Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    No if people quit or just retire from normal raiding.
    Why would people quit from normal raiding? This only affects heroic raiders.

Deleted
    Roleplaying guilds are AWESOME! Don't have to worry about all of this stuff ! ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't bother reading past the first page. No shame in it considering the situation. Ya'll quit over something that "may" make it into the final expansion and in fact "may" be actually beneficial to yall?

Basically stealing from a blue post. but ya'll can do the new Flex(Normal) and Normal(Heroic) with people between 10-25. The exact same as flex. but for the 2 difficultys that matter to casuals. (Not saying youre casual) but at the same time expect to get in the upper tier or raiddom just because? I mean think about it. All the people that play for gear vs all the people who play for challenge. Some do, most don't.

Accept that Mythic (New Heroic) is tailored for people that actually give a damn to commit to it (25s have it easier to trim but 10s can easily recrut with cross realm to all difficulties prior. Best thing you can do to end your bitching. Start forming teams now to level. Snipe to fastest levelers on your realm. and make it through the new content tiers as fast as possible. It's not hard, just look for other options before blaming the expansion for your short comings.

*when i say final expansion, i mean the actual 6.0-6.1 release.
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

I love how raiders bash everyone who likes to have convenient things, such as solo queues, and then turn around and whine when something is inconvenient for them personally. I never have been on the tears taste good bandwagon before, but in this case...

This is so knee jerk and stupid, but I'm not surprised. When people get pissed off about something, especially gamers, they have to satisfy themselves now. They can't wait and see how things go. Because that requires not nerdraging and arguing, and not being emotional. And being rational. @OP. You guys are being foolish. But it's your guild. But don't put that shit on Blizz. Your guild being drama queens has nothing to do with BLizz.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You disbanded even before you know the release date of the next expansion? Gratz people, i assume you already had lot of issues, and this news just speeded the progress of your guild's death.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    of all the changes in the past years, this is the 1 that will cause your guild to disband ? i doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    All the people attacking the OP are the reason WoW is bleeding subs. You're a pathetic community of pure scumbags. 20 man is a really stupid decision on WoW's part because the vast majority of heroic guilds are now 10 man guilds.

Infracted: More respect and civility please [ML]
    Except only a fraction of the wow population are "mythic" raiders. The vast majority raids tens because tens are easier difficulty wise. And you're throwing a little bitch fit when someone says something you don't like. People like you are the problem. Just like in politics, you've created an "us vs them" attitude. Instead of it being "all of us in the same boat". Grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neosen View Post
    Hey you new recruit guys can you just miss out on every bit of content because your undergeared / we are full for the next 7 months? we might need you next expansion.

I can see that going down great when you get to about 18 people in your roster.

You simply cant start recruiting at this point but you can start to talk about merges

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly the kind of guild who will be hit hardest by this change.

The most casual guilds will never get the people and the best guilds will.

The casual but good players who clear 3/4 of the content on heroic before the nerfs roll in will be stopped in their tracks from going heroic > hardcore for potentially months.

Our guild has been recruiting looking for another healer for 6 weeks at this point. thats 1 person. its going to be unreal looking for 11 more when every single 10 man raiding group in the world is looking for 11+ more.
    Did you read where he said "If it doesn't happen, oh well"? That means they aren't hit at all. They aren't pushing for heroics. If they were, then they'll find a way. And if you're in a ten man right now, and you've been looking for a healer for 6 weeks, then you aren't putting much effort into recruiting. And don't say you're trying. Because regardless of where you're playing, people transfer servers to find a guild they like all the time.

The ones who are hit the hardest are 25 mans. Because that means that 5 people are gone. "Sorry, but we just don't have the room anymore.". 10 man, you get to keep your buds. You just have to find a few more.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2013-11-13 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Mythic - 20

When this was dropped at Blizzcon my guild chat and website forum just exploded over the next days tbh, the discussion hasnt ended until now. It wasnt a fight-against-each-other kind of disc, it was more like... What the hell are WE going to do?
    Half of my guild decided to quit the game instead of starting over again and i understand them... they didnt feel like it will be possible to find anything that is going to fit them one more time, this time being such a huge roster. They only played this game just for having fun 2 nights a week with pals and were basicly players that only logged in when we raided and then u didnt see them online until next raid, but they were subscibers to this game for all these years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    That sucks, and I'm sorry to hear it. Everyone that I know who has been effected by the new Mythic difficulty are just merging with guilds that they either use to be in, or know pretty well. There is enough time before WoD comes out for newly formed/merged guilds to run content together and learn each other's style. It sucks but the options are pretty limited.
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. Who has been affected by the new difficulty? It's not going to be out for at least another year and everything is subject to change prior to release. As far as I know you can continue to do your 10/25H difficulties up until then. Why are you splitting up now? I have to admit that the story in the OP matches up with what I anticipated would happen when the expansion dropped, but the fact remains that the expansion is still a year away. WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand why a guild would disband now. There's months and months of Mists of Pandaria left. All that time you can use to find a solution. I really don't understand the problem in the first place, you don't have to raid Mythic, right?

Country restriction? I play of a European server? Why is that a restriction? I don't understand.

Your guild is nothing more than lazy. Months and months left, and they are giving up already, because they do not want to put some effort into recruiting.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's all kill ourselves because we are going to die sooner or later anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is rough, but it's a part of life. You get to high school and it is like merging guilds. Several middle schools worth of idiots merge with your awesome middle school and guess what? Some of those idiots aren't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Still...
    Since its still so early, are we actualy destryoing ourselves for nothing? I mean a lot might change before WoD acctualy hits, 20 Mythic might also?
    Is there any other players in the same situation as us, how are u handling this?
    Would say it's early to disband. Blizzard have often said they wanted to do things and in the end it never happened, or got changed to fit people better. They might do with this too.
    Personally i'm going to stay in my raid, and see what happens, but i've always quit the game when i didn't raid, so if we clear normal(which we will without trouble) and people still don't feel for those 10 players extra i probably quit within a couple of weeks after that.
    None in our raid is going to leave before we disband.
    I hope they change something so those of us that is just casual about our HCs can still have fun with something to progress on, without the work in it.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Good. If you can't learn to adapt then you shouldn't be a heroic raider to begin with.
    Right now heroic raiding is filled with quitters and whiners, soon it'll be back to the days when heroic raiders were well respected on servers.
    Heroic raiders were never respected, they were just self glorified jerks and it would seem they remain much the same. All this is going to do is lower the amount of doing that level of content to the point it's no longer supported due to lack of demand. So enjoy the glee your getting from seeing guilds tore apart, it's going to get a lot less funny to you in the future when the mode of raiding you want is no longer supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's not even close to impossible on a medium server, there are like 3000+ ppl to choose from, unless you're on the wrong faction.
    My server is so full that i had queue for logging in last night. Yet when i search for something as relaxed as a pug with "looking for a pleasant dps to clear first 10 bosses from 20-22:30", i get no response. Can take me a day or 2 to find that pug, and i don't put restrictions up on who we take in for that. Or. Very low compared to anybody else. We have had 470 geared people in for it, of silly classes, but yet people don't dare to say "uhm that might not be too bad. Let me try that" :P
    They even get to roll on gear too, equally with the rest of the raid, except for warforged.
    Not that i've had trouble with it lately. Got to know enough to usually have one to pull in if we miss one.
    Tell me how come those 7000 people that our server is on when it's full, isn't swarming to us when i need nothing but a nice attitude? How will it be when i want better, more dedicated players? 12-13 of them, mind you. Not one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    Heroic raiders were never respected, they were just self glorified jerks and it would seem they remain much the same. All this is going to do is lower the amount of doing that level of content to the point it's no longer supported due to lack of demand. So enjoy the glee your getting from seeing guilds tore apart, it's going to get a lot less funny to you in the future when the mode of raiding you want is no longer supported.
    You shouldn't judge HC raiders from how they behave here. If you see them in LFR, they're usually the most helpful, pleasant people in there. Or plain silent, which works a lot better than the one standing in fire, calling the other noobs, when we wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Why not just keep raiding with the new Heroic? Then all 12 of you could raid wiht flex Size
    Because we clear that in a short time, since it's nothing but normal, with a new name.
    It's not fun clearing the same thing over and over. Farming.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    ...your guild disbanded because in several months they won't be able to take part in heroic raiding without getting off their butts and recruiting - which apparently wasn't even recognized as a course of action?

EDIT: Yeah, that's a really strong bond you guys had there. </sarcasm>
    It's indeed clear that this guild wasn't doing very well when they decide to disband only because of an announcement of a change that is going to happen in maybe a half year from now which isn't even 100% sure...

Funny to see the three "solutions" the OP stated they came up with. Not even considering recruiting because that's too hard while things will change dramatically over the next couple of months (new expansion, connected realms, etc.).
    I also wonder why they are not continueing until the next expansion if it was such a great guild.

Quote Originally Posted by neosen View Post
    Hey you new recruit guys can you just miss out on every bit of content because your undergeared / we are full for the next 7 months? we might need you next expansion.

I can see that going down great when you get to about 18 people in your roster.

You simply cant start recruiting at this point but you can start to talk about merges

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly the kind of guild who will be hit hardest by this change.

The most casual guilds will never get the people and the best guilds will.

The casual but good players who clear 3/4 of the content on heroic before the nerfs roll in will be stopped in their tracks from going heroic > hardcore for potentially months.

Our guild has been recruiting looking for another healer for 6 weeks at this point. thats 1 person. its going to be unreal looking for 11 more when every single 10 man raiding group in the world is looking for 11+ more.
    Actually, this is exactly the situation I'm in - we're a solid 10 man team (no bench at all) who does normal progression and the occasional heroic boss. We're mostly people who've done more serious raiding before (ranging from full heroic clears to world top 10s), but don't want to put in that kind of time these days. We're actually pretty excited about the new changes for WoD. For one, we can add a bench without having to sit people out regularly.

Our plan is pretty simple - there's a lot of normal-mode guilds with 4-6 good core raiders and a revolving cast of less-serious raiders. We're friends with several of them, but even if we weren't there's still plenty to choose from. Over the next few months we're looking to set up partnerships with several of them - alt flex runs for us and the like. Once we find some good fits (for us and them), we'll absorb them for WoD. The serious raiders get spots on our team. Our guild gets some real life protection and the bodies to do some mythics. The less serious raiders get a much larger pool for normal raids, and therefore more consistant raiding. Everybody gets to raid at a level suitable to their skill/commitment/desire, which makes everyone happier. The combined guild is a lot more active. Wins all the way around.

The trick is to find some underserved players and figure out how to give them more while not screwing their friends. You're probably not going to just absorb a whole functioning team - they have a good situation and are less likely to jump. Recruit from the good players who've been trying to carry their friends and you can make a whole bunch of people a little bit happier.

And if you're on Galakrond-US, you could send a PM. We're still figuring things out since we have months, but we can certainly talk turkey.

Sucks, but when 10 and 25 man were going to share a lockout and the death of 25 man guilds were imminent, all of you 10 man people were like good riddance or we're more hardcore than 25s or some bullshit. So good riddance to 10 man "Heroic" raiding (if it can even be called that), and I look forward and will raid hardcore again with this 20 man mode.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    yes on paper but imho it gonna be more difficult in pratice, blizzard don't have to design mechanics that need to be adaptable to 10 man and even if the difficult still the same doing it with -5 players gonna be really challanging; i expect alot of the current heroic raiding guild hitting a wall on that difficult and alot of qq.
    A guild that is currently 7/14H will be capable of clearing up to that point and beyond in WoD. Blizzards goal is to introduce more interesting mechanics into raiding not to make it waaay harder. I agree with you that the difficulty will (or should) increase slightly but nobody will be hitting brick walls at the beginning of the instance, that is if Blizzard has learned from ToT.