Poll: How do you feel about the Lone Wolf talent?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faffin View Post
    It's certainly an interesting way of hamstringing your soloing ability...
    ummm you wouldn't use it for soloing --changing talents around is easy and if your not doing it already you are not getting the most out of your Hunter ( or any class)

on topic -- Its a good option for some types of fights already ingame and I would expect more encounters in the new expansion will suit this talent

I like the idea, but it invalidates too many talents at least partially. Spirit Bond? Can't use at all. Fervor? Part of it is wasted. Blink Strikes? Can't use at all.

If it changes their bonuses so that they do something, great! Otherwise, I'd like to see it changed.

As for the 30% buff; people are overestimating it.

Stats are getting squished to BC levels. +30% damage with Burning Crusade DPS levels has a lot less impact than +30% damage with current DPS levels (800 DPS + 30% = 1040 DPS, VS 100k DPS + 30% = 130k DPS)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    I like the idea, but it invalidates too many talents at least partially. Spirit Bond? Can't use at all. Fervor? Part of it is wasted. Blink Strikes? Can't use at all.
    They haven't even made an initial pass on the pre-100 talents yet. Things will change during the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    As for the 30% buff; people are overestimating it.

Stats are getting squished to BC levels. +30% damage with Burning Crusade DPS levels has a lot less impact than +30% damage with current DPS levels (800 DPS + 30% = 1040 DPS, VS 100k DPS + 30% = 130k DPS)
    30% is 30% no matter how you look at it.

You forgot to subtract the pets dps. Your net gains will be much closer to 5-10% dps buff, but please lets not focus on the numbers as that is retarded at this point.

Deleted
    What exactly is good about not having a pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Pet pathing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Not having to deal with the little bobbling nut job that always has to follow you. Personally, I've always wanted an actual "Archer" class or spec, not having to deal with anything but my actual character. I'm glad that they're providing the option, and I might actually play a hunter. One of the reasons I rarely touched hunters was the pet, same with warlocks, and why I dislike frost mage so much.

Hopefully it remains a viable choice (as in not dwarfed in damage by the pet-centric options).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Ok, I have a question. Can anyone give me a logical reason why this should not be tied to a spec instead of a talent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait. But it has a LOT of caveats, hope Blizz will do this properly.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrule View Post
    Ok, I have a question. Can anyone give me a logical reason why this should not be tied to a spec instead of a talent?
    Because then that spec would be forced to pet-less.
    What if you forced MM hunters to be pet-less but some of them wanted a pet for utility?

What if you forced Affliction locks to be pet-less and they wanted to use a succubus for PvP?

What if you forced MM hunters to be pet-less but some of them wanted a pet for utility?

What if you forced Affliction locks to be pet-less and they wanted to use a succubus for PvP?
    Then they go SV for a nice hybrid between MM and BM that offers pet utility and strong shots. Then you give the MM hunter more utility through shots or other various means, thus de-homogenizing the specs.

10+ Year Old Account

Mages are forced to be pet-less in Fire and Arcane specs. What if I want an Arcane minion like the Kirin Tor familiar? :P Not to mention a fire Elemental for PVP? (end sarcasm)

Personally, I see it getting nerfed hard, quickly, unless using something like Dire Beast/Murder of Crows/Stampede invalidates the "pet-less"ness of the hunter and thus negates trying to stack those CDs then actually pop a pet out. Saw it as soon as I read the talent here.

#FlightIsImportant

Well some people definitely wanted it, so there you go. I hope it won't wind up being the default spec because LOLOLOL pathing UI suxks!

Good to see it doesn't mean BM sacrificing their pet either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about the others but I really like pet classes despite some of their shortcomings such as pathing issues.
    It's a nice level 100 talent for those who prefer to go petless (which judging by the poll a lot does), but I'll stick to other talents if I do go MM or SV.

To be honest though I'm not surprised if Blizz will nerf Lone Wolf in the same vein as Grimoire of Sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Good to see it doesn't mean BM sacrificing their pet either.
    I always thought GoSac Demonology is just... too odd.

I may jsut play a hunter because of this change. I HATE pets, I find that they get in my way and if given the choice I prefer not to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Faffin View Post
    It's certainly an interesting way of hamstringing your soloing ability...
    You can change a talent whenever you want. If you want to solo and think this will be a hindrance Change the talent.

I change my talents and glyphs for soloing already.

Deleted
    I guess it won't be competitive with the other options. According to Blizzard, they also didn't want warlocks to always play without a pet. By adding GoSac they only wanted to help out classes on fights where your pet bugs around (e.g. Deathwing). In a normal case a pet class will always be a pet class.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bout time. I love GoSac on my Warlock, and would love to play MM Hunter without a Pet. However, given pet's have raid buffs I'm sure you'll be forced to use one in raids unless they change it
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda between the last two options. I don't think I'll use it, as I've been a BM hunter since Vanilla. But it IS really freaking cool that they finally made an archer/sniper/ranger sort of thing. No pet, just straight up archery. Very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.