Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Anyone see the "Ogre/High elf" Poster?

Okay so I haven't seen it. But someone on the main forums mentioned that there is a Giant poster at Blizzcon with what appears to be an Ogre/High elf .. Giving off an impression that they are going to be the new Alli / Horde races (Ogre H, High Elf A)

Anyone seen this or got a link / pic of it? .. Or possibly anything else related to this

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's true, then Damn i can't wait for next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Okay so I haven't seen it. But someone on the main forums mentioned that there is a Giant poster at Blizzcon with what appears to be an Ogre/High elf .. Giving off an impression that they are going to be the new Alli / Horde races (Ogre H, High Elf A)

Anyone seen this or got a link / pic of it? .. Or possibly anything else related to this
    Can you imagine if Blizzard tried to be all different and had Ogres go Alli and High Elves go Horde.
    That'd be fucking hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Can you imagine if Blizzard tried to be all different and had Ogres go Alli and High Elves go Horde.
    Horde already has Blood Elves, so there wouldn't really be much of a point...

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    no it wouldnt. atleast with high elves going to alliance its a race they cant play on that faction, giving high elves to the horde would be pointless. blood elves are identicle to high elves ingame with the exception of eye colour.

"hey alliance, you get ogres, horde? you get contact lenses"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    but aliance does not already have ogres!, your point, INVALID :P

High Elves, easiest new race ever. Just take a blood elf, change eye, underwear, and nail polish to blue, and done.

15+ Year Old Account
    there will be no new playable class. end of story

you forgot bigger boobs size.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    High Elves, easiest new race ever. Just take a blood elf, change eye, underwear, and nail polish to blue, and done.

15+ Year Old Account
    You saying Alliance doesn't have Elves?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the so called "leaks" claim that there won't be any new class and races.

Then again, it's up to you to believe this "sources".

Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    there will be no new playable class. end of story
    ... But this topic is about races...?
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

I just walked around the whole thing and I didn't see any poster of an ogre or high elf.

I agree, and since Alliance already has night elves... no point there either. No one on either faction wants reskinned models.

If they even do new races, they should do something... just amazing.

Also: Not interested in Demon Hunter. I would like to see a new non-spell casting ranged class, but Demon Hunter is veru cliche at this point, I'd rather see something interesting and unique. ie- Death Knight and Monk were great, they changed a lot from the original ideas (monks being healers that don't use mana, etc) but were still more or less interesting concepts. Demon Hunter would be just a cheesy scapegoat that they can snag mechanics from D3 to implement... silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

why the hell would alliance want 2 races of elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    i think they would update them a little bit.

in lore fel magic stunts your growth a bit, so high elves would be slightly taller, maybe a little bit bigger.

they would most likely have access to ALL the eye colours to give them more customization since in lore blood elves can have many coloured eyes purple, gold, blue, green, red. all kinds.

they would also have an updated model so unless new models come out on launch horde will have the shitty version for awhile
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    you forgot bigger boobs size.
    I think you mean High Elves would actually have boobs?

Alliance has 4 different kinds of humans.

If true, I would welcome it. The Horde started out with 4 badass races (huge Tauren, menacing troll, bloodthirsty orc, zombie undead). Since then we've gotten Blood Elves, Goblins, and Pandas. All "cute" races. Give me a new Horde race that looks menacing and I'll be happy.

Have you ever noticed how many different types of elves exist in fantasy worlds? I don't think a second elven race in WoW would be a big deal.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    because high elves are the original elves in terms of the franchise. they were always with the alliance. and with all the high elves we see wearing alliance banners we should be able to play as them

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no it wouldnt. atleast with high elves going to alliance its a race they cant play on that faction, giving high elves to the horde would be pointless. blood elves are identicle to high elves ingame with the exception of eye colour.

"hey alliance, you get ogres, horde? you get contact lenses"
    It's more that I'd love to see the fallout and complaint from Horde, especially at Hordecon.