Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Homosexual guildie is hitting on me

A member who has previously been quiet about his private life, has revealed to me, in private, that he is gay. Not a problem to me personally, but it makes me slightly uncomfortable when he's overly affectionate towards me in guild chat.

I don't want to hurt his feelings and be seen as homophobic by him and my guild. How should I handle this situation?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...really, how hard is it to just tell him you're not interested?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Just tell him that you're not sure if he is interested in you or not, but you're not interested in him.

Just let him know nicely that you are not interested, or say you are already in a relationship with someone.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell him you are uncomfortable with they way he is talking, but don't be overly confrontational about it. Word it in a way he will get that you aren't interested. If that doesn't work then just be blunt with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess this is what female wow players deal with all the time from the male guildies :P I don't think it merrits any response and you should just not make a huge deal out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    how is this difficult? I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I guess this is what female wow players deal with all the time from the male guildies :P
    Quoted for truth here.

Deal with it the way you would deal with a girl you're not interested in..
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternatively just go on omegle and when you find him let him know there - that way it doesn't happen ingame and it can be worked around.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I guess this is what female wow players deal with all the time from the male guildies :P
    Except if a woman tells a guy she's not interested, he's just as likely to continue hitting on her as he is to stop.

But, yeah, it's a start of what it's like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sdkphoenix View Post
    Tell him you are uncomfortable with they way he is talking, but don't be overly confrontational about it. Word it in a way he will get that you aren't interested. If that doesn't work then just be blunt with him.
    Well this sums it up..

Nothing is going happen irl anyway, why not just let him have his thoughts? If he asks to video chat with you with or without clothes on.... thats a different story.

tell him you don't want to go to hell

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    A member who has previously been quiet about his private life, has revealed to me, in private, that he is gay. Not a problem to me personally, but it makes me slightly uncomfortable when he's overly affectionate towards me in guild chat.

I don't want to hurt his feelings and be seen as homophobic by him and my guild. How should I handle this situation?
    I'm sorry but his "preference" really should have no difference on the situation whatsoever. If someone likes you, and you don't like them back, you let them know that in the easiest way possible. Has nothing to do with his gender or yours, you don't like him like that, obviously because you don't prefer guys, so need to just communicate and let him down as you would a girl approaching you.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Its just harmless flirting, and its over the internet. He probably knows this, you don't seem to know this...

Just tell him to stop if you are really bothered by internet flirting.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Stop.
    Who in the bloody hells told you that it'd be ''homophobic'' to tell a homosexual off for hitting up on you?

That's the most ridiculou things I've heard today.
    Tell him to fuck off, be as direct as you can, if it REALLY bothers you.

Just say you're not interested in anything of that sort with anyone and that you're there to play the game and that's all.

I've been in a similar situation many a times. Say you're flattered (because someone is hitting on you, which means they find you attractive in some way), and then say although you can't control his emotions and feelings, tell him NICELY that you aren't gay and that because of this, you aren't interested. Then reiterate on the fact that you're flattered, really you are.

It's easier to do this through speaking than over typing it, as you can't convey tone through typing easily.

Best of luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile on the gay mmochamp forums...
    Here come the Irish.

Put him on ignore if you're too scared to say "Sorry man I like them females." or something along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ffs grow a pair and tell him your not interested in him in that way.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!