Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    10 man groups play 10 man because they want to play in smaller groups. A large majority of 10 man guilds have not secretely had cravings to team up with another 10 man guild. Changing from 25 to 20 players is a far smaller change than from 10 to 20.
    Couldn't agree more.

Does this mean that guilds with 5 alt raids will not have a massive advantage in ilvl the whole tier? Or will flex looting systems not carry over with the format?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofer View Post
    Sadly, I can see this happening. >.<
    But that's only for Heroic(current normal modes) so who cares?

Deleted
    Looking For Raid (25 man) ---> Looking for Raid (10-25 but will always try to fill the group)

Flexible Raid (10-25man) -----> Gone. All dificulties will use flexible technology.

Normal Raid (10man)
    ---------> Normal Raid (10-25man)
    Normal Raid (25man)

Heroic Raid (10man)
    ---------> Heroic Raid (10-25man)
    Heroic Raid (25man)

Mythic Raid (New) ----------> Mythic Raid (20man. Dificulty high than heroic for top guilds. It's something equivalent to Ra'den in ToT)

It may seem that they're adding more raiding modes but in actuality the current 6 raid dificulties are becoming just 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Open their recruitment to people who aren't Finnish.

Also for the mad 10mans, just find a guild to merge with, you don't need to try and poach 10 people, just merge.
    Except you need to tell 2 tanks and 2 healers to go DPS or GTFO

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who would like to see a flex normal mode that extends to be available via the raid finder tool and a simple 20men heroic? Why carry over 4 separate raid difficulties fragmenting the shrinking community even further. Jesus.... The game thrived with 2 raid modes, there are other ways to provide content for those that don't care to participate. Guess it's just the easiest route.

Everytime Blizz gets a cool idea they fuck it up on implementation level.
    Last edited by mag07; 2013-11-11 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post

Mythic Raid (New) ----------> Mythic Raid (20man. Dificulty high than heroic for top guilds. It's something equivalent to Ra'den in ToT)
    So about as difficult as morchok and a little more difficult than jin'rokh then?

Deleted
    Mythic isn't higher than current Heroic, it is current Heroic, Blizzard are just renaming shit to make it seem new and shiney and to make people stuck in normal modes feel better.

Flex is LFR, Normal is Flex, Heroic is Normal and Mythic is Heroic, it's pretty simple but Blizzard are just being dicks about it.

If you're in a current 10 or 25man heroic guild on any type of progress (1/14 HC to 14/14 HC) you'll be going 20m Mythic in 6.0.

It's just a re-branding to make 20m look less retarded while they wreck every heroic guild and to get rid of the LFR name that has been tainted by bads.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2013-11-08 at 10:37 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    Except you need to tell 2 tanks and 2 healers to go DPS or GTFO
    Tanks most likely, Healers not so much.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Guys, they said they are still deciding on that, for now it's 20.

They might consider it heavily that it's hard for 10 mans that are most out there to duplicate themselves so they might change it to 15 man? 16 man? Something in the middle that will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by vudani View Post
    Does this mean that guilds with 5 alt raids will not have a massive advantage in ilvl the whole tier? Or will flex looting systems not carry over with the format?
    super interested in this as well.

Because this puts people on a more level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Open their recruitment to people who aren't Finnish.

Also for the mad 10mans, just find a guild to merge with, you don't need to try and poach 10 people, just merge.
    Except that leaves you with 4 tanks... and you'll likely only need 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaveritas View Post

Just announced at the WoW What's next panel. Mythic difficulty at a "fixed" 20 players.

LFR, normal and heroic will all be flexible between 10-25 people. Discuss.
    As a player in a 25H guild (U.S. #29), this is going to definitely have some repercussions down the line.

That's either having to cut 5 players, or having to create two raid teams for Mythic difficulty (which means recruiting more). As it stands, for us, it'll probably just be cutting players from the "main" raid. I can understand where Blizzard is coming from in regards to the difficulty in tuning two different raid sizes to be similar enough that the bosses represent similar challenges to both sizes, but this is definitely going to place a lot of pressure on guilds, both 10 and 25-man.

It's also going to place a lot of pressure on melee players (like myself) in 25H guilds. You drop 5 players and all of a sudden you simply don't have as much room to bring extra melee. And IMO, they've shown that they are completely inept at balancing Ranged vs. Melee, so you can probably expect (yet again) that ranged will be far superior to melee for things that actually matter.. and so, we'll go into yet another expansion with melee being forced to step aside or reroll. This is beyond frustrating. Though I know that I will always have a spot simply because I'm really fucking good at what I do, for those that aren't absolutely at the tip-top of their game, this could mean having to reroll or drop guild.

Maybe they think all of the 10-man Heroic guilds converting to Mythic will pick up all of the dropped melee. Hahaha.. ha. Ha. ;\

I'm in a guild with a 35man Roster. If we have to bench 5 extra people they will probably quit WoW or go to another guild.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyMonk View Post
    I'm in a guild with a 35man Roster. If we have to bench 5 extra people they will probably quit WoW or go to another guild.
    This is 110% the end of the fucking world. Dizzymonk's guild mates might have to find a guild that gets them more play time?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne13 View Post
    With the MASSIVE ilvl increase you will be getting at level 100, you will NOT be using t16 in the first raids. You will be using dungeon gear and heroic dungeon gear, and possibly garrison epic gear as you can obtain it.
    Just like TBC/WotLK/Cata right? You might have a very small bit of upgraded greens/blues, but most of your gear will be from the previous raid.

And as I said, world first guilds. Not your average man who takes his time, maybe downs the first boss on week 1 and continues on gearing up via garrisons.

They have done it in the past and if Blizz lets them, they will continue to do so.

TBC and WotLK was 10 levels as well, still raided in previous expacs bis items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Just like TBC/WotLK/Cata right? You might have a very small bit of upgraded greens/blues, but most of your gear will be from the previous raid.

And as I said, world first guilds. Not your average man who takes his time, maybe downs the first boss on week 1 and continues on gearing up via garrisons.

They have done it in the past and if Blizz lets them, they will continue to do so.

I thought that issue went away when Blizzard starting increasing the ilvl for the next expansion by bigger margins.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post

None of the expansions people used gear from previous one. Wrath was possible exception but that's because Naxx 2.0 was piss easy that it can be completed by lvl 77s

If you are only raiding normal/flex already this has essentially no effect. This restores a lot of what made PvE great back in TBC & Wrath, sure some 10H guilds will be temporarily screwed over, but this will work out good over time.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Yet again people completely focus on how butthurt they are and completely missed that it was even explained why they feel like this is the raidsize they wan't tryhards to duke it out on. And oh wow, it actually makes sense.

I can also guarantee that half the people posting here have yet to realize this has absolutely no affect on them.