Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    What about Mists of Pandaria was childish, in your opinion?
    You mean beer elementals, farmville, jazz jackrabbit and a monkey army are totally mature aspects of the expansion, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I did not find it childish at all myself (No more then the rest of WoW). Hell Garrosh tried to purge the Horde of "Lesser" races. I also found the sha to be one of the most creepiest things in wow. Right up there with the old gods and there other non-mortal minions (dragons and elementals excluded).
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-11-11 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    If you really need someone to tell you why an expansion revolving around a civilization of fluffly martial arts pandas with wide eyes, whose introduction was a comic-relief combat video, was childish... Well, then you are really in denial.

This always surprised me. That the overal theme and feel of MoP is childish is just a self-evidence. And don't tell me that it wasn't because there were evil guys and some moral themes, because any decent cartoon for kids have those. If you liked it, that's ok. There's plenty of adults that love Pixar movies, nothing wrong with it, but nobody would deny that Pixars' movies have visual language and themes which are intentionally and specifically made to be appealing to children. It's just evident.

If you really need to deny that MoP was childish to affirm that you liked it, that's just a problem of yours. Apparently your self-esteem is frail and you aren't ready to admit that you liked a childish product.
    Last edited by mmocca8cc527ec; 2013-11-11 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    i think exactly the same like this man... i did not like pandas, i do not like asia stuff (in general... the video shows, the mangas, p*rn, tv series like one peace, dreagon ball, etc... the hole philosphy from any kind of asia culture. i respect it, but i have not fun with it. it bores me to hell. i only like asia food. i got an uncle in japan ; )
    That is fine, but those things don't make MoP childish, WoW in many ways was already childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    If you really need someone to tell you why an expansion revolving around a civilization of fluffly martial arts pandas with wide eyes, whose introduction was a comic-relief combat video, was childish... Well, then you are really in denial.

This always surprised me. That the overal theme and feel of MoP is childish is just a self-evidence. And don't tell me that it wasn't because there were evil guys and some moral themes, because any decent cartoon for kids have those. If you liked it, that's ok. There's plenty of adults that love Pixar movies, nothing wrong with it, but nobody would deny that Pixars' movies have visual language and themes which are intentionally and specifically made to be appealing to children. It's just evident.

If you really need to deny that MoP was childish to affirm that you liked it, that's just a problem of yours. Apparently your self-esteem is frail and you aren't ready to admit that you liked a childish product.
    thats exactly how I feel, you really nailed it

Deleted
    I didnt think it was childish, then again Im 27 and not 12 unlike those posters.

WoW isnt a mature game to begin with, so I think its laughable when people point out certain bits in it as childish.

I believe it's the juxtaposition of pandas with orcs and such. It's not that there's anything inherently wrong with Pandaria, it's just it conjures up images of Kung Fu Panda (monk highlights this).

it was the vibrant color and them of MoP that gives that impression, the lore was quite dark and you could see and read things that were on par with the worst that WoW has to offer in its lore BUT all of that in heavy orange and yellow it kinda breaks the mood BUT if you go beyond the aesthetics its not childish

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgetjones View Post
    I agree with all the posts about the dark themes (kind of reminded me of the Spanish landing in the West with their guns and smallpox blankets). At the end of the Jade Forest, I was like....this is fucked up.

That said, the imagery is absolutely childish or teenishly silly. Giant vegetables, talking monkeys with kid-gibberish language (ook you in the dooker?), dinosaurs, etc. I don't want a "boss" to be an angry bunny. Beer is an element, now? This is the stuff of a toy chest or a frat house. You could put Cho or Hozen or half of the new creatures on a kid's bedspread and they'd sell like hotcakes.

I enjoy wow's high fantasy, sci-fantasy, and steampunk. It all fits together. Kung Fu Panda and the Land Before Time can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. Glad the xpac is ending.
    Un'Goro crater and that similar place in Northende are also the Land Before Time? Why did you not tell classic WoW and WotLK to f**k off?

If you think something is childish, chances are you aren't mature enough to be associated comfortably with said thing.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Because of the way they were portrayed, all the animations look goofy and the characters models fat and silly. I just can't take them serious.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    This game has always been childish.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    All the CoD-playing 17 year olds calling it childish kind of ruined it for me. The expac was fine on it's own though.

Your game can have the best gameplay and mechanics ever created, but when you slap a Kung Fu Panda theme on it, I'm not going to be interested. Some people can look past that -- good for them. I think it was childish, many others think it was childish, but clearly some people enjoyed it. People have different opinions on stuff... end of story.

One caveat though is that I'm going to judge you differently if you tell me you enjoyed MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, OK, this pretty much covers everything that ever needs to be said on this topic.

Deleted
    I didn't feel it was childish at all.

Rather, the story kinda played out exactly like Chris Metzen said back in Blizzcon 2011. He said that Mists was going to be the calm before the storm. And we had an expansion that dealt with inner turmoil (telling the story of Emperor Shaohao, the inner struggles of Garrosh Hellscream and several of the other racial leaders) and all out WAR.

The previous two expansions may have dealt with end of the world scenarios, but Mists was as dark as it gets.

The whole kung fu panda deal, that's just people making fun of an easy target. I took in the Pandaren storyline and I thought it was pretty great. I had my ingame sound on for the entirety of the Pandaren starting area and I stayed around to listen to dialogues because it was damn good.

Deleted
    Did you play the expansion? It was grim. The land was beautiful and peaceful and then we came and fucked it up and showed it's nasty side that really didn't need to be shown.

If you really need someone to tell you why an expansion revolving around a guy in over-sized goofy armor who's trademark during the expansion is basically saying "You may have defeated me this time, but i'll be back!", was childish... Well, then you are really in denial.

This always surprised me. That the overal theme and feel of WoW is childish is just a self-evidence. And don't tell me that it wasn't because there were evil guys and some moral themes, because any decent cartoon for kids have those. If you liked it, that's ok. There's plenty of adults that love Pixar movies, nothing wrong with it, but nobody would deny that Pixars' movies have visual language and themes which are intentionally and specifically made to be appealing to children. It's just evident.

If you really need to deny that WoW is childish to affirm that you liked it, that's just a problem of yours. Apparently your self-esteem is frail and you aren't ready to admit that you liked a childish product.
    I agree, it isn't a very serious game.

The Pandaren were very cartoonish and I really don't like Asian themed/kung-fu stuff. It caters to a market that I am not a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemonium View Post
    The Pandaren were very cartoonish and I really don't like Asian themed/kung-fu stuff. It caters to a market that I am not a part of.
    I don't like the number of quests in WoW that involve digging through poop. It caters to a market that I am not a part of.

There was nothing childish about Pandaria. There were some kids obsessed with Kung Fu panda, but their inability to see anything else is meaningless.