Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Makes me wish I had a friend who hadn't already tried WoW. That emerald hippogryph is stunning but I have no hope of getting it.
    Firstly, let me get the obvious joke out of the way:
    "Makes me wish I had a friend..."

But to be serious - I hate to be "that guy", but this is going to be mostly used by people that buy a new account + game time to get the mounts for their main... I've had several friends start playing WoW, while I was playing, but all but one started without even knowing about any recruit-a-friend and only told me afterwards, which was late for "recruiting them", even if I was the one who persuaded them to start playing. And, ironically, the only one that I did recruit (and that was because we were playing in the same room when he started), started way before recruit-a-friend gave even the Zhevra mount, so I only got 1 month of game time out of him (on the other hand, of course, having a good friend play a game with you is much better than any mount, so I'm not complaining :-) )

10+ Year Old Account
    Just logged in and it said I had a unclaimed reward but already have the other mounts so got this one, but Golden Bacon was very hard to not to choose.

Hey everyone needing a friend, I'll be starting a new account in a few weeks. Just waiting for Gamestop's Black Friday sale when I can get all of WoW for $15. Not sure which server I want to start on though, but one thing for sure it won't be PvP or RPPvP, and it must have names avail that I want to use.

May be difficult to find a server that fulfills my requirements, but thought I'd let you all know my plans. I am a US player too if that makes a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems strange that it says

For every two levels the recruit's characters earn, one grantable level is gained. Recruit characters may then grant these levels to the veteran player's character as long as the character is lower in level than the level-granting character.
    But the email says

For every two levels of experience you earn, you can grant one level of experience to any one of your or <name> characters of a lower level.

Deleted
    So, when the new expansion comes, if this new player uses the instant 90 that comes with WoD expansion, do you get instant 45 levels as well?

Let's break out the fanboy-to-English translator...

Dear Players,

We have accepted the fact that this game has peaked, and we're not expecting to gain many new subscribers.

However, we realize that what is left of our dwindling fan base still contains a fair amount of people who will pay for pixels. And this RAF program enables us to boast about increased subscription levels, even though we don't really report on how many of these are actually new unique identities. Being great at business means not only fooling your customers, but also the shareholders.

So by supporting us in this pay-for-pixels program, you will help us mislead everyone, increase our revenue and hide the fact that we're bleeding thousands of subscribers every day. Who cares about offering new content when we can focus our efforts into schemes like this to get you to pay more?!

Now run along, little fanboys, run along.

Sincerely,

Blizzard Entertainment

is that ugly hippogryph a 2 seater?

PM me if u want to get invited!

Quote Originally Posted by Hirork View Post
    you know, you can recruit yourself as many times as you want
    I'm sure they're not expecting anyone to do that.

Yeah, I'm aware that I *could* recruit myself. But honestly last night I was pondering making a new Rogue or Mage anyways before I fell asleep so I feel like now would be a good time to actually play alongside a friend and actually have some fun rather than mindlessly tread through it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Emerald Hippogryph works like an average mount not like Heart of Nightwing or X-53 Touring Rocket? I prefer the Heart of Nightwing honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Anybody else LOL (I at least chuffed, IRL) about how epic and badass and loyal and always ready the new mount is while at the same time remembering that we won't be able to fly while leveling in WoD? I guess it's not THAT loyal or THAT always ready.
    Nothing is set in stone, so there's no reason to assume things.

So will this be in game after reset tonight? Just looking on battle.net account management and the RAF option still missing here in the UK and the in game icon is not around also ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    So will this be in game after reset tonight? Just looking on battle.net account management and the RAF option still missing here in the UK and the in game icon is not around also ofc.
    I hope so also, just got all hyped up over nothing

Its not yet available in EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Anybody else LOL (I at least chuffed, IRL) about how epic and badass and loyal and always ready the new mount is while at the same time remembering that we won't be able to fly while leveling in WoD? I guess it's not THAT loyal or THAT always ready.

Luckily Hippogryphs work as ground mounts too! So it is, no problem.

I did RAF twice and got two mounts, logged in today and said I had unclaimed reward? Bug? Not that i'm complaining lol but just curious how many people were receiving this extra reward

Quote Originally Posted by Syrinxe View Post
    Luckily Hippogryphs work as ground mounts too! So it is, no problem.
    You are still only getting half of the mount, same with the mounts on the store... take flying away from those mounts for a whole patch and there will be plenty of angry ripped off people.

So by Recruit A Friend Program they really mean Buy another account Program?

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    So by Recruit A Friend Program they really mean Buy another account Program?
    More just a "Rent-an-Account" with a free mount/pet for trying it. lol