Deleted
    Horizon: Zero Dawn - 9/10

Came for visuals, stayed for the gameplay and story.

While the open world is quite basic, i ended up not caring because killing/looting/crafting loop was satisfying and fun. In other open world games i usually start ignoring enemies/side activities around midway just to finally finish the bloody game (especially ubisoft sandboxes), but with H:ZD it never became a problem. Even though there is not much more than killing machines again and again, i found it so very satisfying. Great sound design/effects helped with that alot. Probably my favourite combat experience in open world games.

Main story was great aswell, even though halfway through you kind of know where it's going. Didn't like all the tribal side stuff though. Characters and dialogues felt somewhat wooden and too cosplay-ish. And i just generally don't like cliffhanger endings aswell. Lazy writing. Ending on finding the "mother" was a much more fitting and beautiful way to do it.

Great first entry, looking forward excitedly for H:ZD 2. Probably should try DLC at some point.

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (2016) - 10/10

A perfect sequel to the old Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, with a medieval Japan setting. The biggest problem with the Commandos series is that it went downhill quickly after the first game. The other games added practically nothing of value. On the other hand, Shadow Tactics brings back everything that was fun in the original game, and enhances it in the right direction. Modern UI, QoL improvements, nice story, cool environment/object interactions, simultaneous actions, achievements that make you approach missions differently, etc. I had a lot of fun and even came back and replayed every mission a few times just to complete the achievements.

Ys VIII The Lacrimosa of Dana - 9/10.

A little slow to get going, but once it does, it is a joy. A diverse, interesting array of characters shipwrecked on a mysterious island, they need to learn to work together if they are going to survive. I enjoyed the exploration, building up of defences, the raid and hunt features were fun and I really liked the fast paced combat. I really enjoyed the story, peeling away the layers of mystery surrounding the island and what had happened here in the past. This is a must for any JRPG fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Monster Hunter World (Ps4), A solid 8 out of 10.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Black Ops 4
    3/10

Everything about that game feels wrong; stim, healing, health in general, recoil, maps, choppy movement, ugh. I don't think anyone in their right mind would buy such a horrible console port.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Octopath Traveler
    6/10

Fell for the hype. Amazing story! 120 hours gameplay! Really hard!

30 hours later, played through the whole story and beat the super secret boss at lvl 50 on the second try.

Story was alright but told extremely badly, with every conversation taking 5 times as long as necessary to play out. The pointless challenge/steal/inspect/whatever minigame seemed designed to waste your time as well, and was totally unnecessary since the game is so easy you don't need any of the benefits those systems provide.

Job system was kinda cool, but was again undermined by how short and easy the game is.

Combat system was kinda cool as well, but was also undermined by how the break system stunning even bosses makes everything trivially easy. Who thought this was a good idea?

Overall, pretty disappointing. Really needed a NG+.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ni No Kuni 2 on PS4.
    9/10 Gorgeous game.
    Studio Ghibli gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit become human. 9.5/10. Its possibly one of the few games I contemplated giving a 10/10 on but there were a few niggly story bits that got me and its still a David cage game mechanically.

I can't praise my gaming experience enough though, it's hard to put in to words quite how much I enjoyed it. I got the ending I desired and I think one of the strongest things is the attachment to my story, however the knock on effect is that I have zero interest in playing through again and seeing a different story. Now I'm not equating the writing to that of Tolkein but its like reading a book or watching a film and then you watch it again but tis completely different. but its the same characters. Thats a negative because the game is still comparatively short for a £30 price tag. But those hours were some of the most engaging gaming in my 33 odd years of playing games.

5+ Year Old Account
    The last game I finished was Spider-Man. It's funny, there's a lot of stuff I really didn't enjoy about the game, like the weird combat and the finicky traversal in low speed / close quarters. Both of these were exacerbated by the challenge missions that made the terrible choice of relying heavily on the game's weakest aspects.

There was also issues I had with the level design in a few of the scripted events. The prison section had enemies I couldn't clear because they were clipped behind doors or had fallen off a rooftop and into the space behind a truck. I then failed twice on a mission because Electro went inside the building, but it wasn't easy to follow this visually, so I just kept swinging looking for him until it failed me. There were also a number of non-Spider-Man missions that were a bit of a slog that I didn't enjoy. Overall, I would frequently think "the sequel will be a great game."

But I couldn't stop thinking about it. I kept coming back to it even after I had tried to move on. Even if I was just doing one or two challenges, it kept pulling me back in. It's really fun to be Spider-Man, and it is just mindlessly fun to swing through New York and check items off your list. I think the game is, in many ways, more than the sum of its parts. It's a solid 8/10 for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiderman 9/10 - Loved almost everything about it. The non-Spiderman sections were a little meh although they got better toward the end. The story was fucking 10/10. One of the best Spiderman stories I've seen. The end... man heart-wrenching on so many levels. Overall, as JaredLJ said, I think the sequel will be fucking ridiculous.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Spiderman 9/10 - Loved almost everything about it. The non-Spiderman sections were a little meh although they got better toward the end. The story was fucking 10/10. One of the best Spiderman stories I've seen. The end... man heart-wrenching on so many levels. Overall, as JaredLJ said, I think the sequel will be fucking ridiculous.
    Yeah, in terms of its story, it's probably my second favorite Spider-Man movie. I like this Peter Parker more than the Sam Raimi / Toby Maguire one, and the story had more emotional weight than any of those (and obviously the Amazing reboots). I would still say Homecoming is the best, but this one is a very close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow of Mordor. 8/10, solid game. Borrowed it, Didn't buy it. Happy.

Rimworld 9/10

It's a generous score for such a shitty looking, low-budget game but it is everything I love. If it had a more logical, sensible, efficient, pleasant to look at and navigate UI it would get a perfect score from me. The graphics are tolerable, it's mostly just the dumb and idiosyncratic UI that makes the game extra difficult. I really hate the UI in case you missed my point, it's like they threw every system and option they could think of in a plain text box, scrambled it, and then called that box a UI.

It's a great game though. Extreme progression and difficulty, kinda like terraria only much more hardcore. If you like micromanaging things to an extreme degree, but with the potential of eventually automatizing most things, I can't think of a better game for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far cry 5 5/10. An entirely generic and mundane affair with a ridiculously unbelievable storyline. Its got yoobisoft written all over it. Bleh.

shadow of the tomb raider
    8/10
    I had high hopes it would be more mature like the 2013 but it’s just a darker rise instead. Absolutels till phenominal game but yeah, feels very much like rise.

Deleted
    overwatch
    8/10

only game from blizz that has a shred of passion put into it

Ratchet and Clank on the PS4.

Bit too simplistic of a story and felt a bit short. Sure it's a cartoon'y action platformer but still.

Gorgeous looking game though, a nice batch of fun characters, good weapon variety.

Let's go 7/10.

Dragon Quest XI. 9/10.

It's a refreshingly long RPG that can be even longer if you're the achievement/collector kind of person. The crafting system is interesting, the monsters are hilarious, and the combination of turn-based fighting and being able to choose *when* to fight is fantastic for a traditional RPG.

However, the plot is standard, many of the characters are dull and the voice-acting/music is nothing special. There's a few moments that are hilarious, most of them revolving around a certain character, who is easily one of the most memorable in the series. Luckily, everything else more than makes up for the game's faults. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Bloodborne

9/10

Looks good, plays well, feels terrific. The lore is very interesting, but hard to follow in-game; most of it I learned from a wiki, which leaves me puzzled where the people responsible for the wiki learned it in the first place, as the game is very hush hush about it. Besides for lore, I decided early on to keep referencing the wiki for content in general, because it's ridiculously easy to miss stuff if you don't know to look for it. For example, I didn't know how Eileen the Crow's questline advanced, so naturally as I traveled around old areas I didn't know she was fighting Henryk at the area you fought Father Gascoine in and she died before I realised what was happening, thus I didn't get to experience the rest of her stuff. With a backlog like mine I'm generally not that into replaying games, so that's why I want to digest everything I can on the first playthrough.

The environments vary nicely, but I'd still say too much of the game is spent in a gothic victorian cityscape. Also, some areas are just too linear to be likable, especially a certain distant castle, which promised much more than it delivered.

My favourite boss battle was Maria. Not the hardest, but functionally and aesthetically the most enjoyable. Orphan was the hardest.

I used Saw Cleaver and Hunter's Axe for a good portion of the game, but eventually replaced them with Ludwig's Holy Blade and the Boom Hammer. Blunderbuss was my main gun of choice, changing for the pistol when encountering hunters. Other firearms I tested and left gathering dust afterwards. I generally liked the weapon design of Bloodborne. Fewer options than in Dark Souls, but in turn all the weapons feel like they do what they do well instead of just being potentially worse versions of something else.
    Ya...have to agree about how NPC storys/interactions work. I love that its kinda mysterious, like most of the soulsborne games, but I just ended up having to consult a wiki in the end to understand npc interactions.

Maybe there is a happy medium somewhere. Keep it mysterious, but put in decipherable clues what to do. I usually felt I had no idea how to keep their quests going.

But I feel like adding a quest log, for example, would completely ruin the feel, and be out of place frankly.

Fallout 4 - 7/10.
    I love the game and the modding is amazing, however the score is because of the random error-less CTD that can happen with and without mods installed and it really ruins the immersion.