Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth_c View Post
    To me, it was a filler expansion.
    Same. And the level cap change from 5 to 10 made me think if MoP was purely a money making decision (after all, China's been the promised market land of the decade). Pandaria doesn't fit the lore and could be erased from the series altogether with just a few minor changes. The normal level progression would've been 80-90-100, but with MoP it suddenly became 80-85-90-100. Why would they return to the old level table if MoP was not an ad hoc expansion? Uneven level caps don't make any sense.

Deleted
    Easy. Lose a whole bunch of subs. Blizz had too many and on the long term foresaw monopoly of the market as not being beneficial.

No look I don't know what the point was, I'm just glad it's going to be over soon and with the help of god I'm never going to see anything related to that for a long while. Gear, architecture, flora and fauna... No more please no more.
    Im just sorry I have to watch these flabby fatties bouncing around draenor still.
    But at least I won't have any more wise ass paternalistic panda teaching me why I fight.
    *gag*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The point of a game is to entertain people.
    So the point of Pandaria was to entertain people.

Inbefore trolling: It succeeded at that point.
    Actually it made me stop playing. And like me, many. So not that much entertaining judging by subs.

Why does he need to "learn a lesson?" Not every villain has to be some misguided guy who was trying to be good underneath it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    I had higher hopes for hellscream
    Yeah, well. You've only got yourself to blame for that.

you would think having his pride literally crushed at the end of siege that he would be a little more humble. But instead he just shakes his fist and before disappearing into the past shouts "NEXT TIME AZEROTH!!!! NEXT TIIIIIIIIME!"
    No, you wouldn't think that. Why? Because he's not a hero. He's not intelligent. He's not valorous. He's not courageous. He's just a sad, pathetic little runt of an orc with immense daddy issues, who got a small taste of power. There's absolutely no reason for the developers and writers to make him anything else.

Garrosh is that guy whose father never loved him, whose father never thought he was worth anything, who failed epicly in everything he ever did, and who will in the end die quietly, alone, a very anticlimactic and pathetic death, without fanfare. That's how he will disappear into nothingness, because that's who he is, and who he was always going to be.

Deleted
    And subs prove that something is entertaining since when?
    Since "entertaining" is subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, well. You've only got yourself to blame for that.

No, you wouldn't think that. Why? Because he's not a hero. He's not intelligent. He's not valorous. He's not courageous. He's just a sad, pathetic little runt of an orc with immense daddy issues, who got a small taste of power. There's absolutely no reason for the developers and writers to make him anything else.

Garrosh is that guy whose father never loved him, whose father never thought he was worth anything, who failed epicly in everything he ever did, and who will in the end die quietly, alone, a very anticlimactic and pathetic death, without fanfare. That's how he will disappear into nothingness, because that's who he is, and who he was always going to be.
    You take this... Pretty seriously it seems

Garrosh didn't even learn anything after siege...and he never even stood trial for his crimes. So what was the point of Mists of Pandaria?
    Purple pixels?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Actually it made me stop playing. And like me, many. So not that much entertaining judging by subs.
    Entertaining 7.7 million just fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    Purple pixels?

- - - Updated - - -

Entertaining 7.7 million just fine
    Starting from a higher figure though huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Seems like WoD is that too.
    Why ? because it was not your precious "rising of the burning legion" or something related to deamons or what you want?

Can someone tell me what is not a "filler" ?

Deleted
    Which means that it is unprovable and thus subscriptions have nothing to do with it.
    Well do you any other way to judge the success of something if not by how it was received?

Even if Garrosh wasn't killed and didn't learn a lesson he was still ousted from power, it's not like the status quo pre MoP was reestablished.

The only thing I liked about Pandaria was the first few weeks after release. The world pvp was freaking awesome.

Sometimes stories do not wrap up nicely as the case with the events in MOP and as a result it sets up WOD. The point of MOP is played out by you as either Horde or Alliance. It is made clear through quest why we go and what we are doing.

MoP was a filler expansion imo, giving us atleast a break from the old bad guys and gave us some new creatures to fight. But in the end they'll be forgotten once the new expansion comes out and they processed nothing to the story

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Well ultimately he is responsible for cleansing all the sha problems from pandaria, so the pandaren should be kissing his brown booty instead of locking him up.
    He's the one who brought 'em back out in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    It isn't moronic because it brings to light the point that the game didn't used to be like that. With the recycling and hyper-efficiency. And that's why people are frustrated.

And Lei Shen + Zandalari ruling the world? Pffffft.

Illidan (who is so AWESOMELY POWERFUL that he's your sig!) could solo them. Arthas and the scourge could roll over them, and then become even stronger. Tired of all this BS Blizzard keeps pulling out of their ass!
    Your logic is terrible, you should consider bringing forward a sensible argument.

Just because Arthas or the Scourge could defeat Lei Shen / Zandalari, doesn't mean they were not a threat. That's like saying that Algalon is the most powerful boss we've ever faced, because if we failed to defeat him, the planet would've been destroyed by now. That's also like saying Deathwing is the most powerful because he can obliterate an entire zone in one breathe.

And can we all please stop with these single reason / excuses as to why people are frustrated. There are many reasons, and using the excuse that the game is being recycled is a terrible reason anyway. Draneor is a very interesting part of our past, and the story behind this expansion (while confusing), is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    He's the one who brought 'em back out in the first place.
    False - The Alliance & Horde are equally responsible for the return of the Sha.

Garrosh didn't even learn anything after siege...and he never even stood trial for his crimes. So what was the point of Mists of Pandaria?
    It directly set up the events of WoD and had great impact on both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    False - The Alliance & Horde are equally responsible for the return of the Sha.
    Then it's still technically half his fault? His grubby little hands on the heart of Y'shaarj sure didn't help anything. Not sure how shared responsibility makes him worthy of praise from the Pandaren.
    Last edited by Vorticough; 2013-11-09 at 04:11 PM.

the point of MoP was battle pet domination

I think that we are diverting of what is the real meaning of this thread:

Yes, Garrosh didnt learn a thing, not a lesson, but seriously, before Pandarea. Thrall, Saufang, Cairne and so many others have tried to advice and help him to make good decisitons, but he is to stupid, so no matter how wise you can be, it is like talking to a rock. The problem is that he is a rock brute with a lot of power in his hands

Is like when a small random kingdom tells to another more powerfull "but we dont have weapons" and the tyrant answers "I dont believe you, we are bombing you anyway, but in the process we are taking your oil, in the name of world peace" something like that