Halo 3 (through MCC on PC) - Still a 9/10
    Doom 2 The Master Levels - 7/10 some good levels,some...less so

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    A Way Out. 10/10

Fantastic game to play with a friend.
    Haha same here, trying to get out prison in the laundry, fun af (9/10).

Played Cyberpunk (7/10) and Battlefront 2 (7/10) recently.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

outer worlds 7/10

Story was cool. i liked it.

perks were just okay. they weren't exiting to me.

the "mutation" thing was interesting but why would i take negative stat(s) for just a perk point?

the skills okay but i felt like there may have been too many. the level it up to 50 before pick what you really wanted was cool.

Companions were both interesting and boring. their perks were kind of meh. i did like that a companions skill could used in place of yours, if yours wasnt high enough

guns were cool. the gun mods were cool. i was massively disappointed that there was no SMGs. science weapons are an interesting take to the energy weapon concept.

the armor was okay look wise. the stats were boring. the mods were cool.

it was way too short. i would have loved it was longer(closer to 100 hours instead of 25). I had fun and i will probably play it again at some point with a different build.

if they make a second one i hope they make it longer. Give more life to the companions and more than 6. refine the perks and make them cooler. add more gun types. maybe different stats for the armor. flat skill increases is kind of boring for armor. skills could probably use a rework somewhat like fusing both melee skills into just 1. also just more refinement.

anyway thank you for your time and i hope everyone has a good day.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Played Terraria for the first time a couple months back after watching Uberdanger's rather convincing, and amazing, review of it and I would give the game a solid 9/10. The only deduction is that after our group cleared Moon Lord we had no motivation to continue playing as we did our play through on Master Mode so it's not like we could play through again on a higher difficulty and we had all achievements completed except the one to do the fishing daily 200 times.

Horizon zero dawn, recently bought it on steam with DLC included I'd give it a 8/10. A solid game but nothing amazing.

Gameplay is quite good, it feels satisfying to quickly take down bigger robots that felt like bosses before when you get the right ammo and find the right spots to shoot, although not perfect especially dodging could feel hit or miss if it worked.

The overarching story/setting was pretty interesting but the details less so. Uncovering what had happened to make the world how it was genuinely intrigued me but I never cared for any NPCs or their current day stories, the faces feeling very uncanny valley didn't help either (neither did playing Cyberpunk before this in that regard) or that much of the writing felt like forced feminism.

So in short gameplay carries the story.

The game did bsod me twice (after quite long sessions 8h+ with lots of tabbing in and out), which has only happened once before on this PC but other then that I didn't really experience any notable issues which after 3 years since release should be standard.

Finished the game in 50hours or so, including the DLC think I did all quests and major collectibles (whats on the map).

AC: Valhalla - 7/10

Subscribed to Ubisoft+ to access this for a month and I strongly doubt I'll sub another month. I do like some of that it did, such as gear having to be obtained once and then upgraded rather than the earlier game's loot torrent, the raiding mechanic, obtaining skills via books in the world, nerfing the bird so you actually have to explore a little bit, but the rest is same old AC, and while I like Eivor well enough the story just failed to grab me. Probably because it spends less time on the overarching storyline and more on the sub-story of every single region which often feel like total filler with tons of one-off characters who are so boring and nondescript save for a few that I could barely remember their names. I liked Ivarr even if he's a bit overdone and Eivor's relationship with Sigurd and... yeah that's it, the rest are just meh.

Looking at the power level required for some of the regions (360 for one?? that's 180 level ups for pete's sake!) I know this would be a ridiculously long game full of more and more filler quests, so I just stopped at some point. I prefer its design to Odyssey but somehow played less of it, possibly because half forcing myself though Odyssey to the end burned me out on the franchise for a long while.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Hades 9/10

Amazing game, played 10 hours so far and gonna get so many more hours in it.

Rogue Legacy 2 7/10

Well im a sucker for these roguelike games and like the new art style, but the game is not even near finished so hard to give it an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Cyperpunk 2077 - 6/10

Enjoyable, but tons of annoying minor bugs, possibly more than any AAA title I've ever played. I never was all that engaged in the story, and never developed any kind of emotional attachment to any characters. Since completing it I haven't rebooted the save from right before 'the big decision' to see the other endings, as frankly I don't care. We'll see what a year or so of post release patches and DLC can do for it, maybe I'll give it another go in 2022.
    its truly crazy when you think about it how messed up cyberpunk came out....this was a company people had almost fanatical faith in....bethesda levels of insanity,ironic considering fallout 76 was also in a similar boat but worse because its multiplayer

cd red managed to screw it up leagues worse than any of the other tripleA companies have ever done,people have been bashing over the years,the worst i can think of besides ofc bethesda,was ac unity...and that was just some wonky animation glitches that were more funny than frustrating..its kinda crazy to think that the same company made witcher 3

anyways...

recently got the Kingdoms of Amalur remaster,as remasters go its barebones but atleast it works,as the game itself...man i really wanted to like it but....5/10,so so much re used assets,its worse than skyrim on its dungeon design repeat,and the dodge is so beyond broken,figthing more than 2 enemies on the hardest difficulty is suicide sometimes

Yakuza Kiwami
    First Yakuza game Ive ever played, had for a while decided what the hell see what all the praise of this series is about...

Holy fucking shit where has this series been my entire life! Fun combat, great story, fantastic humor...and this is basically the first game?...now to get the others 9/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Fable Anniversary: 6/10 - Mostly because the concept is very unique, despite the gameplay being extremely clunky and the refreshed graphics being... well. The environment is good, but the characters...

Fable III: 8/10 - It has lost a lot of the unique traits that made the first so compelling in the first place, but the story is great and some of the great concepts from the first were kept. I gave it 8/10 because it aged surprisingly well.

Fable II: Not sure - I'm playing on my Xbox One this Xbox 360 game through my PC with the Xbox Companion App. So the experience is less than stellar. With that said, it seems to have taken the best of Fable I and III and made something truly unique... it's a true shame it never was released on PC.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Yakuza Kiwami
    First Yakuza game Ive ever played, had for a while decided what the hell see what all the praise of this series is about...

Holy fucking shit where has this series been my entire life! Fun combat, great story, fantastic humor...and this is basically the first game?...now to get the others 9/10
    Yakuza 3-5 on Steam in 3 days, while Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Yakuza Like a Dragon already available
    Better start with Yakuza 0 though

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    Fable II: Not sure - I'm playing on my Xbox One this Xbox 360 game through my PC with the Xbox Companion App. So the experience is less than stellar. With that said, it seems to have taken the best of Fable I and III and made something truly unique... it's a true shame it never was released on PC.
    This was the only Fable game I played. I found it to be a let down, but also something that came close to being great. I wasn't really a fan of the combat, but I found the plot and voice acting to be really enjoyable, I just found the main arc to be far too short. I found the sidequests to be too repetitive. I felt there wasn't enough of the stuff that they did well in the game, and in the end I felt disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    This was the only Fable game I played. I found it to be a let down, but also something that came close to being great. I wasn't really a fan of the combat, but I found the plot and voice acting to be really enjoyable, I just found the main arc to be far too short. I found the sidequests to be too repetitive. I felt there wasn't enough of the stuff that they did well in the game, and in the end I felt disappointed.
    Yeah I think it summarize the game well. Even playing them (the trilogy) after all these years, the core concept still feel interesting and fresh. The execution, however, is lacking. I wonder what they'll do with Fable 4. Hopefully, given the current-gen tech, they'll be able to achieve the potential they aimed to achieve with the first trilogy.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Kards

Started on the tutorials - too early to judge. If it turns out to be pay-to-win, pay-to-gainanyadvantage or skipthegrind then in the trash it goes.

Just beat 7C for the first time on Celeste, leaving nothing but 8C left for 100% 58 hours spent so far, and I'll at least double that in the coming years.

Easy 10/10. One of my all time favourite games. Absolutely magical experience with incredible gameplay, narrative, music, & art.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Rogue Legacy 2 7/10

Well im a sucker for these roguelike games and like the new art style, but the game is not even near finished so hard to give it an opinion
    I was so close to buying RL2 on launch after putting a solid 30 hours into the original but the lack of content really does seem to be all everyone ever talks about. I know it's in early access, but still, I expeceted it to have more than it seemingly does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    7/10

Still a fun game, the satisfaction of killing Orcs still feels super over the top silly, the ending is still super rushed though. Those last two bosses went by really fast.

I do still wonder if we were not supposed to get one more zone and have the last boss at the end of that? Even the boss fights themselves feel tacted on last minute. Also the controls are pretty janky at times. But the main focus really is on killing the orcs and gaining that nemesis, that is where the core meat of the game is and it delivers there. also great sounds score, and graphics still hold up well enough near 6 years later
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-01-31 at 12:05 PM.

Deus Ex: Mankind divided
    7\10
    while the game is pretty ok - during my 4 hrs of gameplay i've encountered more gamebraking bugs that in my entire cyberpunk playthrough. also story feels abit dull

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Immortals Fenyx Rising from Ubisoft it 10 of 10. I've played this game for 90 Hours and it's awesome.

Last of Us, part II: 7/10

A friend who's a massive fan of this lent me his PS4 so I could play it. And wow is this a game of high highs and low lows. On the plus side, the overall presentation is just amazing, whenever it's in the graphics, animations, attention to detail, or voice acting prowess, everything about this game at first glance oozes quality. It's hard to believe how great it manages to look on the PS4's venerable hardware. The gameplay is quite decent, nothing groundbreaking but correctly resolving an encounter is pretty rewarding, even if the realism aspect kind of takes a hit when the game pits your normal human character against 15+ people and you trounce them.

Now, the on story, trying to avoid spoilers... as I said, high highs and low lows. The moment to moment writing is often quite good, and it has some amazing standout scenes. But these moments can't shake the feeling that the overall story just doesn't work for me. The characters... well I just didn't end up liking anyone. Close to everybody in this game is a raging piece of shit more interested in blind vengeance than anything approaching pragmatism and survival. I found this a stark contrast to the first game where even its worst assholes had survival at least as an excuse for what they did; here it's all ditched in lieu of a narrative about how bad vengeance is. They're not even trying to be subtle about it or encourage different interpretations. As well, it seems the game has an overall theme of dehumanization and how it leads to people doing horrible things to others, while it itself dehumanizes entire groups of people so that the player has something to shoot without feeling bad about it when the dust settles. The final faction you fight is particularly awful about this but by no means the only time it happens.

Overall I still had a good time, but no way in hell am I replaying this, the story is just too miserable, frustrating, and thematically bankrupt to be worth it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning [6.5/10]

I played the original when it first came out so it's nice to re-experience the game again, as I had basically forgot 75% of the game which upon a second playthrough makes a lot of sense. At this point I'm debating whether I should just rush to the end of the game, switch over to AC: Valhalla, or go back to Nioh 2.

1. The game is way to easy; I'm playing full Sorcery since last time I played I was Might & Finesse hybrid and I 1-2 shot pretty much everything even when I'm not trying to min/max my character. I pretty lazily equip gear (bigger number = better) and am having pretty much no issues with combat. I end up really only taking damage due to clunky controls (long animations for basic attacks/spells, major input buffering) instead of actually difficult encounters.

2. The game feels shallow; it has a lot of systems (lockpicking, dispelling, stealth, gem & armor crafting, etc) but all feel either way to situational/rare (persuasion), pointless (dispelling), or feel like an afterthought (thievery/killing friendly NPCs). Even the talent trees feel like they contain either generic passives, 2 basic combos for your melee attacks, or bland skills/spells. It felt bad when I finally unlocked the tri-element spell near the end of the Sorcery tree only to find that it took three times as long to case while dealing less damage than the bland fire spell I got 15 levels prior.

3. My god the load times on my standard PS4 are terrible; if my inventory is full, I need to fast travel to town (45s load), enter a building (30-45s), sell/salvage my items, exit (45s), then fast travel back to where I was (another 30-45s) and that's not counting if I need to return to my house to deposit some items into storage (another 2+ minutes of loading).

It's not a bad game, it's just ...bland.
    Last edited by Floofi; 2021-02-11 at 12:20 AM.