Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why should they cater to a very small minority of players that everyone else despises? I have no sympathy for twinks; PvP is built upon max level. If you want competition, man up and get to max level instead of farming new players trying to get a little practice before max level PvP. BOA gear might level the playing field a little, and present some of the same problems for actual new players, but at least they move on as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Other "Normal" players only hate us because they see us as the unfair godlike player on the other team. However, if they knew the 10k+ gold that went into these characters and the months of boring as hell dungeon grinding it took to get the gear, maybe then they will realize how much effort we put into them and think to themselves "This guy has obviously spent a lot of time making his character the best he can be, he deserves to have fun." Instead of "This is so unfair, even though this guy has spent so much time fine tuning his character, he should be banned from everything and I should get my wins handed to me on a silver platter!"
    Okay, let's put this into context. I was a former Feral Druid twink at level 39. I didn't pick the WTFINSTANTAMBUSHONESHOT Rogue or tab+dot+tab+dot+tab+dot+tab+dot "Oh look I'm 52 kills, 0 deaths" (I have witnessed this happening multiple WSGs) Warlock, or some bullshit class twink where the opponent had zero change to fight back. At level 39, Feral Druids are rather weak. I focused on Agi and Stam; 3,200 health with only MotW on, and even hit over 8,900 health fully buffed with CDs popped, bear form, what-have-you. Keep in mind most "normal" characters had 1,200 - 1,800 health unbuffed. There was zero "effort" in obtaining my gear. How did I obtain it? By having a maximum level character one-shot mobs for me, and I collected the loot. Unless you call logging on "effort", it doesn't exist. And, yes, I had to "work" for my drops -- getting a suffix "of the Owl" (? It was +int and +stam) was a retarded grind that took me FOREVER to do in Uldaman. Yes, I have even grinded dungeons for a rare spawn that has a CHANCE to drop the weapon I wanted for my off-spec (for my Paladin, which was Ret / Holy). And I really fail to see the argument that spending gold equals effort, or that in some way makes you more entitled for your "fun" (if you find one-shotting people without the ability to fight back, I seriously question your entertainment choices).

And adding an absurd hyperbole just adds to the insanity of this post. If the community truly wanted an even playing field, the twinking community would have still remained. What has happened makes it pretty clear that this was not the case.

So, basically, you're full of shit.

Twinking was popular when you could one shot all the other players in a bg.
    now that it's fair no one twinks.
    ironic.

Sorry you can't have your fun by fighting against people who can barely fight back in instanced PvP.

Get good.

Its not all about BoA items, but mostly about enchant scaling . Even if you have standard boa gear, you have about 1k HP (10-14 bracket) . Invest some gold > add enchants and there you go - 2,5k HP is rly easy to reach . Evryone without looms/enchants has about 700 HP .
    On my priest i have looms/enchants - not stamina one,but intellect. So i have about 1,1k HP but that intellect makes me able to oneshot that 700 HP players with just one Penance.
    When i lvl up to lvl 15 i just delete them , make new , send enchanted looms/enchants to white gear and fun begins again .

I dont understand why twinks are not allowed in nornaml BGs , you find there anyway most ppls using enchants/looms . If they wanna allow ppl without looms/enchants to have some chance, they should completely disable enchant scaling in BG .

Sry for my english

This difference between twinkers and boa-players... Dont twinkers use mostly BoA stuff anyway ?
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    I hate much more BoAs that twinks. When a twink kills one-shot you you admire it about his funny style and hard work dealt to reach that epicness. When a BoA one-shot you I alt-f4 because I can't accept it.

Anyway, BoAs ruin every low lvl bg. You just can't deal with BoAs as a white-geared player

The hypocrisy is strong with this one. No one gives a shit who one-shots him. It's equally annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No, they should nerf BoA gear or normalise gear levels for all players.
    Agreed with the underlined. Having gear normalisation at low levels would be awesome, and would help not punish players who don't grind dungeons for gear as well since you can't get any meaningful gear via low level pvp.

1) I know that, especially new players, may get gaming ruined by being ganked by twinks, but then give a reason that why full BoAs that have no exp locked can join and massacre everyone.
    Because they're only going to hang around a particular bracket for a day or two and then they'll be on their way. A twink can persist for months or even years in the same battleground on the same bracket. Eventually players join a battleground and they're getting yelled at for daring to queue without having twinked. I already got yelled at plenty of times just for doing the PvP quests for the legendary without crafting a full PvP set prior to queueing. That's not the experience that Blizzard want to present to all first-time PvPers.

Do you see it nice that Blizzard isolated twinks? Remember that twinks pay the game like any other player, and they just use what the game offers, so it should be Blizzard that instead of isolating players should balance the game.
    I do see that as a good thing, because it allowed serious twinks to keep doing what they enjoy while weeding out the griefers who were just twinking for the joy of ganking a new ungeared player.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Twinking was popular when you could one shot all the other players in a bg.
    now that it's fair no one twinks.
    ironic.
    I also suspect if something was done about ganking that gave low level players a chance against higher level ones (some sort of complicated gear scaling which would likely never properly work as intended) ganking attempts would cease also.

Some people just love playing a game they know they can't lose. Its... amusingly sad, really.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Low BG in itself is just broken no matter twink or not. Prot Warrior and Hunters the overlords to which all the lesser classes must bow.
    There are other must-bow specs. The face-melters for example. Can you touch me before I melt your face from afar? No, highly unlikely.

But by the time you get to the 60s, all classes are viable one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nobody plays twinks anymore
    You're kidding right? I decided to take my new Orc Rogue into the 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, and finally my last 35-39 WSG brackets. It was completely DOMINATED by Alliance twinks. Even in my halfassed heirloom gear (shit enchants and such), I was getting mauled alive by pretty much anyone not another rogue. :P

If you want to excel in those brackets, it seemed Hunters, Disc Priests, and Druids were the FotM classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Here we go, 3.2 (Call of the Crusade):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/3-2-0

Same patch that allowed you to earn XP in BGs.

Holy crap, so we are discussing here an issue from like ages ago D:
    Thanks for bringing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vren View Post
    You're kidding right? I decided to take my new Orc Rogue into the 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, and finally my last 35-39 WSG brackets. It was completely DOMINATED by Alliance twinks. Even in my halfassed heirloom gear (shit enchants and such), I was getting mauled alive by pretty much anyone not another rogue. :P

If you want to excel in those brackets, it seemed Hunters, Disc Priests, and Druids were the FotM classes.
    Unless you locked your XP for every bracket you didn't play with twinks though.

Whenever i see twinks i just think to myself they prolly sucks at max lvl pvp.

Deleted
    BoAs gank aswell but they are allowed to wear rare* head, shoulders, mantle and so on. Just camping on the graveyard and GG
    *heirlooms are probably even better than rares
    Heirlooms are technically the same quality as a level equivalent blue. But its much easier to keep a full set of heirlooms enchanted vs constantly upgrading blues and doing the same. Plus you get those awesome trinkets for which there's no findable equivalent.

Personally I find heirloom players have made the experience worse for new players than twinks did, as they're far more common. And I wouldn't mind seeing them filtered out seperately in leveling BGs at the lower levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Unless you locked your XP for every bracket you didn't play with twinks though.
    They could be twinking for pvp without xp locking. If they went with full pvp heirlooms, enchants, trinkets etc, and just updated the few non-heirlooms slots once they outleveled a BG bracket. And if necessary, delete the character and start afresh. Its not like that takes long now.

Blizzard doesn't hate twinks, 99% of the players hate twinks. Twinks claimed they twinked for the challenge and that they actually preferred to fight other twinks instead of one-shotting non-twinks. Well, guess what? They lied. And no you are stuck in empty BGs, because twinks don't like losing to twinks.

Blizzard don't hate twinks, they just don't care about them. They care about the part of the playerbase that is moving on as the game moves on. Which also is the reason there is no vanilla or TBC servers or the stuff like that.

The only "twinking" that is fine imo is Herald of the Titan twinks because it is the only way to get the title.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

They are more into bears.

Deleted
    Twinking is about roflstomping people with 0 gear, every non-twink hates them. Good thing blizzard did this. Now man up and proper PvP.