiting open raid, they often have people setting up groups for this stuff

I just hope they make it easier to find. In its current state, most people don't even know it exists because it is kind of hidden. Maybe they can add it as a tab in the dungeon finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah it's pretty much oQueue implemented without mandating auto-grouping.

It'll be nice, but since it is an existing addon.... not really a huge feature.
    well the fact is, OQ is a huge addon, it's more that it's not new than that it's not huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I just hope they make it easier to find. In its current state, most people don't even know it exists because it is kind of hidden. Maybe they can add it as a tab in the dungeon finder.
    or something,
    of course the DF tab is starting to get cluttered already. they need to do some housework cleaning up the interface.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    It is the exact same as LFG pre-wrath, only this time cross realm...
    So it's doing exactly what oQueue is currently doing. Blizzard clearly feels there's a large enough portion of the population using oQueue/OpenRaid that such a feature should be in game so everyone can use it without having to use an add on for it. Personally, each feature they add to the game that removes needing to download an add on is a plus for me; the Blizzard implementations generally draw far less memory than their standalone add on versions.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One less addon is a good thing, I dislike oQueue because of how poorly it works sometimes. Blizzard is picking up the idea and integrating it. Brilliant.

Can't ask for much else.
    Butts.

Deleted
    If it has the same functionality as oqueue, I think it will be a huge feature. I don't know a single person who didn't complain about how oqueue tries to spam every window on your screen with stuff you didn't ask for (43.21 warforged seals spent an hour, how interesting!).