10+ Year Old Account

3rd time to Outland???

firstly, im not up on a lot of the lore so im coming to you guys.... So we had BC, now WoD and im guessing that sargeras wont be being killed in this expansion so do you think there will be a 3rd expansion where we will have to go back to bloody outland? i know everybody is entitled to their own opinion but I personally hated outland so hopefully WoD will change my mind a little if there was to be a 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by arkadeus View Post
    firstly, im not up on a lot of the lore so im coming to you guys.... So we had BC, now WoD and im guessing that sargeras wont be being killed in this expansion so do you think there will be a 3rd expansion where we will have to go back to bloody outland? i know everybody is entitled to their own opinion but I personally hated outland so hopefully WoD will change my mind a little if there was to be a 3rd.
    I doubt we will, besides, you can't really say we're going back to Outland, the Zones are wildly different.
    I think we'll take down a high ranking Legion member next X-Pac, which this one will lead up to, but we'll do that, and subsequent fights against the Legion, on Azeroth or some Legion controlled planet.

Deleted
    No, when we will fight Sargeras and his legion we will take the fight to them i.e Argus and other demon planets.

Deleted
    I don't think we'll be going to Outland again. I was convinced that they'd revamp old Outland in addition to giving us Draenor, but now (especially with boost to 90) that seems like that ship has sailed.

If we're going up against the Legion again it will be in Xoroth and Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkadeus View Post
    Sargeras has beef with Azeroth in the first place, not Draenor. They're not exactly mutually exclusive or inclusive for that matter. I personally like Outland more than Northrend, so there you go, personal opinion and stuff like that means little to Blizzard in the end. Something about not being able to please everyone since everyone has different tastes. Blizzard said during the Blizzcon before Cata that at some point they would like to bring Outland and Northrend up to speed with current events, meaning they would possibly change them in the future... guess we (kinda) got the rebuilding of Outland now, don't we?

Draenor as it is in WoD will... NOT... be... Outland. How many more times does it have to be said? Lorewise, Draenor used to be Outland before the cataclysm that shattered it. Ner'zhul was to blame but yh... Some landmarks and even zones will have the same names or have a glimpse of similarity, but you know... Draenor becoming Outland in the future means you need points of recognition so you see the relation between the two. Draenor will be made from scratch for WoD, there will be no copy/past actions going on like Cataclysm did for Azeroth. Some things will be recreated to look somewhat the same, but that's it.

I could say there would be no reason to go back to Outland a 2nd time (WoD does not do that), but I can't see the future. I would not say it's impossible they'll make us go back for some quest chain, or stuff like that but don't count on a whole expansion being about going back to Outland. They could at some point maybe introduce new zones to old areas, since the few floating patches of land we see in Outland are not all that's left of a whole world.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2013-11-14 at 06:41 PM.

This is the third time.

I went Beyond the Dark Portal way before BC.