Soo, this happened while waiting for the raid to resume

We had someone DC for long enough in our raid tonight that he had to wait a 1000 players queue. so I was derping around before Galakras while we waited. While I was going around with water walk, this happened.

http://i.imgur.com/vunuS8B.jpg (picture is too big)

Basically, I randomly got a debuff called "Fire Pit" that deals 100,000 fire damage per second. I would only get it in a very specific area and couldn't find another close area to get it again. There is nothing underwater that would hint at any pit of fire of some sort.

Just thought I would share as it's quite odd. A dev misclicked when trying to put a fire pit and then was like "meh, no one will ever go there"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

That's...odd. I lold really hard when I started reading your chat pane.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh's room has a fire pit as well, perhaps somehow linked to that (above/beneath).
    Retired in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    We've encountered that bug a few times, I know our mage and druid got their via blinking; although I'm sure there are other means. The fire pit is most likely because you ended up beneath Garrosh's room, where there are grills that apply that DoT.
    Probably not beneath it, unless spacetime itself has collapsed or something. On a more serious note though, I'd guess the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe I backed into the mountain (can you please tell me how a fat bear can walk through mountains :P !!!!!!) this reset on Galakras and ended up in the same place (the same scenery)

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Probably not beneath it, unless spacetime itself has collapsed or something. On a more serious note though, I'd guess the same.
    Well, space and time IS a little wibbley-wobbley...

But yea, that's the debuff from the pits in Garrosh' room. Would be far from the first time we see rooms, corridors and other things "on top" of each other, or in places that really makes no logical sense from a sane person's PoV (Yogg saron's glitchy walls, anyone?).

Deleted
    Yeah, as someone said that debuff is somehow from Garrosh's room. The flame vents lining the edges of the room do that if you stand in them. SoO is a weird place in general, I managed to fall through the floor in the passage leading to the Paragons (or was it Garrosh?) and instead of dying, I was able to swim. The odd part was that in the distance I could see a big ship (still underwater), sadly I got summoned out before I made it to it.