Heroes of the storm... 6/10 easy to get into awesome looking artwork could just pick up and play with relative ease....

lost points for watered down Moba themes and fucking payload map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to Wolfenstein the New Order

6 or 7 out of 10

Its a good game at least better than average, acting is good, very movie like, but this is not a movie, its a game, and there are just sooo many frustrating gameplay mechanics. The story felt off. I know they tried to make the characters fleshed out, but it was hard to really care other than the former Nazi and his disabled "son" they got way more fleshed out than the rest who are supposedly friends of your character. Also the fucking cutter things were just so annoying. Fake choices, dumb mini missions, lack of level variety (I mean the freakin moon felt boring, your just in another complex like this place in the UK, except things are more red and white and not black and gray). Underwater was attempted but not done well, and too much stealth for a game literally based on an old school shooter that was basically Doom, except with Nazis.

I can tell this game was def an inspiration for the Doom "reboot". They felt similar, and Doom did a great job. I can just hope the next Wolfenstein goes total mayhem like Doom did for Hell.

Also. There is like 1 real boss fight in the entire game.
    There are also annoying 1 shot kill mechanics.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-05-18 at 04:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Horizon Zero Dawn

9/10

Quake Champions beta: 6.5 / 10. Good basic action, most of the weapons feel / sound awful, and there's too much loot box / special ability nonsense to consider this any sort of proper Quake sequel.

Having said that, it still can be fun, and will probably be worth playing.

Deleted
    Endless Space 2 - 8/10 - Brilliant gameplay, but not always clear on its mechanics.
    Caves of Qud - 9/10 - quickly becoming my favourite roguelike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkest dungeon on ps4. 3/10 because the controls are atrocious, I couldn't even be bothered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cities Skylines
    9/10

Love it, but I would like more building options.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft: Legion 10/10

Deleted
    Zelda - Breath of the Wild 10/10

One of the best games i've played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Cities Skylines
    9/10

Love it, but I would like more building options.
    The Workshop is your friend!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
    7/10

Uh, where do I even begin... This is probably the game that gave me the most mixed feelings among all games I've ever played. Elements I liked, I really liked; elements I disliked, I hated with passion.

A lot of people said that this game was the closest to Planescape: Torment among everything released so far, and as a huge Planescape: Torment fan, I just had to play it at some point. It turned out to be nothing like that game, and I'm honestly not sure what parallels between these two games people see, aside from both having an utterly horrible combat.

So, let's get to the actual impressions.

---

The game features a pretty interesting universe set in modern times, with vampires hiding among mortals - one of the vampires is your protagonist, who was turned very recently and has to learn everything about the dark world around him/her. I think the universe was done really well, although I personally did not care much for it, since I don't like modern setting in video games. Amazing dark Gothic soundtrack adds to the atmosphere, but a lot of characters break the immersion: I think the game could do with less humor and more serious, dark elements.

What was truly amazing, and I've never seen it to such an extent in any other game before, is the detective play. You can stumble upon a computer with some commands protected by the password, which you can try to enter. This password can be anything, but there are often clues around; for example, in one of the first quests there is a room with a laptop in it, which is password-protected, but if you carefully explore the room, you will find a picture of a woman with the title "Imalia", and this turns out to be the password. Sometimes you really need to do a thorough search, reading other people's e-mails, hand notes or listening to their conversations to figure out how to break into something. Same with keys, pass cards, quest items... You also have a lot of skills you can level that will let you hack a computer without knowing the password, pick a lock without having to look for a key or another entrance, sneak in past guards without noticing you. You can climb in the vents - the gameplay in this regard resembles Deus Ex a lot.

Unfortunately, this is where the enjoyable parts end for me. Other aspects of the game are extremely unpolished. The visuals are truly ugly, and I don't mean "ugly by modern standards", I mean UGLY in the absolute sense; aesthetics could be miles better. The combat... don't even get me started, you will praise Witcher 1 combat after playing THIS. Sadly, despite the heavy focus of the game on the diversity of approaches to quests, you WILL have to fight, a lot, and not just fight random guards. There are boss fights you cannot avoid, and if you haven't put in enough points in fighting skills (both melee and ranged combat is important, you are unlikely to be able to get away with just leveling one, since different bosses require different approaches), you are going to be screwed at some point. The boss fights are some of the most frustrating stuff I've seen in gaming; the werewolf and Ming Xiao are going to be in my nightmares for weeks to come. They aren't "hard" to beat, but the mechanics is very maddening.

I wasn't impressed by the main story at all. You would think, in such an exotic universe, they could come up with something better than the generic "The end of the world is near! We must get rid of the evil artifact before it's too late!". Also, given that you are a vampire having to hide from the mortals, and having very few souls you can open up to without repercussions, the game had a huge potential for deep friendships and romances - but the developers blew it, with the only romance in the game being a couple minutes long, and with most characters serving as temporary quest givers, which you do not care for after you are done with their tasks.

---

Overall, this is the kind of game that does a few things brilliantly, but overall leaves a sour taste in the mouth. I'll give it 7/10, since I did enjoy certain elements of it, and, frankly, from reading about how clunky everything in the game is, I expected worse than this - but it definitely isn't the kind of game I'm going to replay from time to time, I think one playthrough is more than enough for this one. I'll say this: if you are a big fan of the Deus Ex series, then you will probably like Bloodlines a lot. If not (as I happen to be), then I wouldn't waste time - this is pretty much a clunkier version of Deus Ex with vampires.
    Last edited by May90; 2017-05-20 at 10:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Oxygen Not Included. 9/10 (beta)

New game from Klei (don't starve, invisible inc.) Survival/building game, really fun even if I still struggle to get a food source running I don't care. It's just fun trying to build a workable living space. I think it's going to end up being something really really good but even in it's current state it's a blast.

Prey, 8/10

Nice game with interesting plot, gameplay and world. Has nothing to do with the original, but it was a good ride.

Injustice 2 10/10

Had the chance to play Injustice 2 this weekend. Wonderful!

This is a highly significant game for the genre.

last classic video game i played was legend of zelda link to the past super Nintendo version. oh man that worm boss still beats your pants off. 8-10

in legion as subtlety rogue 3/10
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Nioh - 9/10

Despite not being made by Fromsoftware, Nioh is definitely a worthy addition to the genre. Samurai souls is a very apt nickname. Only real legitimate criticism I could give it is enemy variety but it never bothered me.

A couple games New to Me.

Hearthstone 8/10

I love this game but the PvP mode is way out of balance, esp for a new player. Its basically Pay to Win to have the best decks. Also, much of the Blizz RNG going on with this game. If those two things were fixed it would be 10/10 no doubt.

POE 8/10

This is actually a very good game but Im not the kind of person that likes doing the same thing over and over.

Tera 8/10

Another very good game but its so similar to WoW that it was hard for me to get into as much as I would have liked. Very nice graphics. The combat system is a little more complex than other MMOs. Its a shame that not a whole of people play this game. If more people played, I think this game would have ranked higher.

Swtor 8/10

Great stories and companions, fun combat and gameplay, its Star Wars

Cartel Market items can be really expensive, incredibly easy to get stuck where you can't move, fast travel, or escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    destiny, 8/10. More fun than I imagined.

Bloodborne. 1/10, 1 point for having a decent art style, though it's a shame it failed to actually make them look as nice as the various reviews promised.

Game was highly recommended to me by various people, was greatly disappointed to find another dark souls style game that takes all the worst elements of old-school gaming and combines them with none of the best elements of either old-school or modern gaming to create a product that's not terribly fun, but is so punishing and pointlessly frustrating that anyone who wishes to think of themselves as hardcore will flock to it and joyfully ignore all the flaws and problems in order to punish themselves on a large-budget game.