Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    Oh please give me a break, doesn't matter if game play is executed properly if it's total crap from the design standpoint. You are arguing semantics here, not the core of the problem, which is how shallow games have been and will continue to be if we as consumers don't start expecting more.

SoM, as I have explained earlier, the mechanics are fine in a way, smooth, responsive, and all that, the aesthetic is good, the story passable (just), and the nemesis system is a nice spin on teh genre....however, the gameplay is shockingly repetative, a common flaw with games that tell you to "go create your own story", and the combat is laughably easy. Sure you can argue its smooth....but are we really giving credit to a game you can literally defeat an infinite amount of enemies by spamming 1 button, with your monitor turned off....I'm sorry, tahts not an arguement over implementation or difficulty, thats just piss poor game design.

Anyway, I made these points earlier (in a short post yes, but enough to give the gist), and the "other person" here selectively ignored them and went on about semantic arguements as is their wont. dammit, I'm replying...must resist....

As for games:
    Elite Dangerous.

Been playing it a fair bit and now feel comfortable in scoring it at 7/10.
    Though that could drop or rise depending on what content frontier put out soon. base game is brilliant, the aesthetic is brilliant, the feeling of scale is wonderful and you cant help but be amazed when you really do realise the scope of the galaxy you can explore. No other game has ever conveyed teh shear size of space as this one does in my opinion, nor the sense of awe when you jump into a new system and see 4 suns lined up (and then die a fiery deaht from emerging between two of them but hey thats how it goes).

teh controls are responsive, and the flying and combat feel good.

BUT and its a humongous, Kim Kardashian comedy sized But.......its repetative to an obnoxious degree. it lacks action, there are many areas of teh game just underdeveloped, such as mining, player interaction, faction warfare etc.

The game has enormous potential and is light years ahead of any other space sim in its base game systems, and if its expanded content wise to add diversity, and preferably things like better multiplayer elements, faction war fare, a better political system, possibly player owned structures etc...then it will truely be a great game.

Right now its a damm pretty space truckers game. visually great, and with amazing breadth, but very little depth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes, but it has no real value for discussion. What media, audience, influence and/or market share do you command?
    Off all the arrogant down right stupid things for anyone, let alone a mod to say.....

This is a discussion forum, people are supposed to share opinions, for you to arbitrarily decide some have more value than others is just absurd.....

Goddammit, I'm responding again.....but this person....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Smite - 8/10 Server instability and a matchmaking system that could be improved upon drop the score. As a MOBA, I think it's a great game.
    great game. very fair payment model, and adds a new direction of innovation in what has become a very formulaic genre.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2015-01-05 at 11:35 AM.

9/10

It's a very entertaining game, easily my GOTY for 2014. Excellent and memorable soundtrack, very humorous, decent combat that keeps you engaged, isn't grindy, interesting story. The choices you make also affect your gameplay directly as well as alter the ending.

For cons its an unforgiving game where save scumming is necessary because it will randomly punish you unless you played through before and know what will happen. As for party builds most of them are crap if they don't consist of a few very overpowered members and stacking your team to do insane damage making every battle trivial.

Pokemon Omega Ruby - 7/10

I played the original Ruby ~10 years ago so I don't remember much making this playing of it pretty fun. The upgraded graphics are fun and the inclusion of the Exp Share (from X/Y I believe) that splits Exp with your whole team is huge in cutting out some of the tedium of leveling pokemon. I have been taking my time and leveling and catching everything in an area before moving on so I can't rate 'late game'. Though I went with with the 7/10 because it felt like a decent rating for a remake that's main thing is the graphical update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age Inquisition - 9/10

Beautiful graphics and sound, astonishingly huge environments to explore that are packed with stuff to do (I joke that Hinterlands could be a game of its own) and a great cast of characters... my only complaints are small things like non-interactive NPCs and vague quests/story tidbits that don't seem to have a true conclusion or payoff.

Regardless, IMO DA:I is one of the best games Bioware has done yet. As soon as I beat it I rolled a Qunari 2H warrior and happily started a new game.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brothers: Tales of Two Sons - 9/10

Was a good game. Controls were great, story was great, graphics were very good. You really feel for these characters. But I think the game could have been a little longer and could have used more controls.

The Walking Dead - 10/10

I loved this game. I could not stop playing it. If you like story, this is your game. The aesthetics really looked like the comic book(which the game was based of off). There is plenty of character development and the gameplay is not too bad. One thing I think was bad was the point and click nature of it some times. Walking felt a little slow and sometimes you try to go in one area and it will not simply let you go there, you hit a invible wall. Which is fine, but it kills the immersion. They should just wall it off instead of having an invible wall. The one other thing I did not like was if you had the ability to kill off a character then it means that person is either going to die or leave. Most likely because it is more difficult for the story to continue if one person that guy is alive and in another he is dead, But it needs to change.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Title: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix
    Overall Score: 8.2/10

Since 2.5 remix dropped, figured I could start working on my backlog a little. Boy did nostalgia hit hard. Kingdom Hearts is an amazing experience with such heavy charm hitting you non-stop. The overabundance of Disney characters singing outloud the game's script in orchestra while the Final Fantasy/original peeps keeping the sillyness from straying too far. Through the shell lied a very heartwarming story revolving three friends. I enjoyed my 14th time returning to the many worlds that KH had to offer, but for the first time in Final Mix version. New enemies, new abilities, new secret boss (gummie missions were too tedious later on) and so forth.

Re: Chain of Memories was the 2nd game. Was not too much of a fan of the gameplay. Very repetitive level layout, bland and recolored decor straight from the 1st game, and linear pathing. Deck system had a bit of ingenuity to it and I enjoyed for awhile until you realized it got a little too extreme: if you used a deck that the bosses had a weakness too, you can breeze through the game. If you decide the more challenging route, it gets very difficult and very annoying. Laid on top was the 2nd layer of story that you had to trudge through because it was the exact same level layout/decor/linear pathing from the first part of this game. Even worse is that you can't even edit your deck anymore. The plot was pretty good with lovable characters.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days is just a movie sequence, remade in HD from the original DS game. What an amazing presentation. Not once did I get bored watching this. Heavy use of foreshadowing throughout the many scenes and a deliberate homage to the original game whereas the story revolves around 3 friends. Lots of grade A voice acting brought the characters to life. You felt touched by each and every single person who graced the screen. In contrast the other two games seemed a bit cheesy. I enjoyed this portion of the 1.5 remix package a whole lot.

counterstrike global offensive.. it's a blast.. especially with friends. Very intense and hilarious moments in competitive. 8/10

Latest game i played....

Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth Investigations - i started playing the Ace Attorney series some time ago and i've never stopped to be amazed about how the game itself despite having a very simple and maybe repetitive sturcture can be so addictive - it's like looking at a TV serie that keeps you attached and wanting to know what happens next.

The Miles Edgeworth spin-off adds some new elements to the game (better than the Apollo Justice chapter imho), and while i feel the characterization is pretty good, it doesn't quite get to the original levels. Phoenix Wrights gives just a better feeling to me - also the investigations part with the direct control of the main character doesn't feel quite in place. The "logic" part instead adds quite a lot to the game, instead of just talking to people and presenting evidence to unlock more dialog segments; adding facts around to "create" new stuff is quite good.

I'd rate it a 7.5/10 - imho it's a good game that deserves more than a simple 6. I'm now playing the second spin-off before turning the Nintendo Shop on and buying Dual Destinies, so i'll have played the entire serie.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    The last of us....9/10..I wans Last of us 2

Deleted
    I just started Factorio.
    At the moment I give it an 8 out of 10. It might go up or down as I progress through the levels. They're already getting quite complicated.

Deleted
    Borderlands : The Pre-sequel 8/10

Played with a friend/still playing on our third playthrough.

Pros:
    Beatiful enviroments
    Guns
    Story
    Handsome Jack

Cons:
    Only doing story missions on later difficulties (+TVHM) will not give you enough xp and enemies will soon be too high level.
    Grinder RNG
    The cloaking beasts from Research and Development on Helios, mainly the ones with the constant knockbacks

Game of Thrones Episode 1: 8.5/10

I really enjoyed the game. It was everything I expected from a Telltalle game. There were many "holy shit did that just happen???" moments. I have heard the games choices don't make much if any of an impact on the story, but I only played through once so can't comment on that.

The only issues I had were the graphics were a little weird I though. Also I understand the game is broken up into episodes, but it felt short. Maybe I just enjoyed it that much, who knows lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evolve: 10/10

Can't wait for february!

Only seven years late!

Mass Effect: 9/10

It was excellent, worthy of the high reviews, but not perfect. It was glitchy in more than one spot, and the infamous "load-evators" were noticeable, but excellent otherwise. Awesome story. Looking forward to finally playing the sequels, now.

A little late, but just finished the Wolf Among Us. 7/10. I enjoyed it, but it was slow going at times. Choices seemed to matter more than in Walking Dead, which was cool. I still haven't figured out how to unlock some of the achievements, which is weird. It'd be cool if they put together a sequel, but I'm not sure how they'd go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Only seven years late!

Mass Effect: 9/10

It was excellent, worthy of the high reviews, but not perfect. It was glitchy in more than one spot, and the infamous "load-evators" were noticeable, but excellent otherwise. Awesome story. Looking forward to finally playing the sequels, now.
    Mass Effect 2 and 3 is even better, play them too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing MIND: Path to Thalamus so far. Haven't finished it.

Indie puzzle game in the first person perspective using Unreal Engine 3. Fucking amazing visuals and art direction married to the worst, most convoluted plot in any game I've ever played. You're some guy in a coma in a hospital, wrestling with the death of your little sister Sophia when you were kids and now your little daughter's maybe-death who is also named Sophia, because your dad chased storms when you were a kid and then you grew up and had a kid you named after your sister and now both of you are maybe-dead because you chased storms.

And PATH TO THALAMUS, like the structure in the middle of your brain, between the two halves of your brain? SO CLEVER!

But seriously the game looks amazing and the puzzles have been really fun and very Valve-like in that the environments kind of gently point you in the right direction to figure out the solution.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Recently replayed BattleBlock Theater: 10/10

Very fun and quirky game (butt salad!), and just a generally fun game. The levels are inventive with limited mechanics, but are used in such a way that are very fun. Can't think of a single negative thing to say; it has surpassed Super Meat Boy in my mind, and is my favorite platformer of all time (well...maybe tied with Donkey Kong Country...). Also, that narrator is just a treat. I feel like I'm rewarded for beating levels just by listening to his narration.

Darkest Dungeon 9/10.

Spectacular! Some of the best narration, writing, and gameplay metaphors I ever seen implemented. The game is lean and pure in it's gameplay that is just shy of perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Darkest Dungeon 9/10.
    Awesome! I've been looking hard at that game. I may just pick it up, now.

How many hours have you put into it?